Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Camp Pendleton Taco Owners

Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Camp Pendleton Taco Owners

I know there's a couple Leatherneck on this site. I was station on the base for 2 years and never got to do any mudding. But I remember it can get very muddy around the rainny season. I have buddies that takes thier 4x4 trucks to go hunting and I guess my question for any of you Worriors of the sea is...are there any place on base where it's ok to do some mudding without getting harrassed my range control?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Bro i grew up there, lived at san onofre for 18 yrs ( my dad retired in 99 as a mgysgt at soi) Theres alot of places to go, right there by the road going down to san o beach. Now not getting caught is a different thing. You can try case springs also...
Old 01-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay View Post
Bro i grew up there, lived at san onofre for 18 yrs ( my dad retired in 99 as a mgysgt at soi) Theres alot of places to go, right there by the road going down to san o beach. Now not getting caught is a different thing. You can try case springs also...

I've heard about case springs but it depends on if there's any units training up there. I heard Las Pulgas is good froma few folks also. Hmmmmm with all the trails left behind from the AAV, M1A1, MTVR and/or other military vehicle there have to be alot of good spots to tear up the earth.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
there was a ton of places on Lejeune and even New River...but the USMC is pretty good at ruining fun, so there were "NO POV" signs everywhere.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
"Kill BABIES"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
there was a ton of places on Lejeune and even New River...but the USMC is pretty good at ruining fun, so there were "NO POV" signs everywhere.

Yah i know right...and it's not usually the Marines, it's the freaking civilians that work on the bases that fucks it up for us hahahaha. Now I think you'll need a range pass to get around any training area (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
DuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st EOD Co.
Name: Tom
DuderAbides's Tacoma Gallery
I'm positive there's no where on Pendleton to legally offroad on. I'm currently stationed here,
And I've already asked around, I used to be an amtracker prior to my new job, there's lots of nice passes we used to take our AAV's down, but you'll def get your dick smacked if you get caught on a pass in the training areas. Let me know if anybody wants to go somehwhere to do some offroading, I'm new to the truck scene and need somebody to help the new guy out!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
"Kill BABIES"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuderAbides View Post
I'm positive there's no where on Pendleton to legally offroad on. I'm currently stationed here,
And I've already asked around, I used to be an amtracker prior to my new job, there's lots of nice passes we used to take our AAV's down, but you'll def get your dick smacked if you get caught on a pass in the training areas. Let me know if anybody wants to go somehwhere to do some offroading, I'm new to the truck scene and need somebody to help the new guy out!
Some of the guys are gonna be hitting coral canyon this Sunday. There's a thread on the forum...check it out.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
FretwellRT is on a distinguished road
Marines: PFC 1st battalion 7th marines (will be there in 2 weeks)
Name: Tyler
FretwellRT's Tacoma Gallery
pendleton is muddy

im here at pendleton. 52 area. its been raining here like crazy. place is muddy as fuck. and some areas its flooding. i want to take my truck back in the hills back here cuz they are really muddy. but i dont think the MPs would be to happy about that..
Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I am a mile or so south of the base, in Oceanside... Very wet, yes!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
What? A recruiter actually has time to off-road?? Shouldn't you be recruiting bodies for my Corps.??? Get me my 3 names and numbers! Run my pool function too OR HOW ABOUT WE START T/CING!

When I was in humvee school, we went off roading on this course right behind some barracks. I forgot the name of the area but any active duty motor T Jarhead should know... Also, I saw a Dodge Ram 1500 off-roading the same route when I was there. There were 4 Jarheads in the truck, windows all rolled down, cheering and screaming coming down the hill - lol.

I don't recall seeing any "no POV" signs along the route so....

Then again, you might get your dick handed to you real fast if 1stSGT or some officer sees you...

Best times I've had in humvee school was off-roading. That's what got me hooked into the off roading!! good times
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
There is lots of roads along Basilone from the airwing to SOI that are pretty good and really no live fire training happens right there so you should be fine. you cna tell if there is a live fire range near however you should get a map of the areas so that you know where the ranges are and which ones are live fire or not. the "training areas" are non fire and can be shared by multiple units.

A bad ass road is the one that parallels Pulgas. as you head from the wing up basilone and reach pulgas there is a dirt road to the left. it parallels pulgas all the way out to the split to san mateo and the I-5.

LAVs/Tanks/and AAVs go through there and let me say you SHOULD have someone with you after this weather becasue there is one spot where i ripped the spare tire mount off the side of my LAV trying to get up out of a hole and slammed into the wall! had to winch 3 vehicles out of it. at some points we were floating through some of the mud holes that is what we call Splash Mountain (although its just a road at the base of a ridge line). remeber that every thing to the south is an impact area so stay on the road.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
"Kill BABIES"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretwellRT View Post
im here at pendleton. 52 area. its been raining here like crazy. place is muddy as fuck. and some areas its flooding. i want to take my truck back in the hills back here cuz they are really muddy. but i dont think the MPs would be to happy about that..
I was just at the 52 area SOI 'cause I had to drop a boot off to MCT. It was hella muddy there but with all the boots running around I don't thow that gonna fly esp if some SgtMaj catches you ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
What? A recruiter actually has time to off-road?? Shouldn't you be recruiting bodies for my Corps.??? Get me my 3 names and numbers! Run my pool function too OR HOW ABOUT WE START T/CING!

When I was in humvee school, we went off roading on this course right behind some barracks. I forgot the name of the area but any active duty motor T Jarhead should know... Also, I saw a Dodge Ram 1500 off-roading the same route when I was there. There were 4 Jarheads in the truck, windows all rolled down, cheering and screaming coming down the hill - lol.

I don't recall seeing any "no POV" signs along the route so....

Then again, you might get your dick handed to you real fast if 1stSGT or some officer sees you...

Best times I've had in humvee school was off-roading. That's what got me hooked into the off roading!! good times
Damm how you know I'm a recruiter lol Fuck TCing lol j/k

I know Camp Deluz gets pretty muddy too. Wouldn't you need to get some kind of range passes to drive into the training areas?
We should get together and just do a little recon of the area...and if we get a little muddy then oh well....it's just good training

If we get caught we can always pull the.................."This recruit didn't know sir!" shit
Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #13
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
I was just at the 52 area SOI 'cause I had to drop a boot off to MCT. It was hella muddy there but with all the boots running around I don't thow that gonna fly esp if some SgtMaj catches you ass.

I know Camp Deluz gets pretty muddy too. Wouldn't you need to get some kind of range passes to drive into the training areas?
We should get together and just do a little recon of the area...and if we get a little muddy then oh well....it's just good training

If we get caught we can always pull the.................."This recruit didn't know sir!" shit
Or we can just say the SGT authorized us to do it so that way, you can the ass chewing, not the LCPL. lol.

Echo 5 Mike, this is Echo 3 Yankee. Standing by for BAMCIS ops, over.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
"Kill BABIES"

Whatcha think if we get a few leathernecks together and cruz around the base?

YayAreaTaco0311...you a crunchie? what unit dude?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #15
still here at 52 area. its been raining non stop since the begining of the week. i want to go offroading so bad
Old 01-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post

Pvt. dont know sgt!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
you can only get a training area pass if your are with the unit training and have to bring a POV out or something. usually there is only a couple allottedper unit and your vehicle has to meet certain reqs based on RTAMS guidance.

YOu basically have to just go messing arund an hope to not get caught. even if you did run into a traning unit just drive off. hopefully your license plate is covered with mud
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #18
DuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shed
One of the other Techs on my team and I started thinkin about takin his rubicon and my taco out to find some places to wheel, but after we thought about it for a second, we def decided against it...then we thought we could use our EOD range to wheel on, but no, thats pretty damn close to LongRifle...so then we thought, fuck it, we'll just take the humvee's we have for the MEU, and go fuck those up, and if anyone asks...."oh we're just doin a route clearance and field recon for an upcoming field op!"
Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
"Kill BABIES"

Tom...You know a dude name Tomlin?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
Yah, I had just got to the unit, I think he's getting out isn't he? Drove a black or grey TRD/OR right?