Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

-Jake's San Diego Professional Detailing-

Old 02-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #61
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
ha u?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #62
Yes MAObama is a joke!
dktaco is a name known to alldktaco is a name known to alldktaco is a name known to alldktaco is a name known to alldktaco is a name known to alldktaco is a name known to all

Name: Josh
dktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck bro! But with some of these questions I have concerns. What DA or rotary are you using? You should really look into the Flex or Griot's Garage! The old PC's aren't powerful enough for most beginners and novice especially w/o proper tech. You can slow the pad down and your correction could take longer, which = less money. What types of polishes, clay, waxes, sealants, etc are you using? And where are the before and after 50/50 shots? You need pics to show people what you can do. The reason I say that is "Hack Job Hector" is charging the same amount and does NOT do quality work. You need a midrange (single stage paint correction) mixed in their. Most people will go for that. I have detailed many of cars before and only use boutique products from Autogeek.net or over the counter stuff like Stoner's or Meg's that can be found @ Wally's World for the cheapest around. Keep us post!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #63
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
ill co-sign, porter cable is what i use to detail cars. that one u have right now is the one from homedepot right?
I actually bought mine at Lowes about 6 years ago. I don't think they sell it there anymore. I bought a 3m flexible backing plate with hook & loop. I actually also use it as a sander for woodworking projects I do so it gets dual use.

This thing is actually quite powerful. I generally use speed #6 most of the time. The difference between 5 and 6 is pretty drastic.

Well worth the investment along with a good set of assorted cutting, polishing, and waxing pads.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #64
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
I have PC too and can vouch for it. I took out a lot of pinstriping I got from an offroading mishap...lol...lifesaver.

I'd say work on your presentation more for the bus and you'll see a lot more customers and can probably charge more. First impressions are EVERYTHING.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #66
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
I need my truck detailed I only have one arm!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #68
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
so THATS where singlefin comes from..!
im a poser...i usually ride my quad
Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #69
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
im a poser...i usually ride my quad
Same here a 5'6" G&S quad fish!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #70
never summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
Same here a 5'6" G&S quad fish!
yeah i ride a 5'10" gullwing...gonna have a fineline quadfish shaped for me so it will be ready when my shoulder is 100% or at least close enuf
Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #71
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
still doing this..??
I have a DIRTY truck...lol
Old 10-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #72
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
dude! i sent you a PM
Old 10-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #73
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
still doing this..??
I have a DIRTY truck...lol
yes if you need it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
dude! i sent you a PM
i know
i forgot to respond because i read it at work lol
Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #74
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Do you take out scratches?