Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Baja 250 march 12 - 14 whos going?

Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Baja 250 march 12 - 14 whos going?

I am, days are requested and new tires have been purchased. Time to watch trophys and party at rockadile
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
San felipe 250

Should be great... may not make this one, but we were there in 2005: http://vivabaja.com/205 Here's a racing Tacoma from that year!:

Here's the 2010 course map from SCORE:

Old 02-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
my gfs brother has a friend whos with 905 racing, pfft, that shits bad ass 2nd gen tacoma fox all around
Old 02-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Marioso, That picture for some reason looks like it's out in otay by the end of the 905.. Sick pic.

I'll be spectating this baja race as always. Me & a couple of buddies go to the 250, 500 & 1k every year. We're going to this one also. Renting a house in the outskirts of San felipe. Watching some trophy & class 1's, takin my quad for the sand dunes, drinking with friends, partying in San felo... What else do you want? haha

I just installed new tires about 2 weeks ago and installing my lift next weekend.. My Rocco Taco should be ready for San Felipe!! Woot Woot!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be down there too!! I go every year and although we are not racing this year it should be fun to go and be a spectator. I think we are gonna head to "zoo road" if you don't know where that is you should def. Check it out its miles of straight whoops and jumps heading out of town just about 20min out of san felipe!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zoo road by far best spot right at rm 10 there's a nice jump that crosses the dirt road then leads into the woop section
Old 02-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619tacoma View Post
marioso, that picture for some reason looks like it's out in otay by the end of the 905.. Sick pic.

I'll be spectating this baja race as always. Me & a couple of buddies go to the 250, 500 & 1k every year. We're going to this one also. Renting a house in the outskirts of san felipe. Watching some trophy & class 1's, takin my quad for the sand dunes, drinking with friends, partying in san felo... What else do you want? Haha

i just installed new tires about 2 weeks ago and installing my lift next weekend.. My rocco taco should be ready for san felipe!! Woot woot!
yeah man i was going to san felo like every month, knocked it down. My dad has business out there so he goes 2 times a week from rosarito. I had some bald tires and got tired of seeing fuckers coming to san felo with the same colored taco but with nice tires ha
Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanny View Post
zoo road by far best spot right at rm 10 there's a nice jump that crosses the dirt road then leads into the woop section
idk em by names but if its where the powerline towers are thats a good spot. The huge power lines that people climb
Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619tacoma View Post
marioso, that picture for some reason looks like it's out in otay by the end of the 905.. Sick pic.

I'll be spectating this baja race as always. Me & a couple of buddies go to the 250, 500 & 1k every year. We're going to this one also. Renting a house in the outskirts of san felipe. Watching some trophy & class 1's, takin my quad for the sand dunes, drinking with friends, partying in san felo... What else do you want? Haha

i just installed new tires about 2 weeks ago and installing my lift next weekend.. My rocco taco should be ready for san felipe!! Woot woot!
thanks, they should put the picture on the topp of this page ha, its actually in rosarito, where i make my mess and one night 2 cops were chasing me through town, took it off road and got away, they got the f150s that barely run, anyways, escaped i was hammered and drove into a barbwire fence. Nice huh if u ever see my truck my bumper has deep as scratches
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
One of the speciality shops here in Auburn called Project Zero Racing is going. They will be racing a 2000 Honda 650VF dirtbike. I saw it yesterday in action... Its a beast!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
socaltaco

Yes marioso! There's and access road that goes through it and that's called zoo road... I will most likely go thrursday morning and go camp out after contingency there. I usually go with my uncles and some friends but if anyone else wants to go and meet up I should be installing my cb this week so maybe we can plan on using setting a tacoma world frequency or if anyone wants to drive down together for safety just let me know and ill see what time we are planning on heading out
Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks heading solo fri night at 9, arrival should be 1am
Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #13
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You know what?? I don't really like zoo road too much. There's always too many people that cause a bottleneck and the trucks don't go as fast as they could thru that jump.. We normally like to find another spot depending on how we're feeling. Sometimes we find spots where it's technical or sometimes where they're flying by. I still don't know exactly where we're going to watch it but it won't be too far from san felipe. Should be fun!

I'll have my CB down there so let me know. We're heading down to San felipe on Friday @ 2pm.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #14
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The sulfur mine is good, not crowded, lots of jumps at speed.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
Baja bound

I've heard of the sulfur mines but never been there. I'll have to bring it up as a possible location to watch the race.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #16

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
I've heard of the sulfur mines but never been there. I'll have to bring it up as a possible location to watch the race.
yah, that's on the race course.. the old Puertecitos road.. lot's of sulfur to play with (it burns when lit)... Best way to check to check it out is to go to Km. 31 on Hwy. 5... and see the dirt road heading westward... it is just a short ways north of the Nuevo Mazatlan campground road/ about 1/2 mile south of the Bahia Santa Maria road.

The Sulfur Mine is just over 4 miles west... and is all over that valley.

We took my new Tacoma there last month (New Years)...

Panorama from north to south, looking east from a hilltop in the sulfur mine valley (the race course is in the valley):

Here's a zoom in on Bahia Santa Maria from that hilltop:

More mine shots from up there:

This is us... arm length shot!

Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #17

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The beach at Bahia Santa Maria where I first tried out the new 4WD with TRAC!

No air out of tires (as necessary with my other trucks)!

Kite boarders love it there!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Baja bound

Nice pictures David!

Seeing those pictures makes me want to be down in Baja already. Under 3 weeks to go!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed so I can bask in the stories and pictures from the snowy hell of NJ.

My truck needs to get back to the desert!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #20

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Baja California (and the wide open desert) is great! However, the economy and wet weather has really taken the joy out of life when we are getting so poor that the frequent camping trips are few and far between! I hope you guys in New Jersey at least are working! We may have warmth and sunshine between these rain storms, but empty pockets are no fun!