Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

San Diego Meet #3 Trail Meet

Old 07-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #21
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
See ya guys tomorrow!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #22
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery

HAD A BLAST. THIS EVENT REALLY MAKES ME PROUD OF THE TRUCK I DRIVE. I TOOK A POUNDING WITH THE HILLS, DIRT AND ROCKS...AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #23
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I had a great time also. It was a fantastic event. Thanks Steve.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone.
First Stop:

This one is a little dark but you can see the dust cloud of some approaching FJs and Tacos.

Lunch stop:

Heading back:

My truck:
Old 07-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #24
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Check out other pictures under my profile. When is the San Diego Meet #4 going to be?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:59 PM   #25
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
So, were any of the trails 4x4 required? Looks like you guys just needed your ground clearance...

Any PreRunners running this route?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #26
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aww yes we had prerunners there "Me" here are some pics i have i will get video up also.
Meet up at Mcdonalds

Helicopter pad

Riding the trails

After the trail

I got a little damage dent with deep scratches
Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #27
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
the first part was easy i have a sport trd with no 4x4...the second part was a bitch i wasnt expecting that...to be honest noone was...i was the only lsd there and was given bragging rights by many of the guys...not tryna sound cocky...someone did mention was trail was intended for 4x4's...sure as hell proved them wrong...dan was driving a 4x2 tacoma trd off road...he had the locked diff though...i was s.o.l

steve...whats up dude? why didnt u come to the second part...i was like "didnt he host this" haha
Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #28
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Hey SoCalman...where in the world on the trail did you get those deep scratches? Was it the 2nd round after we met up by the freeway? Take an after picture since Im sure youre going to have your baby cleaned, clayed and waxed.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #29
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have hit some trails while I was up here in Colorado, and I have to say that I am pleasantly supprised by the capabilities of my PreRunner. Granted - I am not doing any rock climbing, but I can get where I need to get to.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #30
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
socal...how did u get that damage on the first run? i didnt get scratches till the ohv run ha damn dude u should see mine
Old 07-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #31
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
dan was driving a 4x2 tacoma trd off road...he had the locked diff though...i was s.o.l
I don't remember his name but the blue truck in my first picture was a 4x2 standard cab, 5-lug (not a Prerunner). I'm pretty sure he didn't have any TRD package on his.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yeah that damage was on the trail heading back we went through a tree and i think i hit it pretty hard they waxed my truck later that afternoon but you can still notice it and i really dont care for the damage its a truck hey Mario i have lsd and it was that much more fun i stopped at an incline going side ways up the hill very fun. W8n4mud man at times you guys were haulin ass i had to speed up man good times.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #33
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Heres some vids.
On the trail.
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=CLIP0125.flv

the run to the ranger station
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=CLIP0093.flv
Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #34
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
yeah he had the 5lug blue but the first run was easy im talking about the ohv run that was tough i was the only lsd there 4x2...
Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #35
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Yeah the rock trail that did look like fun man way to make us LSD guys look good we hauled ass coming back bumpy as hell but fun.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #36
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
i had to represent for the under dogs...will i try it agian with my truck? nee haha i probably wont because i just made my first payment last month and i shouldnt really be putting my truck through some a trail like the ohv i bet alot of us wouldnt have gone through that if we knew what was ahead of us...but its all good ill def go back to the first run though
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #37
Founder Socaltacomas.com

One thing that was funny alot of guys gave me props for driving with the windows down very dusty, even the guy at the car wash was like damn this is F*@$ed up.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #38
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
what u pay for the wax? i need it bad!...windows down...no thank u i hate the feeling of the dust in my mouth plus the GF has hasma...why didnt u come with us to ohv
Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #39
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I told my family i went off-roading yesterday and nearly every single one of them had a cow because of one bad experience I had like 8 years ago. I went over a razor-back in glamis and nose-dove my 1998 frontier 4x4 over the edge about 40 ft down below. The truck survived and was not totaled. Damn airbags even deployed. Then I showed them pics and to my surprise they seemed very into it. Washed my baby today and had to wipe down the inside a little bit too! LOL. I seriously did not want a single scratch on the truck. I felt sorry for the NEW FJ cruiser owner with that HUGE dent on the skid plate, but with that being said Im glad is wasnt on the body of his car. Was it me or did you guys get the impression that the FJ guys that were there just didn't care what would happen to their trucks? Anyways, had a blast and back to reality Monday morning. Just wondering how Im going to fill-up again. $800 plus a month for gas is killing me!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #40
Founder Socaltacomas.com

The wax and wash and all $60, i got the same impression they really get down makes me wanna get an fj they are one bad ass vehicle, those guys that we went with always go out and are hard core cant wait to go again.