1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to get in the loop

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by 05offroad, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Feb 20, 2010 at 1:55 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    No worries mate , successful offroading isn't all about gas pedal (unless the situation warrants it) its about looking ahead,assessing the options of approach (also assessing whether it should even be attempted) & finding the smoothest,quickest line thru the obstacle or hazard that you're contemplating & most importantly, HAVING FUN DOING IT !!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

2. Feb 20, 2010 at 2:02 AM
    05offroad

05offroad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    '05 Long Travel Prerunner
    I've lost track
    Seems like tons of fun to me haha. i like just driving my truck period getting to go on trails and obstacles is going to be a blast. me and my freind went on this road in my truck last night down to el cap from puetz valley and i was really suprised where my truck made it when i wasnt sure how it would do ha. thought we were going to make it all the way except there had to be a damn gate :mad:. but still lots of fun. have you ever heard of people going from anderson truck trail to puetz valley? this guy at my work said it can be done in a prerunner with a locking diff but im not going alone ha. google earthed it earlier looks cool

3. Feb 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Hey Mike, I used to work at El Cap about 30 years ago.( Puetz valley was all dirt then) Tell your buddy to show us where & we'll give it a shot & PLEASE SHOW ME this trail to the lake, I'm going to be in Alpine in an hour or so & I'm going to stop by Pizza Hut & talk at ya a bit, hopefully you'll be there.......:cool:

4. Feb 20, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

I just now followed your link to the run you guys made, you guys were in Pine Valley, the trails I'm reffering to are at Corral Canyon , you can't even compare the two, Pine Valley is a challenge at times, a great place to get your feet wet if new to offroading, Corral Canyon can be a truck eater, go to youtube & type corral canyon OHV in the search area & start watching some videos from the trails they have there i.e.; Bronco peak, Sidewinder,Bronco flats, after watching any of these you'll see the difference Bro'...........:D:cool:

5. Feb 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    Well the road to anderson is off peutz valley and ive never tried that one. i could show it to you though but im not at pizza hut till four thirty. the road to el cap was cool but it had a gate...so we had to stop. on google earth it showed a way around it though. pretty much it goes from the end of the boat launch parking lot at el cap up to peutz valley. coming up from the lake there is a road just to the right of the gate that might work. didnt try it though it was at night and didnt even see it.

6. Feb 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    ExpoSpy

ExpoSpy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    Welcome to TW and great choice on the color!:headbang:

7. Feb 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    peejay

peejay Yep im that Peejay..

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Running a tricked out rzr xp 4
    Rollin a Hemi, and wheelin a sick xp4

Doug whats up man.. im back from tahoe.. whens the next trip? I'm out a truckhaven for TDS March 5,6,7

8. Feb 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Cmon on now Doug.. tell the truth.. PV is a nail biter.......:brianr::headbang:

9. Feb 21, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    Thanks. Now just gotta get out with you guys and have some fun on the trails. and i like the indigo ink pearl...something different but not TO different ha.

Oh and hey doug, my manager called today and said you stopped by looking for me. Would of went over there if i had woken up sooner and read that you were coming up ha. did you go check out some trails though?? i looked at it again today and it seems like theres a bunch of ways to get up from puetz valley to anderson. but that road around the gate on the trail to el cap looks pretty gnarly ha.

10. Feb 21, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Welcome back PeeJay !! I was beginning to think you were AWOL Bro', alot has changed in CC dude especially TDS I crossed 6 or 7 running creeks & that last climb out of TDS was 2/3 water & mud all the way up !!:D , When ya wanna go check it out ? Are ya coming to Santee lakes this coming weekend ? C'mon out & tip a few with me ...........:D:cool:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Besides, you haven't seen your memorial site yet ( don't worry,your not dead yet !! lol)

11. Feb 21, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Hey Mike, yeah I came by but you didn't start work til 4:30 PM according to your boss, no worries dude.......:D:D:cool:

12. Feb 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Doug, im still around bro... Yeah i heard that CC was getting beat up.. Im thinking we might need to let that place recover for a minute.. Let the water finish draining. with all the water erosion, the TDS trail is going to be pretty good once it dries, mother nature is creating some new lines for us. We need to find another trail in san diego to hit also...

13. Feb 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Shit dude we've had enough rain , those creeks are probably gonna flow the rest of the year man & yes I've already found a couple of new trails for us, but I need another 4x guy to come with me to check them out first before posting a run because this will definintely be 4x only , no Pre Runners (sorry guys) & I wanna take Matt (RecklessTaco) with me , he's a good co-pilot & spotter, soooo are ya up to it Bro'?

14. Feb 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    Hit me up and I will go check 'em out with you. Was up at Table Mountain yesterday screwing around on the trail and down in the wash's.

15. Feb 21, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

When are u going,,, Lets drag mario out there in the beast....If were going exploring, we need someone with a winch this time....

16. Feb 21, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    05offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    I've lost track
    Damn i wish i had four wheel drive. My next tacoma(in about ten years) is going to have it for sure i dont care how much insurance costs haha.

17. Feb 22, 2010 at 4:01 AM
    Re8elmonk0341

Re8elmonk0341 "Kill BABIES"

Member:
    First Name:
    m0nk
    Skiatook, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '17 Silver Tacoma SR 4x4
    What the freak!!! All this chit chat about trails, CC, and mud. I'm itching to go. I'll be off until march 1st on my baby leave, anyone wanna hit up anything before the Santee meet? Of course give me a day or two notice to I can. Eg the wife to go out and play.

Matt how's the new CB coming along? Did you install it yet?

Doug, how the F are ya buddy!? Where is there a god spot to play some Texas hold'em around here. I've been itching to get back into the game.

Mike...pizza huh!? Pizza Hut is the bees knees man way gnarlier the that Domino's joint as far as taste. Maybe after a long fun day of tearing it up Md kicking up some mud we can go and grab a few slices and some wings :D

I have a birthday coming in March (turning 30 years YOUNG) anyone down for some camping/off roading!?

18. Feb 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Dude! Whats up bro? No i have not yet installed it, been a little busy but you can help out if you like? As far as going camping and Off Roading i am totally down for that. OH yeah and by the way my b-day is in march too bro. What dya is yours? Are you thinkn about camping in ocotillo Wells?

Lets plan this shit bro!!!!:D

19. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    Re8elmonk0341

Re8elmonk0341 "Kill BABIES"

Member:
    First Name:
    m0nk
    Skiatook, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '17 Silver Tacoma SR 4x4

My birth will be on the 15th dude...I'm down to camp anywhere they'll let us camp. Ocotillo would be gnarly man. But I would have to sell it to my wife to let me with the new baby and all. But yah we should plan something like that, it'' be way badass.

20. Feb 22, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)

Thats so fuuny, my girls b-day is on the 15th as well and mine is the 26th.
    Yes we will have to talk about it at the lakes this weekend! :D:D:D

Products Discussed in

To Top