Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Rowher Flats

Old 11-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Rowher Flats

Hey there just wanted to see if anyone was planning on checking out Rowher Flats , its supposed to open up sometime this week ( i believe either the 8th or 9 th)

I was gonna try and give the ranger station a call to confirm whether or not they still plan on opening up, cause they usually end up pushing back the date

if they are still on schedule to open up we should get a group of tacos to roll out, or maybe just meet up there
Old 11-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
You read my mind. I have been waiting the re-opening for years.

I called the Ranger station earlier this week and they said they are still planning on opening Rowher Flats on Nov 8th.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Never been here... What's it like? Type of terrain and all that. Anybody have pics?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
07runner is on a distinguished road
07runner's Tacoma Gallery
Can a prerunner handle this place
Old 11-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
What is this Rowher Flats you all speak of?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Never been here... What's it like? Type of terrain and all that. Anybody have pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
What is this Rowher Flats you all speak of?

that is a long drive for both of you, close to valencia. looks like fun lets do it.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe Derek will wanna go and I can bum a ride with him
Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #9
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I drove by the entrance today. There was a ranger exiting from the gate with a quad in the back of his truck.

He told me there is a good chance they will open on Saturday. But he could only gurantee they would officially open on Sunday the 8th.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
I drove by the entrance today. There was a ranger exiting from the gate with a quad in the back of his truck.

He told me there is a good chance they will open on Saturday. But he could only gurantee they would officially open on Sunday the 8th.

Sounds good, I am definitely gonna head out there Sunday. Most likely sometime in the morning, are you still planning on going ? Should hit up tacoskim see if hes down to roll
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #11

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there around 10.

By the way, anyone with a prerunner thinking of going will be fine. Its kinda like Gorman (if you have been there) just smaller. Mostly just trail riding, no extreme rock crawling. But, its been closed for 3 years, so there is no telling what will be open...
Old 11-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #12

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Just got word a friend of mine will be there too (with his goofy yellow Nissan Frontier).

We will be on CB channel 21 (ruler, do you have a cb?). We will actually be there between 9 and 10.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #13

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Just got home. This place is a lot of fun. For the first weekend being re-opened there were a lot of people. Plus rangers were not charging admission.

There must have been 2 large Jeep groups there. I saw 2 groups of about 15 Jeeps.

I spend about 5 hours driving and I did not come close to covering 1/2 of the terrain. I missed out on a lot of the black diamond 4x4 trails because I was with a friend driving a 2wd. I saw a group of Jeeps attempting to go up the 4x4 "Look Out trail" and one jeep got stuck at a very steep part. As we were leaving the rangers were about to go help them.

Here is the trail that took us about 2.5 hours. Later we talked with the rangers and they said that a gate should have been locked (where the map has a "B"). But we did not know so we kept going and by the time we had passed Bouquet Resivior and we were over looking Lancaster we realized we had to turn back.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
06whttacooma is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
06whttacooma's Tacoma Gallery
I was all over that area on sat. with my buddie and his jeep. We went off of Spunky cyn all the way to San Fransquito on a nice bit of trails. I had no prob going with my 2wd with my street tires, but it was fun sliding around on them. Wanted to go through Texas cyn or as some say Rohwer flats but of course it was closed on sat. I am definitely going back soon if anyone is interested.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Maybe Derek will wanna go and I can bum a ride with him

Maybe..
Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
notYOtaco is on a distinguished road

notYOtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I used to ride there on my dirt bike. Excited to see it reopened. There are some great scenic views of the reservoir.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone wanna take a look at this place tomorrow?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #18
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
Anyone wanna take a look at this place tomorrow?
by tomorrow do you mean monday or sunday? cuz technically you posted on sunday. LOL.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #19
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
by tomorrow do you mean monday or sunday? cuz technically you posted on sunday. LOL.
Ok today lol...as in Sunday
Old 11-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #20
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
Ok today lol...as in Sunday
lol. dam. Im off Monday and have been dying to offroad. I dunno if I can wait til the 19th for Cleghorn. I may have to go do a simple local trail.