Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Calling out all MTB (Mountain Bikers) in the San Diego area!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #21
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Is this you? If it is... you're so invited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Hey guys..Im from The O.C. but would be interested in doing Noble. just give a heads up and maybe I can get some of my riding buds from up here and we can meet down there..and SHUTTLE only please. i dont do 24 hr races so my stamina is not all that great. I only climb so i can go downhill.

I can't say I know one part from another, but this bike sure looks nice. That's the whole reason of the thread. I'd be more than happy to give you a heads up when we plan for a ride. I'll add you to the list.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #22
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Right on man.. Who's up to hit noble in the next couple weeks... ( i only shuttle that mofo... my stinky is to heavy to ride up _
Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #23
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah for sure I'm down, but I know I can't next weekend. Perhaps the weekend after.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #24
BIG EYE is on a distinguished road

Name: David
BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
I am still a bit of a beginner, but love to ride!
I am a fan of the Rancho Penisquitos tunnels..Awesome ride!

Here is what i am working with:

Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #25
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
We'll more than likely tell/share with everyone what trail we plan on doing and the skill level required to participate. I wouldn't want a beginner to go to Noble Canyon even though it may be down hill mostly just due to the technicality of the trail and the length of the ride going down. For sure, helmets are a must on any ride.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #26
BIG EYE is on a distinguished road

Name: David
BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
We'll more than likely tell/share with everyone what trail we plan on doing and the skill level required to participate. I wouldn't want a beginner to go to Noble Canyon even though it may be down hill mostly just due to the technicality of the trail and the length of the ride going down. For sure, helmets are a must on any ride.

Cool...I always wear a helmet.
I have been riding for less than a year, and have been to Mission trails, Rancho Penisquitos, Daily Ranch, and Black Mountain trails so far.
I have good control on the down hills, but on the more technical/steep ones, take them slow...its the uphill climbs were i shine
Old 06-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #27
Knollytaco06 has a spectacular aura aboutKnollytaco06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Garry N
Knollytaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Damn it!!! can't wait to ride it's been almost four months... I'll see my doctor on July 7 and ill ask him if I can get started on my rehap starting with roadie.. You guys have fun!! and be safe!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #28
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I need to start putting a list together of all the local rides. Feel free to jump in and mention one I might have forgotten. Thanks. Putting the list on Post #1.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #29
Knollytaco06 has a spectacular aura aboutKnollytaco06 has a spectacular aura about
La Costa one of my favorent trail small mountain but can do three run up and down, love nascar..
Old 07-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #30
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knollytaco06 View Post
La Costa one of my favorent trail small mountain but can do three run up and down, love nascar..
I don't know this trail you're speaking of. Where is it? How would I get there? I assume its a short run which is why you do it more than once?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #31
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
1st Scheduled Ride - Noble Canyon 7/18/10

Noble Canyon
7/25. Meet @ McDonalds at 7am on the corner of Los Coches and Camino Canada off the 8 freeway.
Grab food, fill up your camelback or just relax before everyone else shows up for this spectacular ride. This is not a beginner trail. Downhill for a minimum of 2 hours in all types of terrain. We'll plan out the details at McDonalds as far as which cars to leave and which double cab to take up to the peak. Remember, helmet required or you won't ride with us. Got to lay down some rules. This is an epic ride. Expect the weather to be hot. Bring the stuff mentioned on page 1 and then some. Ask away if you have any questions. See you then.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #32
Here you go Albert, go on www.mountainbikbill.com and click on San Diego Area then click north county look for La Costa. You can read more about it.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #33
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
i would LOVE to go out and eat shit!!!! nothin better!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #34
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knollytaco06 View Post
Here you go Albert, go on www.mountainbikbill.com and click on San Diego Area then click north county look for La Costa. You can read more about it.
Haha, on the same site I even posted. I should look harder at it. Elfin forest is another one I've heard a lot of but never had the chance of riding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYeah View Post
i would LOVE to go out and eat shit!!!! nothin better!!!
Sweet. Lets go. I'll add your name to both lists. Only one condition... I eat shit first. ok?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #35
Elfin forest its another great place most ride tuff hill to climb awesome view same with Anderson Truck Trail my number 1 place to ride ...
Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #36
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
The date for Noble Canyon has been changed to Sunday 7/25/10. Are there any other takers?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #37
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
The date for Noble Canyon has been changed to Sunday 7/25/10. Are there any other takers?

Ill probably do noble with you guys that day.. Gonna need to shuttle back to the top.......
Old 07-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay View Post
Ill probably do noble with you guys that day.. Gonna need to shuttle back to the top.......
There's a good chance that yeahyeah won't be able to make it that day. I've got other friends I know would want to ride it. I'll probably give them a call. I was trying to keep it a TW thing, but the more the merrier (to some extent). Yeah, we would have to shuttle back up.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #39
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Peejay... are you still down for Sunday?
BUMP for any other last minute riders for Noble Canyon on Sunday (a week from today).
Old 07-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #40
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
So it appears we'll have to reschedule this particular ride for another time. We need more than 2 riders to make this ride successful. Sorry to disappoint. I might be doing Mission Trails on the Clairemont Mesa side. Let me know if you are down. I was thinking around 2pm.