1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

small rant

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by DuderAbides, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    DuderAbides

DuderAbides [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    So, i've been looking for a '10 TRD OR taco for a while now, and I thought I had finally found my truck, it was exactly what I wanted; I negotiated to a price that I thought was fair. So today WAS the day I was going to go sign the paperwork and get the truck. I took time off of work, drove all the way from camppen to vista, to carlsbad to pick up a pre approved loan check, allll the way to toyota of escondido, just to have the salesman say, oops we already sold your truck! I was fuckin heated! I asked how could they conduct business like that, its just plain rude to do that to me. They looked for another truck to realize that there are no more Mag Grey DC OR tacos on their lot. And all they could come up with was, well if you leave us 500dollars we'll get you one in two to three weeks. I told them how inconsiderate it was for them to not even check to make sure the truck was there for me to pick up when they knew we had an appointment. Def angry face! :mad:

/rant

2. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    This aggression will not stand, man.

3. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    That is life dude. Car dealers are selling whatever they can, whenever they can. Sucks for you tho.

4. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    ak47

ak47 v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    stock 2nd owner
    dude that shit happened to me a couple times when i was still shopping. pissed me off.
    i'd make them give you some kinda dicount or some free Toyota merchandise. lol

5. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Business is Business and they rather SELL The truck to a 100% for sure buyer than wait on you. They for sure got a better deal from the buyer of your TACO.

Sucks man and if you need it. Call my guy @ LONGO El Monte and ask for a FLEET MANAGER. You can E-mail them too direct. You'll get a better price:D

6. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Smokey is a pacifist!
    I did not know that, I once dabbled in pacifism myself, not during 'nam of course. :D

7. Jan 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Here's the great thing, the dealer and i agreed on the price, and had a deal, and an appointment for me to come pick it up, so i don't see how they're "waiting" on me ya know? I was money in the bank, a for sure buyer, and they pull this shit on me? They couldn't even call me? Ridiculous.

8. Jan 14, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I drove to Bakersfield to get mine.

IMO, they came down more on the price than the dealers in LA do.

9. Jan 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    They pee'd on your fucking rug dude!!

Their outta their element!!! :cool:

10. Jan 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    That sucks.

My brother in law did all but sign the papers on a progam (about 10k miles) Camry at a local dealership down here. He went w/ his wife to pick it up, and they'd sold it earlier that day. He was PISSED!

The dealer made it right, though. They sold him a brand new car for exactly the same deal he'd negotiated on the used one.

11. Jan 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    Thats good that they at least anned up and made right on their deal.
    I agree with the above statement that car businesses are all about making money. But, I believe that alot of car dealerships gain and lose customers by other peoples experience's and word of mouth. I've already had a couple people at work ask me how it went at Esco, and after I told them my situation, they told me that they can forget about ever shopping there.

I went back to toyota of carlsbad tonite and spoke with a fleet manager, told them my situation and story, and they offered to sell me what I want (in white) for 200 dollars under dealer invoice! Thats an excellent way to do business, not only have they earned my business, but I will surely recommend them to my friends. I'll be going to pick up my truck tomorrow afternoon :D

12. Jan 15, 2010 at 5:04 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Also... white Tacomas are nice. My buddy got a white one a few months after I bought my SSM truck. I didn't think I liked white trucks, but it grew on me fast.

Enjoy the new truck.

13. Jan 15, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I actually requested either white or silver when I bought mine. It may not be the sexiest color but mine looks cleaner a month after a wash than a dark color looks 2 hours after a wash.

14. Jan 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Dude , I've heard horror stories about Toyota of Esco. From their shitty sales staff , to their flawed service, some who have bought there have nothing but good, I've never had to deal with them but I worked with a couple guys that damned near had to file suit against them to get new vehicle maint. shit squared away...... One of them did however go to Toyota of El Cajon & has had nothing but good things to say & they frame checked my 2000 TRD for the rust thing with no complaints. (no issues)...:cool:

15. Jan 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Should have gone to Toyota of El Cajon . Toyota of escondido sucks. they gave us the run around as well. so we went with the other guys
    :D

16. Jan 16, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    DuderAbides

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR 4X4
    well gents, i bought my truck last night! 2010 trd or dc 4x4 in super white! Im very happy with the service they gave me. First off, was the fact that they sold me the vehicle for 200 dollars or so under dealer invoice. The dealer also found that he made a couple mistakes on the paper work, not only did he admit to them, but he changed them, giving the advantage to me, saving me another 75 dollars. When I got to financing (I financed through Toyota as they were able to match the 4.49% that Navy Fed got me), the finance manager realized that I was to get another hundred dollars on my military rebate, and was totally upfront and honest about it! Definitely enjoyed my exp. and felt very comfortable.

soooo, i also stared at it last night and started to think of mods haha! Mainly, sliders, armor, weathertechs, dvd nav headunit....good god, no matter what vehicle I buy I instantly want to mod it! :rolleyes:

PS-vehicle color combo....white, and goldenbronze i.e-the color of the offroad konigs...im pretty sure i'm going to paint the aftermarket bumpers armor, sliders, badges, and get OR stickers in gold/bronze...im excited :D

17. Jan 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Congrats!! :worthless:

18. Jan 16, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    tacolunatic

tacolunatic Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport / 99 PreRunner ExCab
    Congrats on the new truck. I love my 2010 TRD DC

Had a similar thing happen. Back in Sept./Oct. 09 at the time I was looking at used. Found one at a dealership in Arlington Tx. 2007 TRD Sport with 43K miles. I had been looking for awhile and this one was priced much less than what I had been looking at. Took a buddy of mine with me to take a 2nd look ( he is a mechanic ) Truck was in awesome shape. A couple days later I saw on the dealer website that the truck was lowered another $500.00 I called him up and he said that he could not give me the truck at this price with the " Theftguard" I emailed him back asking exactly what he meant and he would not reply. Later that day I emailed back telling him I was coming in after work. He e-mailed me back telling me they just took the truck to Auction. Long story short and a few more e-mails I did find they Autioned it off the next day.
    About a week later I found the same truck at a used dealership in east texas for 4K more than what the dealer in Arlington had it advertised for.

I ended up buying a new 2010 TRD DC Sport ( not from the Toyota dealership in Arlington) Won't ever go back to that dealer again.

Products Discussed in

To Top