Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

TRD supercharger install in sd

Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
TacoMikey is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
TacoMikey's Tacoma Gallery
TRD supercharger install in sd

anyone know of a place to get an SC installed rather than the dealership? I do like the fact that you get the warranty with the sc install at the dealership but 1k for an install is kind of ridiculous. Also do you know if the SDTruck shop offers the same warranty as the toyota dealerships do?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
if you have a metric tool set, and a 21mm socket you can do it your self. I did with the most extreme thing i did before was installing a Cold air intake
Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I know that The Truck Shop does warranty work, but I am not sure if they offer the warranty on the install. I'm assuming they would since they would be installing it, but the best way to find out is to call.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
if you have a metric tool set, and a 21mm socket you can do it your self. I did with the most extreme thing i did before was installing a Cold air intake
how long did the install take you? couple days? couple hours?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger is actually really easy to install. You can get it done in a day easily. But you might as well get it done somewhere to not void the warranty.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
THE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TECHNICIAN is a jewel in the rough
THE TECHNICIAN's Tacoma Gallery
What about the reflash?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECHNICIAN View Post
What about the reflash?
i might hold off on that and get the map 2 ECU.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
do things have to be calibrated and changed in order to deal with a turbo? whats the process?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo is more in depth, you would need to get a turbo manifold made, tap the oil pan for a oil return, most likely bigger injectors and deff need tuning, along with all the other stuff.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMikey View Post
how long did the install take you? couple days? couple hours?
2 days 10am to 9pm the first and like 1pm to 7pm the 2nd day and on day 3 i got the re flash
Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
2 days 10am to 9pm the first and like 1pm to 7pm the 2nd day and on day 3 i got the re flash
have you had any problems with the reflash? are you running an AFR gauge or anything?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #12

absolutly no problems with the reflash, and no gauge. The hardest part of the install is removing the crank shaft bolt, i had to make a special tool but toyota is sposto let you barrow one
Old 03-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #13
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Superchargers installed by anyone other than an authorized Toyota dealer are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles.

I could help you install it if you need help. I have not actually done a TRD but I did my URD MKII by myself.