Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Just got back from SoCal

Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from SoCal

Well, my spur of the moment trip to LA and Las Vegas came to an end today, and I must tell you SoCal guys how much I loved LA and the hills around the area. The city and the hills are beautiful, and the hills looked like they'd be perfect for trails. While I was driving up I-15 towards Vegas, I remembered that you guys had a meet at the Cleghorn trail. Well I stopped at that little McDonalds that you guys met at and got me a drink. That hill looked perfect for trails, and there was even that lake about 10 miles back there. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys how much I loved LA and the surrounding areas, much different than here in NC. The only thing that I did not like was the think layer of smog that blanketed the city and the surrounding areas. Another thing I noticed was the large amounts of Toyota Prius's lining the freeways. Anyways, thanks for a great trip SoCal (and Vegas )!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Right on! Glad you enjoyed your time out here. We're pretty spoiled here. Everything is pretty much at our finger tips!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It's the only place in the US where you can ski in the morning, drive 1.5 hours and go surfing.

I don't think that was smog, our mornings get overcast, it's the marine layer sneaking in from the ocean.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love socal!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
Sinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Logistics, Beans, Bullets and spare parts..
Name: Mike
Sinister's Tacoma Gallery
Marine layer is code for SMOG.. Driving up and down the 15 will give you a great view of San Bernardino, and the surround area.. So did you leave any money in Vegas AKA Lost Wages? If you did, thank you and come again..lol
Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
Marine layer is code for SMOG..
Ummm, not quite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_layer
Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
Sinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Logistics, Beans, Bullets and spare parts..
Name: Mike
Sinister's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, you got me there. But living in that area just south of cleghorn for a number of years I can verify its smog and not just marine layer..
Old 08-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
yeah there will be smog but living coastal you will see the marine layer come in and believe me being a fisherman you see alot.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Wait! You missed San Diego? Then you didn't really visit SoCal. Haha. Have a nice drive home.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Wait! You missed San Diego? Then you didn't really visit SoCal. Haha. Have a nice drive home.
Drive??? You think I would actually drive to California? Anyways, it was my first time flying, pretty cool if I should say so myself. But nothing beats driving my Taco .
Old 08-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you had a good time out here. Too bad it wasn't when there was a trail run or a mod day...maybe next time.