Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

-Jake's San Diego Professional Detailing-

Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #21
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Just some marketing strategy and basic statistical modeling (the good ole bell curve distribution) for you to help you out.

I think you should create a middle tier of services. Typically consumers will choose a middle tier more often. People percieve the lowest tier as a bargain/cheap package and many people except for the bargain hunters will not choose to buy this. The top tier is generally preferred by the people who like to go all out and don't care about money so they will be the only consumersto purchase this. You need something for the average people.

Make sure that the services you provide in your middle tier of service have the highest profit margin (cheaper cost of materials, time involved, etc.) This is going to be your meat and potatoes. Your bottom tier should be a good bargain for people, with low margins, and using it to get your name out there and refer you to others that might be more inclined to use your services.

This is coming from my experience and also having a bachelor's degree in business

Advertise, advertise, advertise

Give out business cards and promotional items as much as possible. Get a small enclosed trailer for your gear and put some vinyls on it. Also advertise yourself to local businesses especially office parks..thats gonna be where you make your money, you will save on gas because you can park in a parking lot and do multiple cars.

Good luck to you dude. I love to see others with the entreprenueral spirit like I have!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
wow thanks for all that advice dude! definatley taken into concideration!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #23
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You better listen to that advice too!... It's freakin McGyver for gods sake!

Good luck with the Biz. I've actually been thinking about something like this. I'm a very detailed person so it would only make sense.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #24
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Just some marketing strategy and basic statistical modeling (the good ole bell curve distribution) for you to help you out.

I think you should create a middle tier of services. Typically consumers will choose a middle tier more often. People percieve the lowest tier as a bargain/cheap package and many people except for the bargain hunters will not choose to buy this. The top tier is generally preferred by the people who like to go all out and don't care about money so they will be the only consumersto purchase this. You need something for the average people.

Make sure that the services you provide in your middle tier of service have the highest profit margin (cheaper cost of materials, time involved, etc.) This is going to be your meat and potatoes. Your bottom tier should be a good bargain for people, with low margins, and using it to get your name out there and refer you to others that might be more inclined to use your services.

This is coming from my experience and also having a bachelor's degree in business

Give out business cards and promotional items as much as possible. Get a small enclosed trailer for your gear and put some vinyls on it. Also advertise yourself to local businesses especially office parks..thats gonna be where you make your money, you will save on gas because you can park in a parking lot and do multiple cars.

Good luck to you dude. I love to see others with the entreprenueral spirit like I have!
Great advice! We have 2 detail services that roam our office park, and have a ton of work.

I can use my awesome international finance degree to help you hide money overseas to avoid taxes
Old 01-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #25
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post

That is all damn good advice...and i would say +100000000 on the business cards....so many people used to ask me for business card to my a/v installation business when i didnt have any...i realized i needed to get them out asap!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #26
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #27
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
jeez i charge 20 bucks for a wash, all normal cars, trucks and suvs. by normal i mean stock. ur detail prices r cheap though. i charge 140, 160, 180, 200 for oversized
Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #28
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
jeez i charge 20 bucks for a wash, all normal cars, trucks and suvs. by normal i mean stock. ur detail prices r cheap though. i charge 140, 160, 180, 200 for oversized
please read first post... dont post about my prices please. thank you
Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #29
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda jerk View Post
please read first post... Dont post about my prices please. Thank you
dont take it the wrong way, im said ur detail prices were good. No disrespect, its always good to know what other detailers r charging.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #30
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, good idea man, I've always thought about doing this. When I clean my truck, it's an all day event. Good luck with it. If you ever need a business partner, let me know. Haha
Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #31
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the business!!! this doesnt help but i would hire ya to detail my folks cars cause im gonna be waxing my dads sequoia, moms x5 and my truck all tomorrow
Old 01-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #32
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Good luck with the business!!! this doesnt help but i would hire ya to detail my folks cars cause im gonna be waxing my dads sequoia, moms x5 and my truck all tomorrow
haha thanks dude!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #33
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
for Christs sake when you email me i do check my email regularly and you will get an email back so check your inbox form time to time... i have two people that have sent me emails about full details and no response from both of them
Old 01-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #34
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
for Christs sake when you email me i do check my email regularly and you will get an email back so check your inbox form time to time... i have two people that have sent me emails about full details and no response from both of them

Just kidding...
Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #37
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
That's sweet tri.

i thought that was his until i saw access cab and wrong wheels and no black on the fenders.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #40
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Good Luck Jake... If you need to do some advertising let me know. My friend does great vinyl work.

awesome dude!