Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

CB Radio

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
CB Radio

I've searched the site about the subject but since I'm gonna be doing most of my off roading with you all I figured I post it on the SO Cal section

I'm considering...Well, planning on purchasing a CB radio for future runs and wanted to get some input. I'm looking for something small, easy to install/operate and wont dent the funds too much. I've looked on rightchannelradios.com and pretty much decided on the Uniden Bearcat PRO 510XL. Since Uniden is what I use on my boat and I don't have any problems with it.

Is any of ya'll running that same unit? And i don't think the antenna comes with the package and would have to buy one seperatly.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
A few members have this one. and it works great. It's what I plan on getting.

http://www.campinggeardepot.com/stor...096323766.html

More Pictures on this site
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/co...radio-204.html
Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
A few members have this one. and it works great. It's what I plan on getting.

http://www.campinggeardepot.com/stor...096323766.html

More Pictures on this site
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/co...radio-204.html
Thats a pretty high speed looking radio right there! But a little too much for broke old me
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm rocking the Wal-mart style Cobra 19. It was only $35 and does a decent job. the main thing is the antenna don't skimp there and make sure you get it tuned. Check out this one...http://www.rightchannelradios.com/co...radio-185.html
Old 12-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
"Kill BABIES"

Brian, the one you got is pretty badass. And for only $35 at the Wal-Mart now you're speaking my language and it has a PA. I didn't Wal-Mart carries CB....I think I might have to go check it out
Old 12-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
spamthefood is on a distinguished road
spamthefood's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/te...de/page_3.html

I found this site helpful. Pages 1 and 2 have some other info, and the 4th page has some more radios. They're all more expensive though but it gives you something to compare.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these Midland units ($70):
http://www.amazon.com/MIDLAND-75-822...1005661&sr=1-1

I comes with a dc power cord for in-vehicle use and a battery pack for portable use. The DC power cord has a jack for an external antenna.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Brian, the one you got is pretty badass. And for only $35 at the Wal-Mart now you're speaking my language and it has a PA. I didn't Wal-Mart carries CB....I think I might have to go check it out
the only difference between the link and what I have is the RF Gain which helps out when there are trucks around and possibly using our channel you can tune them out (correct me if I'm wrong guys). I think thats helpful.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
"Kill BABIES"

I don't want anything "high speed" man. As long as I can get comm with the group I'll be good-2-go.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
If you need it for this weekend go to walmart. I bought the Cobra 19DX IV from Amazon and it has worked great for me. I will have a SWR Meter at Cleghorn. Get a decent Antenna. I have the Lil Wil and it is awesome. I hit trees with it all the time and it stays on. Solid.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #11
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I have the old school 29ltd cobra sound tracker works great but to damn big!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Uniden Bearcat and it's great, got all the bells and whistles... Also has NOAA weather but costs a pretty penny. For the antenna I have the K40, which is a good one.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #14

ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I have the Uniden Bearcat and it's great, got all the bells and whistles... Also has NOAA weather but costs a pretty penny. For the antenna I have the K40, which is a good one.
Is having the NOAA option worth it? How often do you use it?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
Is having the NOAA option worth it? How often do you use it?
If I had to buy again, I don't think I'd get the NOAA. Not because it isn't useful, just because I don't think it's worth how much you pay for a radio that has it. I use it whenever there's a storm here just to check up on whats going on as far as how long/how severe the storm is.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
redrx8 has a spectacular aura aboutredrx8 has a spectacular aura about
redrx8's Tacoma Gallery
I plan to install my cb radio but not sure where. I have an 05, can i see pictures of where you have installed your cb's?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #18
"Kill BABIES"

Im going to mount mine where the change goes n the left side
Old 12-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
If I had to buy again, I don't think I'd get the NOAA. Not because it isn't useful, just because I don't think it's worth how much you pay for a radio that has it. I use it whenever there's a storm here just to check up on whats going on as far as how long/how severe the storm is.
I drive an 1:15 to work and the same from work every day. In the North Country it is very useful. It gives pretty much hour by hour forecasts and I can hear what is going on more readily than the radio. Then I can switch it back over the the CB and listen to the chatter up ahead. If I didn't drive like I do I would have no reason to have it though.

Products Discussed in this Thread