1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck Haven / The Notches 17 april

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by peejay, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    :eek:Hey PJ , I see that Mario has the beast back together & is gonna go ?? Fuggin' nice.... I love that mutated, abomination, steroid drenched truck of his, it'll be good to see him again too !! Hell , who knows I may even show up Fri. night & drown my ass in hops & barley with ya'll, this will be my last trip to the desert for wheeling till Oct. or Nov. ya know it starts getting hot pretty quick from the end of April thru summer..... I'm looking forward to some easy throttle, thought focused driving, just wish I had some better tires, my BFG's are starting to look like cheater slicks !! haha :D:D

Lets keep each other posted, & TRI , you aren't armored as I am not so we'll look for some challenges that won't leave our trucks looking like this !!!...:D:eek::eek::eek:

Web DSC01123.jpg
    Web DSC01125.jpg
    Web DSC01128.jpg

2. Apr 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

That was a rough day my friend.

3. Apr 8, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    peejay

peejay [OP] Yep im that Peejay..

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Running a tricked out rzr xp 4
    Rollin a Hemi, and wheelin a sick xp4
    Yeah dude, he's talking about coming out on saturday for the day. He'll be in johnson valley the following weekend for the tin benders jamboree ath the hammers. So he's doing a shake down on the beast out at the notches. You really have to know when to throttle and when to pull back out here, its a good time....

4. Apr 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
  5. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I'm going to Truckhaven any others going to try some place new ?.......:D

Web DSC01226.jpg

6. Apr 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    So whats the final call for truckhaven????? Ill be out at ocotillo friday night, but not camping this weekend. staying at friends house in brawley ( 25 minutes away) for those that want to go to truckhaven,, put it in here, but also pm me so i know who to look for at the travertine grill in salton city....

Meet about 1230 ish..............

7. Apr 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Peejay do you have the address to the Grill?

8. Apr 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

The closet address is 1209 Van Buren Ave, Salton City, CA 92275
    It is located at the intersection of the Borrego Salton Seaway S22 and the 86. It will be on your right hand side, and there will be a gas station on your left hand side. Recommend that you guys take the 79 down to truck haven, its alot faster then the 8. You guys have my cell that are going.... Looks like this is a day for most. Ill be out again sunday at superstition

9. Apr 15, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Yep, I've already Google Earthed Travatine grill dude , found it & I PM'd ya bro':D:D:cool:

I may just do an all-nighter & wheel till Sat. morn., eat breakfast & wait for you sleeping beautys to get up !!

10. Apr 15, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Got the pm bro, sent 1 back...Looks like were going to meet up at like 1230 ish. wont be camping out this weekend,, staying at my buddies house in brawley, both his wife and mine are finishing their homework for their masters deg.....( fuk that chit man...that stuff is too much writing)

Saw you pm, if you cant make it no worries, were also doing something around memorial day weekend......

11. Apr 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
  12. Apr 15, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    .Trdtaco315.

.Trdtaco315. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa ana
    Vehicle:
    03 Trd SR5 Prerunner
    i wish i could go, but my shocks are jacked and my brakes need to be done.

13. Apr 15, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Have fun guys! Subscribing so i can see the action! :D

14. Apr 15, 2010 at 11:01 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Dude, that is one of ,if not, THE Baddest lil' offroad toy I've ever seen
    & glad you got the Dodge w/hemi, my neighbor across from me has one with the Hemi & it flat fuckin' hauls ASS !!:D:eek::D:eek: I gotta get out there !!

15. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    Not gonna make it, today is my first day out of the sling. Been driving to physical therapy, just have no endurance for shifting. Have a good time...Hoping I can make it out to the desert at least one more time before the heat sets in.

16. Apr 16, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Alright bro's im outta here.. off to the desert... Single no worries bro, get the wing fixed.... Last weekend in memorial day... Got a trip planned that weekend already...... Ill hit u guys up later... ill take some pics of the notches to show you the Tacoma friendly parts....

pj

17. Apr 16, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Yeah, yeah I know PJ, I just talked to ya, remember ?? haha, so you just go ahead & jump in your little Rhino and have fun this weekend if I don't make it out there, I talked to TRI also, he can't make it down this weekend either,I'm still on the fence... think I better call MadMan MaTT !!! & good to hear your out of that sling Richard & yep I know it hurts like Hell to do ANYTHING, but at least your starting to use the stick shift again, that's good news Bro' I want to get you back on a trail ASAP........:D:D

18. Apr 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    where are the pixxors!?!?

19. Apr 19, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    bisdak10

bisdak10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    cerritos, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sprt 4x4
    back up sensor, snuglid, nerf bars, grillcraft, hella 500's. moto metal 957, 275/70/17 (cant remmber the tires right now). 3 inch lift
    yeah!!! where are the pics!!!

20. Apr 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Ill post up pics later today.. Just got back...

Products Discussed in

To Top