Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Rock Sliders -by The Truck Shop, San Diego, CA

Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Rock Sliders -by The Truck Shop, San Diego, CA

Hello San Diego and Socal Tacoma Owners.

As some of you know I have been talking to James at The Truck Shop regarding Rock Slider for our Tacomas. We have agreed on a price of $400 cash, welded and painted for members. You can get them with the style you want, Hybrid, Standard and even with Kickouts, placed on the truck closer or farther away. They are made of Mild Steel.

When you contact him make sure you mentioned that Tree from TacomaWorld sent you. If you have any questions you can contact me by PM first.

At the time Weld Ons are the only ones available.

If you are looking for a different steel like DOM please PM me and I can get a quote for you.

Below are some pictures of Peejay's truck. There are a few other members that already have them on here too.

The Truck Shop
James Ederer (Owner)

Address
8660 Miramar Road
San Diego, CA 92126

Phone
Tel (858) 408-0314

Hours
Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 6:00
Sat: 10:00 - 6:00 (by appointment)
Sun: closed

Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
they look nice but whats the wall thickness on the tubing and is it DOM tubing and they are alittle pricy
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
they look nice but whats the wall thickness on the tubing and is it DOM tubing and they are alittle pricy
I will get the specs on them. As far as SD goes they are priced well. They are installed at that price. I have tried other places and they are 500+ for sliders installed.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i guess painted and put on isnt that bad
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
I will get the specs on them. As far as SD goes they are priced well. They are installed at that price. I have tried other places and they are 500+ for sliders installed.
exactly what I was gonna say. Some of the cheapest sliders around are by 4x innovations, and those are $265 shipped for HREW. They come bare from 4x and paint will cost you a good $20, and At least $100 to weld on in this area, thats already $400 there.

Thats pretty good pricing.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
$400 for custom built/painted/installed sliders is a pretty good price i think

i paid slightly less for mine but i know a midget who does awesome fab work and steel prices were fairly low when i did mine
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #8

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
i guess painted and put on isnt that bad

I also have a friend that has caged his whole truck, so I trust his work. Price is one thing but getting a fair quality deal I will take over price any day. I figure I would try to help people out there. I know people that have paid more for them and would not change a thing.

Here are some pictures

Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #9

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
$400 for custom built/painted/installed sliders is a pretty good price i think

i paid slightly less for mine but i know a midget who does awesome fab work and steel prices were fairly low when i did mine
Yeah I like the ways yours come up. It would be harder I think on a DC SB.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!

dam thats a sick exo cage
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #12

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandercole View Post
whats the deal for first gens?
It should be the same price. But it is for install at his shop. No shipping on the sliders.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #13
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I ask because thats a hell of a good price and I might be cruising down to SD this week to hang out with a couple buddies during spring break. how long would it take for them to make?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #14

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandercole View Post
I ask because thats a hell of a good price and I might be cruising down to SD this week to hang out with a couple buddies during spring break. how long would it take for them to make?
It should take about a day to do. He said that he has some already made. Just do not know the style he currently has. Please contact him first to make sure he has time to do it.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
I had The Truck Shop do my sliders, for 520ish with tax and my cab mount chop at the same time. Did a pretty good job, shy of my paint falling off due to the paint never curing since it was cool and rainy that day. I'll update this post later tonight and add a couple pics. Eitherway for the price you can't go wrong.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #17

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
I had The Truck Shop do my sliders, for 520ish with tax and my cab mount chop at the same time. Did a pretty good job, shy of my paint falling off due to the paint never curing since it was cool and rainy that day. I'll update this post later tonight and add a couple pics. Eitherway for the price you can't go wrong.

I was hoping you would chime in. Thanks Richard for the information. Richard has the Hybrid style. I can't wait to see the pictures. Do you know the material used?

Off Topic, What are you doing the weekend of April 2nd? Photo expedition if you interested. Hit me up.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
phd12volt is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Jason
phd12volt's Tacoma Gallery
those look very nice. Is this price for just a short time???
Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #20
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Off Topic, What are you doing the weekend of April 2nd? Photo expedition if you interested. Hit me up.
Shoulder surgery April 2nd, my shifting arm too.

As promised here are a couple pics of the "hybrid" sliders, not sure the material, but they have already saved my cab once and for me that is worth my deductible (even though it wouldn't be covered). They have square tubing from the frame, the length of the slider then round tubing for the outer bar and its 2 supports.