Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Unemployed San Diegans Rollcall

Old 02-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Unemployed San Diegans Rollcall

Anybody else?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
How about this.....I have a job but I'm always broke
Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
How about this.....I have a job but I'm always broke
x2. Twins dwindle the paycheck. No more mods for awhile
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm on straight unemployment. I figured it out be around $7.88/hour, based on a 40 hour work week.

I can't wait for my Post 911/GI Bill to start!

I will say this, not driving everyday, has really cut down on the gas bills, so making ends meet really isn't that hard lol
Old 02-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dam! what is that like 60% of your wages. I hope we dont get put on full unemployment. Its got to hurt bro. Shit, im raising 4 kids, paying a mortgage and trying to make ends meet like this is hard. Lucky the little lady has a good job and makes enough to keep us going.

What is it that you do for a living Ryan? besides having been in the military?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Mob parking lots.

Motorcycle parts, I sold them for 2 years, was a parts manager for the last year. Before selling parts, I used to assemble the bike from the crate when delivered from the factory, and make them run for the first time for the new owner, also know as Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

Was an electronics tech (ET) on a submarine for 4 years, spent a year in ET school in Groton, CT for a year prior to joining the fleet.

I've also cut meat at Von's, in the deli and in the butcher shop.

I went to massage therapy school for a while, but there are just too many people I don't want to touch.

Sometimes I work under the table in Point Loma on a privately owned sport fisher, doing upkeep on an older Bertram, similar to this one...http://www.bertram.com/brochure.aspx?modelid=143706

Now, I go to Univ of Phoenix for 4 hours one day a week, and that qualified me for 100% VA benefits for the next 2 years! Getting by BS in business admin.

So, if anybody wants me, that's what I can do.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Mob parking lots.

Thanks bro.

So nobody else is traditionally unemployed? lol
Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery

I'm not unemployed but I cant seem to get out of starbucks and this shitt doesn't even pay enough for me to move out!! Im 21 still living at home!!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.

That sucks lol I left when I was 18 and never looked back lol

I hated that all my neighbors had their 30 year old kids living with them.

Which Starbucks? Love that place.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
That sucks lol I left when I was 18 and never looked back lol

I hated that all my neighbors had their 30 year old kids living with them.

Which Starbucks? Love that place.

the one on Palm & Saturn in IB
Old 02-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
You know this thread is a great idea. Maybe we could have a unemployed section where people only post the fact that they are looking and what skills they hold. then TW will just be one more network out there working for them.

This thread will quickly become conversation i am sure and hard to look through if you thought you could help someone.

Maybe a unemployed thread and one for job openings too. not sure if this is a good idea or not but i think it would be really helpful to people. maybe a sticky in the job openings area

Awesome thread Ryanjboutin!! rep comin at ya.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #14
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
You know this thread is a great idea. Maybe we could have a unemployed section where people only post the fact that they are looking and what skills they hold. then TW will just be one more network out there working for them.

This thread will quickly become conversation i am sure and hard to look through if you thought you could help someone.

Maybe a unemployed thread and one for job openings too. not sure if this is a good idea or not but i think it would be really helpful to people. maybe a sticky in the job openings area

Awesome thread Ryanjboutin!! rep comin at ya.
As long as the thread is entitled "Soon to be Gainfully Employed!" not "the unemployed thread"
Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #15
bigsur is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
bigsur's Tacoma Gallery
Southern California is a really expensive place to live. You guys (young guys especially) ever consider moving to a region where you can get a much higher standard of living for a fraction of the cost?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #16
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
Southern California is a really expensive place to live. You guys (young guys especially) ever consider moving to a region where you can get a much higher standard of living for a fraction of the cost?
Like Big Sur? Nice area! What do you do for work up there?

It's funny you say that... From time-to-time I think about how nice it would be to retire from CA. Make the moo-la here and take it someplace else when I retire.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #17
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
i live in slo an i think where i live is the highest cost of living
Old 02-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
socaltaco

I looked into arizona texas and new mexico because I was going through the hiring process for border patrol; and arizona is without a doubt the best value for your buck I thought.... but being born and raised in SD Im spoiled and I dont wanna leave cali if I dont have to!! Love the SD weather
Old 02-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #19
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt mind being unemployed if it meant I could live in san diego I'd even work at starbucks if I had too
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #20
Mob parking lots.

Starbucks is closing some locations.

I can't even flip a burger here. Lamesauce.