Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Powder Coating

Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
Powder Coating(with NEW! pictures)

Well I recently got into powder coating, and wanted to see if anyone was interested in letting me do some parts for them for pretty cheap. I am using a standard 30'' oven for now so whatever you can fit in your oven at home I can powdercoat.

I'm really interested in doing some Valve Covers. I have been doing lots of powder coating on motorcycle pegs/levers/bolts with great results. Ill post some before/after pics when I finish uploading them.

Since I'm just starting out I only have basic colors. Mirror Black(Super high gloss), Flat Black, Chrome, Sparkle Sliver, White, Red, Yellow, Candy Blue and Candy Pink. Although I can get pretty much any color you want.

I don't claim to be a professional but my prices will reflect that lol. I'm sure my price will be the lowest you find, and I haven't had one complaint from any people on the work I have done. I wouldn't charge someone for anything I wouldn't want.

I can do up to 16" rims at the moment but those have a bit of a longer turn around time as i have to do them one at a time.

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested, I have some small motorcycle parts..what about calipers?
Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
* *DEAL * *

I'd like to get a few things Power-Coated. Question for you. I have a Aluminum Bike Frame I'd like to powder coat. I know you can't fit it inside your oven. Can that be powder coated in general?

I'm going to see what I'd like powder coated.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
* *DEAL * *

I'd like to get a few things Power-Coated. Question for you. I have a Aluminum Bike Frame I'd like to powder coat. I know you can't fit it inside your oven. Can that be powder coated in general?

I'm going to see what I'd like powder coated.

Most definitely it can be powder coated. Let me know what you need and I'll let you know prices.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #5

Here are some pictures of some of the stuff we've done lately:

Here are some 16" Tacoma Rims

Here are a few valve covers in different colors:

(yes that IS Powder coating, NOT chrome)

(We did the Candy Green, not the chrome)

There are more things we've done but this is just a sample of a few different colors we have.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
I'm interested in getting all 4 wheels powdercoated....However, i painted them before...Would i have to sand/prep them first before getting them to you? Or do you prep them too?
Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
I'm interested in getting all 4 wheels powdercoated....However, i painted them before...Would i have to sand/prep them first before getting them to you? Or do you prep them too?
x2
Old 09-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #8

I do all the prep work on them and get them ready to go. I'm sending you both PMs with pricing
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
great that someone local is doing the hookup. i don't need anything but thanks for putting it out there.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #10
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious....What's considered South Whittier? I grew up in Friendly Hills and am curious. Nice work btw!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #11
E-ROCKER is on a distinguished road
E-ROCKER's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know there's someone local for our powder coating needs. Grew up in Whittier (near uptown) and live in LaHabra Heights, very close.
I would imagine that a set of rock sliders would be too big for the oven ?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you are doing good work. I live in the san fernando valley, and I may be looking to powdercoat my rims. Ill hit you up if the decision becomes final.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ROCKER View Post
Good to know there's someone local for our powder coating needs. Grew up in Whittier (near uptown) and live in LaHabra Heights, very close.
I would imagine that a set of rock sliders would be too big for the oven ?
At the moment they are. We're looking to get a bigger oven by December.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
Just curious....What's considered South Whittier? I grew up in Friendly Hills and am curious. Nice work btw!
South Whittier is any part of unicorporated county Whittier south of Mulberry/Slauson. I'd have to say the central part of South Whittier would be the intersection of Carmenita and Meyer.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Can you send me a PM for powder coating the wheels?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Can you send me a PM for powder coating the wheels?

Thanks.
PM sent
Old 09-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Damn.. if you didnt live so faw away id have you do my valve covers on my X
I just talked to my buddy that I do this with and he said a guy is sending us his from West Virginia and its only costing $15 to ship them, so from nor Cal it shouldn't be too bad to ship if you're willing
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #19
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWhittierMetalWorks View Post

Is that a four burner?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Is that a four burner?
Of course it is! 4 burner, 4 wheel drive, its how i roll