Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SWR Meter

Old 10-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
heffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
heffer's Tacoma Gallery
SWR Meter

hey guys, i was wondering if any of you local to the Los angeles area has a SWR meter i can borrow to tune my CB? thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Your better off buying one. Seriously. They're only $15 from rightchannelradios. I was trying to do the same thing (borrow one) but reasoned that having my own to tune/check my radio was worth The $15.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
what type of CB did you buy?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
I have one. I think HBmurphy still has it, but I'm sure it'll be at SCMD5.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
heffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
heffer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
what type of CB did you buy?
i got a cobra ultra III from walmart. the reviews seem pretty good. so hopefully its good enough. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpparkster View Post
I have one. I think HBmurphy still has it, but I'm sure it'll be at SCMD5.
cool. would you be willing to help me tune my radio? haha
Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I thought you had to tune your radio in an open area in order to get decent SWR reads?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
well hell I need to tune mine too. so tuning day at scmd5?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
30' from any buildings or tall structures (including trees) is sufficient
damnit! I drove all the way to the beach for an open area.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
well hell I need to tune mine too. so tuning day at scmd5?
Yours sounded pretty clear when we were at Holy Jim and on the way there. I dont know if thats bc mine is tuned or yours but, either way, you sound clear on this end.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its clear at close but half a mile away to 1 mile away it sound fuzzy thats going in and going out
Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
its clear at close but half a mile away to 1 mile away it sound fuzzy thats going in and going out
O. Did you turn off your CB right after you exited the trail?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016

nope i had it on all the way til i passed you, I turned it off at in n out.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
Hi
Lol. Get it tuned. I was on Jamboree & Santiago Canyon/Chapman and I was trying to talk but I figured you had turned it off or something. I dont think you were too far behind me since you passed me right after I pulled into Pollo Loco
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
Hi
In any case, CB TUNING AT SCMD5!!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
Greg Graffin 2016

I got stuck behind a jeep coming down, he was going slow. I came up on him at 70
Old 10-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I bought SWR meter from Fry's for $12. I was able to tune my CB to 1.4 for Chans 1, 20 & 40. I'm using 21" loaded antenna mounted on the roof.

I can hear others but don't know yet if they can hear me. I'll probably test it on the next meet.