Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Offroad Recommendation

Old 08-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Offroad Recommendation

New to the whole off road scene, I just picked up an 09 d-cab 2wd with the trd off road package. I would like to know some recommendation on places to go easy places . I was thinking more towards just desert hills for now. I am located in the LA area if that matters thanks.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
not sure where abouts LA you are but I like to do simple trails like lytle creek and the cleghorn fire road. Just remember to never to alone
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Fixed, you should come out and run some trails w/ the local peeps. Prerunner or 4X, we can still have fun and get everyone home safely. Check out some of the posts for meets, mod days, etc... and you'll learn a ton of where to go and what you need.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
Fixed, you should come out and run some trails w/ the local peeps. Prerunner or 4X, we can still have fun and get everyone home safely. Check out some of the posts for meets, mod days, etc... and you'll learn a ton of where to go and what you need.

ya what he said, we have a mod day next weekend in buena park if you want to come by and get some idea's of what mods you want to do or just hang and check taco's all day.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Check my sig out. Still some time away, but will give you time to get things before coming out. rpparkster is a special one, he got a nice invitation!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
isn't that in November, damn that is a long ways out.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
isn't that in November, damn that is a long ways out.
Yea it is! It will be Nov in no time though. The months seem to be flying by faster and faster nowadays.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if you are going to majic mountain sometime soon hungry valley OHV is right there off the 5 that place is fun and plenty to do in 2WD truck
Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the invite guys but I will be in Vegas with my wife. I was wondering if anyone know about the dirt road right by the outlet drive. I have seen atv and dirt bikes playing around there and would like to know if anyone drove on that dirt road before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
ya what he said, we have a mod day next weekend in buena park if you want to come by and get some idea's of what mods you want to do or just hang and check taco's all day.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Thanks for the invite guys but I will be in Vegas with my wife. I was wondering if anyone know about the dirt road right by the outlet drive. I have seen atv and dirt bikes playing around there and would like to know if anyone drove on that dirt road before?
that's Barstow Main...

i offroad there about twice a month if you ever want to hit it up and get a feel for some desert wheeling...

i can take you through some easy stuff or you can climb in my truck and we can go and have some more intense fun...

next weekend 8/15 is the big night race in Lucerne Valley if you want to roll out and see some great desert action...
Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #11
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
that's Barstow Main...

i offroad there about twice a month if you ever want to hit it up and get a feel for some desert wheeling...

i can take you through some easy stuff or you can climb in my truck and we can go and have some more intense fun...

next weekend 8/15 is the big night race in Lucerne Valley if you want to roll out and see some great desert action...
i definitely would like to ride with you in your awesome truck
Old 08-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #12

I would be on my way to Vegas that weekend thanks for the invite tho. Maybe when I get back I'll hit you up and you can show me some spot. I notice you listed Glendale in your sig, I work in Glandale i'll keep an eye out for your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
that's Barstow Main...

Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
i definitely would like to ride with you in your awesome truck

kiss ass.