Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Welding in Orange County

Old 09-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Welding in Orange County

Anybody know of a descent place? I got some sliders on the way and I need a place to weld them for me. Outlaw Offroad wants to violate me by charging me $190.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
call a few muffler shops. They are comfortable with welding above their noggins.
Yes but Show them How they are put on! Tell them the gussets go on top! They put mine on the bottom. And tell them you want the outer tube to be between 1" and 1.25" from the doors when opened and the inner tube between 1" and 1.25" from the pinch weld.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I completely forgot about the place I purchased my flowmaster 40 at, its called Welding Works. Im probably gonna end up going back to them. Perhaps Ive had bad luck but this is the only place, IMO, that has given me awesome customer service when it came to working on my truck. On top of that, while I was waiting for them to weld it on, I saw a few other rigs they were working on which included a sand rail and an intensely customized Jeep crawler so it looks like theyve got the experience to do something like that.

What do you guys think the cost of welding these on should be? Ive heard $100-$150 but Im not quite sure.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
my muffler guy charged me 50, 20 minutes and they are still on.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
get your facts straight
SafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dang
SafetyDang's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SafetyDang
you bought sliders? From who? What did your wife say LMAO!

Ask what the pho to do it.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyDang View Post

LOL. Shut up. This doesnt qualify for her restrictions. I bought these a few weeks ago and they just shipped them out so they should be here soon.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
my muffler guy charged me 50, 20 minutes and they are still on.
Which muffler shop did you take yours to, do you remember the name off the top of your head?

I called Desolate Motorsports, in Whittier, today and they gave me estimate of around $75. IMZZ Industries, in LaHabra, also said it would run between $75-115 depending on how long it takes them. Seems like the basic hourly rate was 75, how long do you think it would take a shop to weld them on?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Which muffler shop did you take yours to, do you remember the name off the top of your head?

I called Desolate Motorsports, in Whittier, today and they gave me estimate of around $75. IMZZ Industries, in LaHabra, also said it would run between $75-115 depending on how long it takes them. Seems like the basic hourly rate was 75, how long do you think it would take a shop to weld them on?
i don't remember the name, have been going there for 20 years. it's on norwalk blvd and lakeland in norwalk.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
i don't remember the name, have been going there for 20 years. it's on norwalk blvd and lakeland in norwalk.
Alright well I'll have to take a look when I get a chance. Those streets are literally like less than a minute away from where I work.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #11
SoCalPrerunner has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalPrerunner has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalPrerunner has a spectacular aura about
SoCalPrerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
I completely forgot about the place I purchased my flowmaster 40 at, its called Welding Works. Im probably gonna end up going back to them. Perhaps Ive had bad luck but this is the only place, IMO, that has given me awesome customer service when it came to working on my truck. On top of that, while I was waiting for them to weld it on, I saw a few other rigs they were working on which included a sand rail and an intensely customized Jeep crawler so it looks like theyve got the experience to do something like that.

What do you guys think the cost of welding these on should be? Ive heard $100-$150 but Im not quite sure.

I've been going to welding works forever. great guys and they actually welded up my demello DIY bolt on sliders for me a year or 2 ago (i've since sold them and made my own) I'm actually heading there right now to get an exhaust quote and i'll ask them on the price
Old 10-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #12
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be leery of anyone who can do these in 20 minutes. (not saying anything bad about bajamoon's because I haven't seen them.) But I wouldn't touch this job for less than about $80 to $100. You get what you pay for as jdkeller found out. It would take me at least 2-3 hours to do these since I only do things 1 way.... clean, and my question to you guys who've received these is, do the legs have to be cut to the proper angle on the frame end when installing these weld on's that you guys are buying? Or are these installers just slapping them on and zapping them up? Or are the cut ends they come with close to being correct for welding?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I'd be leery of anyone who can do these in 20 minutes. (not saying anything bad about bajamoon's because I haven't seen them.) But I wouldn't touch this job for less than about $80 to $100. You get what you pay for as jdkeller found out. It would take me at least 2-3 hours to do these since I only do things 1 way.... clean, and my question to you guys who've received these is, do the legs have to be cut to the proper angle on the frame end when installing these weld on's that you guys are buying? Or are these installers just slapping them on and zapping them up? Or are the cut ends they come with close to being correct for welding?
Mine were correct. But I know that some that bought from Revenge Fab had bad legs.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyDang View Post

I would do it for free but I have a flux core welder only. Ask 05Prerunner if we can use the welder at his shop. Then I'll do it.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #15
get your facts straight
SafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dang
SafetyDang's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SafetyDang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
A true fabricator at work.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
digitalricepape is on a distinguished road
digitalricepape's Tacoma Gallery
Reviving an old thread but hopefully some of you found decent shops that welded on your sliders. The sliders I just purchased need new legs welded on and I'd like to get these on through a reputable shop. Anyone?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #18
digitalricepape is on a distinguished road
digitalricepape's Tacoma Gallery
A bit too far from me I work in Covina and was hoping for somewhere around there
Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
diablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nice
Name: Alejandro Gonzalez
diablo_Alex2777's Tacoma Gallery
I got a welder, you r welcome to use my welder or i can help you weld them on. I got the lincoln 140 HD. let me know cause i work at The City or Buena Park, But i live in Mira Loma. U r welcome to come to my house. It will cost you 12 oister from enrique mariscos down the street from me. About $22 dollars.