Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

OC 4x4 Shop

Old 08-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
OC 4x4 Shop

Well I missed SCMD3, and wont be able to make 4, so I'm forced to have my 4x Billy 5100's and AAL installed by a shop in the area. Anybody have any suggestions? I've been quoted $400 by OUTLAW OFFROAD (including alignment) but the price still makes me feel violated. DIY is out of the question, I'd probably kill myself as I have little to no mechanical knowledge.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Dependable Offroad can do it 714-774-1471. If you got a place to work at, I can help you do them.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
If you got a place to work at, I can help you do them.
I just called them up, theyre closed though....I may take you up on that offer....I'll make it worth your while....

in a non-*** way...lol
Old 08-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright, just pm me and we'll figure out a day for it. I might get 05prerunner involved in this too.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you should host a wrench-a-thon and have a pizza and adult beverage party!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Hi
How 'bout Thursday or Friday after 2pm? =D
Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Greg Graffin 2016

I can do either. where in Orange County do you live?
Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
Hi
Anaheim, Brookhurst & Ball
Old 08-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016

Oh shit, you're almost right by me.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #10
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Dependable Offroad can do it 714-774-1471. If you got a place to work at, I can help you do them.
Have you had this shop do any installs for you?
I may also be doing the 5100s soon.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Fronts are pretty easy when assembled. I've done 2 Bilstein 5100 lifts using the cheap Autozone spring compressor. Definitely not the easiest tool to use and a little sketchy. So if you try and assembly them yourself take your time and be careful.

I tried changing out my front coilovers the other day though and it didn't want to have any part of it. I had installed the coilovers prior to my spindle lift but now that I have the spindle lift on there it was just being a pain. Stock uca's were hitting the coil and I had no room to slide them out because it wasn't at full droop. Might have to disconnect the uca if I try it again. Time is limited and I found a shop that said 125 so I might go that route.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Have you had this shop do any installs for you?
I may also be doing the 5100s soon.
No I do my own install, but if you need anything Steve from dependable can find it, install it and build it.