1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rant: All-Pro Offroad

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by k20me, May 21, 2010.

1. May 21, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    k20me

k20me [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    BroCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner
    Hey all. I don't usually care to do this, but it's come to the point where I am irritated and wanted to get this off my chest. I was looking for a set of new rear leaf springs for my 07 Tacoma to replace my add-a-leaf springs that I've had on there for almost a year. After thinking about buying a custom set of Deavers, Bajamoon pointed me to the All-Pro 3" lift rear springs. I saw them on All-Pro's website and decided to go ahead and order them. The order was placed on 03/15/2010. The plan was to install them at Mod Day 7 (03/27/2010).

After waiting about a week, I called All-Pro and had the chance to speak with their representative (Jack). I was given the shipping information via UPS (or Fedex, I forget which exactly, but it doesn't really matter). In order to try to get the springs in time for Mod Day, I offered to pick them up the day before Mod Day 7 (03/26/10). I was drove out to All-Pro and was even told when I got there that all that had to happen was my invoice printout so it would show that I received the product. I was then told that the springs were on a 3 week backorder. I was a little irritated at this point, but kept my cool because things like this happen. I was mostly irritated at the fact that it takes quite a bit of money and it took time to get to All-Pro on a Friday. It would have been nice to receive some sort of phone call beforehand (or maybe, I should have called again to confirm that it would be there). I work in manufacturing and know that things like this happen. No big deal. So, I'm seeing that the leaf spring setup would be shipped on April 5th. Okay with me.

Fast forward to a week after April 5th (April 12th). I called to see what was going with the leaf springs. I was then told that the leaf springs would be manufactured by the 14th of MAY. Okay...well I guess I'll just wait, but hey All-Pro will throw in some extra goodies for me being such a patient customer. So, I get a call from All-Pro on May 14th, letting me know that my leaf springs have arrived and how I wanted them delivered to my house. I notified them that I would be out for the weekend (Ocotillo Wells), so I said to just drop them off sometime early on the week of May 17th (Monday or Tuesday). Monday AND Tuesday both roll around, and still, NOTHING. I called yesterday to see if maybe they just decided to ship the leaf springs via Fedex or UPS. I was told that they just did not have a guy going up to my area to deliver the product. What the heck? So, I was told that if I would like to have it delivered on Friday (21st of May) or early Saturday (22nd of May). I just said to deliver it on Friday because I would be free to wait for it. I was then told that someone from All-Pro would call me on Friday (TODAY) to schedule a time. It is now Friday. I have received no call. I will not be here tomorrow morning to receive the product (if it's even coming tomorrow), and frankly, I believe I've been a good enough customer to hold this all in since MID MARCH.

As much as I like All-Pro parts, I am more than unhappy, to the point of angry, that it would take this long and, to add insult to injury, that I would be told that there was just not anybody going up my way to get the parts delivered when I was ASKED what day I would want the parts delivered.

This is the second and, most likely, will be the last part that I purchase from All-Pro. I actually waited over a month to receive my All-Pro skid plate when I bought it about a year ago. I'm sure All-Pro is a great company, but this is my experience and I thought it would be worth sharing to those who want/think about purchasing product from All-Pro. Everyone else's experience will vary, obviously. I have no intent in starting a pissing match with any All-Pro fans, or even the shop, with this thread. I will reiterate that this is MY experience with All-Pro.

I still think their builds are bad ass, though.

Joseph

Cliffs:
    Patiently waited 3 months for a set of leaf springs that still have not arrived.

2. May 21, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    this type of stuff happens wheelers had my rear saws on back order for like a month a half

3. May 21, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Joseph, I say get your money back. Don't waste money on a company like that. That's such bullshit dude. Going on 3 months for leaf springs is crap after changing their story quite a few times and showing no consideration for your super long wait. Hope everything works out.

4. May 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Wow man, that is pretty shitty, I wont lie about that. I have to agree with Manny, just say screw it and get your money back.

5. May 21, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I just finished going through a very similar situation with discount tire. I usually go to one near home and the guy has awesome service their but was short on time one day so I stopped at a new one by my job. I ordered some wheels and the fucker said they'd be there in 5 days. 3 weeks later and I still had nothing. He kept making excuses and shit and I told him to credit back the money to my acct asap. I hate dealingsith shitty service. At last give people a courtesy call or update, don't blow them off like these people have been doing. Customers (obviously) keep a business Alive, treat them with respect

6. May 21, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    customer service is huge.

7. May 21, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    That sucks bro....I figure you would be running them by now. Mod day was so long ago...there was already a Mod day 8 at All Pro!!! :facepalm:

8. May 21, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    In my opinion, if a product is more than a couple of weeks out, a company has no business taking your money for said product. It's fine if they are taking pre-orders but a company should not charge you until they are prepared to supply you with the product.

If a company already has your money. What the f do they care if you get your product sooner, later, or *yikes* never.

9. May 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Get a refund and by the new set that is for sale in the for sale section. They are local and a great price!

10. May 21, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    k20me

k20me [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    BroCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner
    I'll have to wait until Monday to see if I can just get my refund. Hopefully, it won't make it to my house by tomorrow, but I'll just have to wait and see.

11. May 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

Member:
  12. May 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    It's one thing to have to wait for them but there's no excuse for poor communication. If you don't have them in hand by Monday, tell them you want you money back. Stop wasting your time. They have to give you your money back. If not, call the police and report it. Seriously. That's pretty much stealing. Then call your credit card company before it's too late.

13. May 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    rmarqu2

rmarqu2 YES... i am a murse....

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4
    FOX 2.5 coilovers, FOX 14" rears, AP expos, AP front plate bumper and skid, lightforce 240 blitz, warn m8000, 3/8 amsteel, BAMF sliders, cheap Chinese rock lights, ARB lockers all around
    Damn bro that sucks! I really have my heart set on a front plate bumper and skid from them, but now I'm apprehensive about ordering from them. It's shitty because they're one of the only, and most diverse, Tacoma-speific manufacturer. IMO.

14. May 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
  15. May 22, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    all pro is a vender here. try contacting them here and see what they have to say in this thread.mybe they will help here.they wouldnt want the negative rap on a toyota site.

16. May 22, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    He has contacted them at their store and has driven up there. They are well aware of his situation I am sure of it. I am sure they are they more often than here.

17. May 22, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    rmarqu2

rmarqu2 YES... i am a murse....

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4
    FOX 2.5 coilovers, FOX 14" rears, AP expos, AP front plate bumper and skid, lightforce 240 blitz, warn m8000, 3/8 amsteel, BAMF sliders, cheap Chinese rock lights, ARB lockers all around
    Oh I'm sure they've seen this thread already and are handling it Professionally and in private.

18. May 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    that sucks, and even though All Pro is popular on this forum, I hope they know we disapprove of this kind of vendor behavior. I hope this gets resolved in a friendly manner, but, if not, I say get your money back.

19. May 22, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    power of the internet doesnt hurt to try
    i hope they saw this thread

agreed

20. May 22, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    this thread should be in Allpros vender section So they see it for sure! I'll post a link to this thread in their thread...

Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top