Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Calling out all MTB (Mountain Bikers) in the San Diego area!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #81
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
I think it is called Ted Williams. It's near a middle school off middlebrook lane I think, in Poway? Its just a small mountain with quite a bit of trails and jumps. It is mostly hike a bike up though. It's a fun trail you just have to work for everything, reason I usually only ride it at 6am or 6pm or else it is way too hot. I am usually the only one haha, unless some of the guys I know tag along.

Shucks about working weds. Maybe well catch a ride soon!
Right on. Well if you ever want to post a little something on this thread let me know. I'm down to ride. Always looking for good company and a challenge if you're good at it too. I'll goggle that trail and see what I find. Keep in touch man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
Oh I can't go off a tiny jump without the front end smashing metal to metal... I got what I paid for or didn't pay for for that matter.
Haha. Now that is a plan. Sounds like the boardwalk might be your cup of tea.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #82
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it's even boardwalk certified lol.

I'll still go smash around a lot of places though.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #83
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
A section of Mission Trails Regional Park on the Santee side headed towards uphill alley but turning left at a fork that takes you to the top of the mountain side only to drop back down into the valley. Not too shabby... the ride that is. The video is ok. I'm still experimenting with this software and its capabilities.
http://youtu.be/FoRcKDMEx0Q
Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #84
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Carrizo Gorge in Jacumba, CA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1l7b5UHWfQ
Old 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #85
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Carrizo Gorge in Jacumba, CA.
Ha! Too funny that you posted this. Was going to go to Carrizo today but could not get away for the whole day. This ride has been on my list for too long and I have never been. Ended up riding BLT and it was perfect up there. Here are a couple of pics:

Old 11-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #86
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Those pics are perfect. BLT is the same/close to Noble right? I was originally going to ride Noble last weekend but was tired of camping at the same place over and over again. So I decided to camp at some site called Sacred Rocks in Boulevard. Once I found this place, I started searching for nearby rides. I heard of Carrizo Gorge but was a little scared simply because of my fear of falling, dark tunnels (haha) and getting ticketed. All of which didn't happen. SUCCESS!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #87
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Big Laguna Trail is up top of Noble. You ride some of it if you shuttle Noble from Sunrise Hwy. We will ride a couple of loops up there with different varations if we don't have the time to shuttle Noble. Perfect weather for either Carrizo or blt though! Did run into a few guys in camo bow hunting which is a little unnerving...not sure if they were poaching or it was legal. Would assume they were after turkey.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #88
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
^ I could only imagine. I'd be a little freaked out if I noticed someone in the woods aiming a damn bow & arrow at me. Sounds like you had a good time. Next time you go, drop a note early enough so I could tag along.

Is this your current ride still? If so, NICE! It's the StumpJumper right?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #89

SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that's my '06 Santa Cruz Blur LT that would love to be replaced...but my bike fund turned into a truck fund! I will drop you a pm the next time I know in advance that we are headed out to BLT or Noble.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #90
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody want to hit up the trails? I am not familiar with any of the trails in San Diego and woul dlike to hit them up before I move next year.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #91
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Anybody want to hit up the trails? I am not familiar with any of the trails in San Diego and woul dlike to hit them up before I move next year.
I'm planning a ride tomorrow (Tues) through Sweetwater (East of Chula Vista). A buddy of mine, including myself will be starting at 1PM. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you details.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #92
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
^ It's #10 on page 1.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #93
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
I'm planning a ride tomorrow (Tues) through Sweetwater (East of Chula Vista). A buddy of mine, including myself will be starting at 1PM. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you details.
Sounds like a fun ride but unfortunately I work until 3-4 on the weekdays.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #94
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Copy that. I'll keep that in mind. Perhaps a weekend ride would work best. I'll let you know.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #95
woojoo83 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: John
woojoo83's Tacoma Gallery
is this thread still active? are there any group mtb rides happening on a recurring basis?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #96
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
It's still around but no reoccurring rides on a regular basis. What part of SD are you in? I am in Chula Vista (South bay) and usually do local rides down here since most rides are short notice anyways.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #97
Army:
oh ok. so it's not that established. got it. i'm up in pb/mb, so i usually ride los penasquitos canyon, mtrp, n fortuna mtn, etc.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #98
Army:
do any tacoma owners still ride mtb up in san diego proper?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #99
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Once i get a new bike i'd be down for some trail riding. Anyone selling there's?? In the market for a hardtail or a full suspension but more leaning on the hard tail.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #100
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woojoo83 View Post
oh ok. so it's not that established. got it. i'm up in pb/mb, so i usually ride los penasquitos canyon, mtrp, n fortuna mtn, etc.
The mission trails area? I'm down to ride there some time if you're interested. Let me know what days you can ride.