1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Corral Canyon Trail Building

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by singlefin, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    singlefin

singlefin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    Guess they are going to start hacking away at clearing a new 4WD Trail at CC. They are requesting man power to assist. More info at the below links.

http://www.socalultimate4x4.com/index.php/topic,2758.0/topicseen.html

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851287

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Damn...if I was not going to Mod day this weekend I would be all over this

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    OK I've seen this post for a couple days & the lack of response wills me to volunteer a little time & sweat for the cause, SOOOOO anyone else ? Or do I have to do the Goddamned thing myself !!!!??? :rant: lol j/k . Anyway I pick up trash & the other shit that stupid fucks leave behind when I go there anyway, so no biggie. But it would be nice to have a few SoCal "TW's" out there to represent besides myself if yer up to it & wanna help for a couple hours that'd be great, besides, its going to be supervised by the CDF & who knows what benefits will follow besides getting a new trail, if the rangers see that we honestly care & give a shit about our OHV areas & don't just show up to tear it up, I think it would go miles in affirming our love for the East county hills & our hobby, & all anyone could say about us is ... "Ya know? those Tacoma World members are alright , maybe some special perks for us down the road, & you just need to respond only if you plan to go, don't even bother responding with " I would but I can't, my moms calling me ,or any other excuse, if ya don't want to ,thats ok too... All I know is since I've been offroading here in SD (since the '70's) that we've lost at least 65% or better the land use we once had, most to development, some we deserved to loose due to careless fuckheads dumping trash (just go to Sloane canyon sometime)& other kinds of crap.....hope to see any of you there & have a good Friday night......:cool: :mudding:

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    What time are you going?

Edit: Nevermind I see they are meeting at 9 sharp.

I'd go if I could but I can't.

5. Jan 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    OK, so I was the lone TW member representing today, but its alllll goood !!! Worked my ASS off today laying out M/C track for the little ones today, alot of cutting brush & shit, this coming SATURDAY I'm going to trailer the ultimate crawler of our times to the site, my Yanmar diesel 4X4 tractor to really give it a grooming (3-point hitch w/scraper & rippers ) So I reiterate if any of you want to pitch in & help a little that'd be awesome, most the hard shit is done. Get this, there were 3 or 4 local 4x4 clubs there, about 70 or 80 rigs showed up FUCKING AAAAAWESOME AGAIN !!! I saw some very sweet & very high tech 4Wheelers today & met some truly awesome folks, Hell I'm member #435 as of today I joined SDORC ( San Diego OFF ROAD COALITION ) & what I love about these guys is that they don't give a shit about what kind of truck you Wheel , as long as you Wheel , they do take their off roading seriously ( It isn't all about extreme crawling or anything, they just love 4 wheeling as I do & just ask that you too are passionate about the sport we all love, sounds fair enough to me ) They have actual meetings the first Tues. of every month at the Ranch House restraunt in Lakeside right next to Hwy 67 & I'm looking forward to the next one (get to tip a few beers also, I'm down !!) There are 3 or 4 trail expansions going on right now. I met with the President ( some guy that goes by the name "Bull' & that aint no shit either, this dude is 6'9" & about 280 lbs A fucking giant of a man with a heart to match his size, also met with Scott the chapters vice president & the 2 head rangers for this distric (whom I had to get permission from to bring my tractor on site) & before I left I WENT BACK UP THAT FUCKED UP TRAIL THAT TRIED TO EAT OUR TRUCKS LAST TIME & ALMOST PUT MY tOY ON HER SIDE TWICE !! Between all the chewing up we did on that trail & the rain that fucker is almost unuseable even to modified rigs, I might well have been the last 4Wheeler this goat trail sees for awhile, its that changed, its that bad. On a lighter note: JEFF, I BROUGHT BACK THE SPARE TIRE WE USED FOR FILL ON THAT REVINE TO GET PEEJAY OUT, GET WITH ME IF YOU STILL WANT IT... & TONY, I FOUND THE TOW STRAP THAT WAS WHERE YOU WERE STUCK, LOOKS LIKE YOU SNAPPED IT IN HALF... GET WITH ME IF YOU WANT IT BRO'... I think I'm going to name that trail either PEEJAY POINT or PEEJAY PEAK.. Hey PeeJay, what ya think about those names Bro' ? I'm naming it in your honor, let me know ok ?.......:cool::mudding:

6. Jan 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    That is awesome. I wish I could make it out but I have a lot going on in the next few weeks. Meeting all the way in Lakeside would be hard too.

7. Jan 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    peejay

peejay Yep im that Peejay..

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Running a tricked out rzr xp 4
    Rollin a Hemi, and wheelin a sick xp4
    LOL sounds good doug. So the point tried to get again... I tell you what bro, that trail is an evil mofo...:mudding:

What time are you going up there on saturday...

Products Discussed in

To Top