Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Unemployed San Diegans Rollcall

Old 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #121
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpoSpy View Post
Sorry to hear that. Check out autoanything.com they're hiring too. Located in KM.
When did you change your username? lol
I saw you on the 15N going under the bigass bridge up near Fallbrook a few weeks back.

Less than two hours after I was laid off I was offered a job, and I took it.
It's more of an internship with small bonuses though.

It helps to know people is high places! haha
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #122
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was you on the 15 but I wasn't sure. I changed it a couple months back...because of an crazy ex who was stalking me.

I've got a job but it's part time so I'm still on the lookout for a f/t gig.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #123
STEVON is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVO
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Ryan,

It's always good to have the bills paid.
GDIT laid me off in August 2 weeks before the closing on a duplex I'm trying to buy. My financing fell away after they found out I was not working. Stood to lose $8000.00 in escrow, loan application, HUD inspector fees, architect fees, asbestos lab testing fees, on and on. The good news is that I got another short term contract at $40/Hr working for SPAWAR and it's only 4 miles from my house! Bad news was that the FHA loan needed proof of 30 days income which is 2 days past 4 weeks paychecks to re-qualify me for a loan plus two weeks to get the loan underwritten and ready to close. The seller's realestate broker was a real ass and demanded that I cancel the sale and forfeit my deposit. Basically told him to go to hell and that we still had a contract. He then did a 180 and offered to close on November 9th! Poker game for sure! I'm doing my best to make it past the 5 week qualifying time, contract is set for 3 months, but of course there is no garauntee. Sweating this one out! Wish me luck, duplex is part of my residual income scheme to retire someday, taint no pensions in my future..

Stephen
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #124
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So you're trying to rent out the duplex then?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #125
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Ryan,

Well eventually I will go to the "dark side" and have my tennants help pay for the house. But I'm not there yet! I still have to prove I've worked for 5 weeks minimum full time to qualify for a new loan to fund and close the duplex on Nov 9th. Two weeks of pay are past me so it looks good so far. There also is the 4 months of contruction work to be completed before I get my certificate of occupancy. The work is only one month's worth but the HUD inspector and the city have to sign off every step of the process that is broken into 5 parts. This delays payment up to a month or so and the contractor gets aggravated, it generally slows down the construction. Contractor is stuck financing all the costs for materials and labor out of pocket until it is all approved and HUD inspector tells the bank to cut him each check. No wonder his estimate doubled when he heard the horrible words "you will be paid with FHA 203K payment" Wish me luck!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #126
Mob parking lots.

Stupid red tape for a fucking house.

Good luck man.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #127
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Ryan,

Yeah, red tape sucks but with federal government guidelines for their 401K funding it was recomended that I hire a realestate lawer to make sure the paperwork wasn't screwed up! Have seven people involved with this house purchase and they all want dated signed paperwork! I'm at their mercy because I don't have the cash to make this happen up front. Mostly it's Bureaucrats justifying their jobs by generating red tape and running up fees. The customer (me) is of no concern, I'm just stuck with the bill for all of these clowns. The carrot and string deal, I need money, they have it, how high can I jump? Beleive me If there was any other way I would take it but there isn't for me, on my own 100%. With sparatic work and little savings they got me!

Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Stupid red tape for a fucking house.

Good luck man.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #128
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Whelp I finally got a full time job! I will be a Union finish carpenter and I start on Monday.

If any of you guys know where I can get tools for a bargain please let me know.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #129
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Was working now not

Just recently closed the duplex property, man buying a house is outrageously expensive with the hidden fees and costs they never tell you about. Had to pay one years mortgage insurance ($3,000) up front on top of closing fees 7 hours before closing!
Just got cut back/quit from a Navy contract. They asked me to take 2 weeks without pay. The job was a real grinder. there was sparatic work so we had to develop programs and train for certifications, also asked to come up with Ideas we could bill the customer for. Then we were pitted against each other with statments like "you two fight it out, winner stays" Out of the 66 jobs Ive had so far this was by far the most bizzare. The stress and threats were hard to take, they wore me out, I'm shot, the movie Reservoir Dogs comes to mind. I was repremanded and told " I'm disappointed in your performance, you are not working as hard as the other guys. Take a week off starting today" Then the following week I was told it would be good for the project budget if I took another unpaid week off. Told my agency to get me off this crazy ride of a job. The pay was great, but there are limits, I'm 52 years old! Seems today management plays with their employees like monkies just for fun because jobs are so scarce. Have an interview on monday with another agency, onto the next contract!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #130
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm never heard of paying one year of mortgage insurance up front . But our loan was FHA.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #131
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Retired from the Marine Corp November 29th and now not working more time to fish, hunt, and maybe kick it with some of y'all
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #132
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
It was home owner's Insurance with the Bank of America listed as the beneficiary required for the loan approval
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Hmmm never heard of paying one year of mortgage insurance up front . But our loan was FHA.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #133
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Unemployed again

Hello everybody!

I'm on the bench again, seems to be a normal part of IT these days. I got a temp job last October for the county of San Diego doing deskside support! They let me go in July because they sold the contract to another company who said I was "overqualified" and let me go even though I did the job perfectly for 9 months! Just as well, I need a vacation then a more challenging job that will sponsor my clearance. Anybody have any work out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Retired from the Marine Corp November 29th and now not working more time to fish, hunt, and maybe kick it with some of y'all
Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #134
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVON View Post
Hello everybody!

I'm on the bench again, seems to be a normal part of IT these days. I got a temp job last October for the county of San Diego doing deskside support! They let me go in July because they sold the contract to another company who said I was "overqualified" and let me go even though I did the job perfectly for 9 months! Just as well, I need a vacation then a more challenging job that will sponsor my clearance. Anybody have any work out there?
Really? My LinkedIn is *blowing up* with emails from recruiters. I get at least 3 a day. What kind of IT and what is your skill level?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #135
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Unemployed again

pruchai,

I have active TS clearance but only an associate IEEE degree. Have 15 years experience from Wall Street to California. I am light in certificates but very versatile non the less. Studied Cisco CCNA and migrated NASNI Navy domains from NT4 to Windows 2000 AD from 2008 to 2009. Worked for GDIT as a Network Admin at NAB in Coronado from 2011 to 2012 and as a Network Security Engineer In Point Loma sub base in 2012 as well. I do get calls every day but it never seems to match up exactly, will have to give it some time. Mean while I'm updating my certifications and fixing my truck:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ter-panel.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruchai View Post
Really? My LinkedIn is *blowing up* with emails from recruiters. I get at least 3 a day. What kind of IT and what is your skill level?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Res Steve 12-3-2013.txt (14.4 KB, 13 views)