Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Might be moving to Southern California!

Old 01-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Might be moving to Southern California!

Whats up!

Just thought i would post and let everyone know i might be making the move this summer to live in san diego. I'm pretty stoked about it because i have wanted to be down there for the past 3 years. I had in mind northern county (carlsbad, oceanside, encinitas) but i would love to hear from everyone as to what places are ones to stay away from and what places are really nice. Also my gf will be heading down there with me so i would like to know where some good night life spots might be for a younger couple? Bars, clubs, etc. Thanks and look forward to meeting a bunch of you!

Jason
Old 01-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
those are all pretty nice places man anywhere in the san diego area is sweet
Old 01-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanna experience the nightlife there are really 2 areas you wanna live within a 10 mile radius of....Pacific Beach.......or Downtown.

Pacific Beach is for the 25 and under crowd, and Downtown is for the 25 and up. I would just look at the map and live anywhere south of the highway 52, West of the 15, and north of the 94.

Cheers, its all going to depend on what you are willing to pay for rent.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
If you wanna experience the nightlife there are really 2 areas you wanna live within a 10 mile radius of....Pacific Beach.......or Downtown.

Pacific Beach is for the 25 and under crowd, and Downtown is for the 25 and up. I would just look at the map and live anywhere south of the highway 52, West of the 15, and north of the 94.

Cheers, its all going to depend on what you are willing to pay for rent.
PB is for all legal drinking ages not just the 25 and under. Downtown or the Gas Lamp have clubs but kinda expensive IMO. PB or Mission Beach is more laid back and chill. There's plenty of good bars/pubs in North County also. I would have to agree with the other guy....there's so much to do and see in San Diego.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
PB is for all legal drinking ages not just the 25 and under. Downtown or the Gas Lamp have clubs but kinda expensive IMO. PB or Mission Beach is more laid back and chill. There's plenty of good bars/pubs in North County also. I would have to agree with the other guy....there's so much to do and see in San Diego.
Well one could only hope that you would start feeling too old for PB after 25. I haven't been there for close to a year. Downtown can be expensive...........you just have to know people.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
if you like walking to surf then live a few blocks from the beach, otherwise get more for your money a little further inland.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
STEVON is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVO
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
San Diego Move

San Diego is a huge area. There are Latin areas like Chula Vista, El Cajon incredibly wealthy like Coronado Island, La Jolla and Del Mar. To find an affordable beach dwelling you will have to be 20 miles+ north of down town. There are a few beach apartments in Pacific and Mission Beach which are OK if you like the a noisy party atmosphere and no parking. Generally speaking the further east inland prices are more affordable but the temperature varies almost a degree per mile from the ocean to inland. So at the coast it could be 80 degrees and 20 miles east 100 degrees at the same time! Gas Lamp area downtown is a blast with lots of clubs, bars and restaurants. The most important thing to bring with you for survival out here is your own money and a job. There are 12K plus students graduating every year looking to stay flooding the job market. Also many military people leaving the service. Unfortunately there are only 4k jobs at most available and lately less. Corporations take advantage of this with low pay temp jobs that never provide benefits. They also hire interns for free as part of their grades. The saying goes "Hey its the sun tax" If you manage to get or have a government Security Clearance you will do OK. Lots of government contracts and some government jobs if you have one. Hope this has been helpful, been here 8 years now and doing pretty well once I got my Clearance started.
Stephen
Old 01-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
I would agree that north of the 8 is a good place to start out. If you look in east county I would pretty much stick to La Mesa area. El Cajon/Spring Valley can get kinda shitty in areas. There are good bar/club areas everywhere. As mentioned above there is PB/OB area which is pretty much the younger of the areas. Downtown like said above is usually an older crowd as its generally more expensive. You can actually find local bars that are pretty good hangouts(JTs in Mission Valley). There are actually some good ones in the La Jolla/ Carmel Valley Area.