Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Rowher Flats

Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Cruise32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jared
Cruise32's Tacoma Gallery
Rowher Flats

Has anyone had the chance to go to Rowher Flats this week? If so, how 2wd friendly would it be with all the rain we have been getting?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I was there last weekend before the rain. But, I the main trail (Sierra Pelona) is always fine for 2wd. Its not very steep.

I tried Rowher Trail and Lookout trail last weekend and they are both definitely 4x4 only.

I will probably be out there this Saturday.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pictures from today 1/22/10. Most of the pictures are from the main trail (Texas Cyn to Sierra Pelona)

At about the 3200 ft. level the rain turned to snow!

At the top the snow was about 4 to 6 inches thick. I made a stupid decision and tried to go down "Rowher 4x4" trail to Bouquet Cyn. As you will see below, it did not work out well.

So, I went down this hill not knowing that it was a dead end. There was no where to turn around. I had to back up the hill.

I spent about 30 mins trying to back up the hill. With 4wd low, locker engaged I could not make it up in reverse. I finally made it after lowering the tire pressure to 15 psi. Here is a picture after I made it up to the top.

In the end everything worked out & it was a great experience. I will probably be back tomorrow. (I live just down the street)
Old 01-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #5

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, Santa Clarita, off the 14 Fwy.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #7

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
ya u can. i have been there with people with 2wd lsd & they were fine. the 4x4 trails are clearly marked with black diamond signs.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #9

A couple of friends and I went today and had a blast. Here are a couple of photos that were taken. 1-23-10

Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #11

My friend and I are 4x4. I was just asking about 2wd because some of my other friends wanted to come
Old 01-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise32 View Post
My friend and I are 4x4. I was just asking about 2wd because some of my other friends wanted to come
ahhh I want to make a trip there soon. Im only an hour or so away. But I only have a rear locker.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #13

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Go tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
The snow pics are great
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #16
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
anybody wanna do some wheeling tomorrow at rowher? 1/30/10
Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 AM   #17

DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pictures from a week ago. This is the "Look Out Trail". Its a 4x4 only trail. A stock 4x4 tacoma probably could make it up with a locker. Its very steep in some parts, but you don't need a whole lot if ground clearance or sliders. Stock tires may not work well.

Locked and loaded.

Very steep and slick here.