Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Calling out all MTB (Mountain Bikers) in the San Diego area!

Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #101
woojoo83 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: John
woojoo83's Tacoma Gallery
lately, my buddy (a future tacoma owner, haha) and i have been spending time learning the in's and out's of all the branches/trails of Los Penasquitos Canyon, but next time we head down toward mtrp or snake or scary house, i'll post it up here.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #102
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good. Is there access to the tunnels still? Have you seen them there? There was a lot of discussion of this area being closed off. There are a ton of branches out there.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #103
Army:
yeah, there are definitely still many many tunnel trails and entrances. off the top of my head, we've been in/down four different tunnels. they're all still technically off-limits and each time you're rolling the dice with the park/land rangers, but we always see other riders when we're down in them.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #104
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
When's the next trail ride? Just picked up new jamis hard tail.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #105
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopie View Post
When's the next trail ride? Just picked up new jamis hard tail.
How about Sunday... Mission Trails on the Clairemont Mesa side around 3PM?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #106
Socal Tacoma

Navy:
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Cant do sunday. Im going today around 4pm to otay lakes area
Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #107
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cant do sunday. Im going today around 4pm to otay lakes area
DARN IT! I could have met you there. Most people can't go during the day. I'm usually pretty open. Most days after 1 if planned in advance. Let me know when you decide to ride again. Otay Lakes is fun. South bay rider? Sweetwater is one of my favs.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #108
Socal Tacoma

Navy:
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
DARN IT! I could have met you there. Most people can't go during the day. I'm usually pretty open. Most days after 1 if planned in advance. Let me know when you decide to ride again. Otay Lakes is fun. South bay rider? Sweetwater is one of my favs.
I'll definitely hit you up if i'm gonna go ride. I'm in eastlake so I plan on hitting the trails in chula vista, ie; snake canyon and sweetwater, whatever.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #109
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll definitely hit you up if i'm gonna go ride. I'm in eastlake so I plan on hitting the trails in chula vista, ie; snake canyon and sweetwater, whatever.
PM'd you. Let me know what you think.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #110
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I have been on this thread before for dh but I recently picked up a specialized enduro. Been riding mostly pq and mission trails and noble canyon on weekends.

If anyone is down to ride during the week I usually start around 6pm but can get out earlier with notice or later I have lights.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #111
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
If you're able to ride earlier than I'm down for a Mission Trails ride if planned in advance. I work early and usually in bed early as well. Shoot me a PM and let me know what days work best for you. BTW, a specialized enduro is a very sweet bike. congrats on that!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #112
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ramon, hey it was cool to meet and ride with you. I definitely made every effort to keep up with your friend. haha. We can change it up next time around if you're still down. Sweetwater is a fun trail but has some hills to climb. Remember though, for every up there is usually a down.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #113
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you're able to ride earlier than I'm down for a Mission Trails ride if planned in advance. I work early and usually in bed early as well. Shoot me a PM and let me know what days work best for you. BTW, a specialized enduro is a very sweet bike. congrats on that!
How early? like 3 or 4pm? Maybe well have to get out on the weekends not sure if I could make it to MTR that early. I am pry going to start riding noble every weekend before the snow hits.

I love the enduro, I need to give it some love in the tuning department but she still rails and is easy to climb up most hills.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #114
Whatchu talkin bout willis?
Slinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to beholdSlinky is a splendid one to behold
Name: Spencer
Slinky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Slinky
I'd be up for riding some time Albert. Let me know. I ride with Itsa bike shop on wednesday nights. I haven't ridden in two months due to injury, and having to get my bike fixed after a crash. But I'm up for showing you guys around the Balboa Loop I take often.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #115
BrownMike is on a distinguished road

Navy:
BrownMike's Tacoma Gallery
Figured I would post up and say hi, riding a Jamis Diablo All Mountian, usually Scripps/PQ/Poway area
Old 09-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #116
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
How early? like 3 or 4pm? Maybe well have to get out on the weekends not sure if I could make it to MTR that early. I am pry going to start riding noble every weekend before the snow hits.
I'm off work Sundays and Mondays. I'm usually off work around noon. So I could start riding 1 or 2. I also would have to plan it early so I could arrange family to pick up my kids from school. I could ride as late as 5:30 if its a local ride (Sweetwater, Otay Lakes, Chula Vista loop, etc). Really can't do the night rides right now. I'm out of practice for night rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
I'd be up for riding some time Albert. Let me know. I ride with Itsa bike shop on wednesday nights. I haven't ridden in two months due to injury, and having to get my bike fixed after a crash. But I'm up for showing you guys around the Balboa Loop I take often.
Sounds like fun. What injury did you get? I assume from riding your bike if its at the bike shop. To be out of commission for a couple of months means you hit hard. I used to ride Mission Trails a lot a long time ago and I still enjoy riding there. Especially the Clairemont Mesa side. The Santee side is just boring after a while (up hill alley and such).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownMike View Post
Figured I would post up and say hi, riding a Jamis Diablo All Mountian, usually Scripps/PQ/Poway area
Martha's Grove was fun back in the day. There's a loop to the top of the 67 I've done in the past. Yeah man. Welcome too by the way.

ALL:
I say we should meet in the middle and have a little fun. Mission Trails to me sounds like the perfect area. Wanna plan for it? Give me some feedback. We could all meet and catch a beer afterwards (or tacos).
Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #117
Army:
Quote:
ALL:
I say we should meet in the middle and have a little fun. Mission Trails to me sounds like the perfect area. Wanna plan for it? Give me some feedback. We could all meet and catch a beer afterwards (or tacos).
I'm up for it! Although I can only join some weekends. I have to go up to LA every other weekend. When were you thinking?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #118
Socal Tacoma

Navy:
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
So, is their a trail ride this weekend?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #119
BrownMike is on a distinguished road

Navy:
BrownMike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Martha's Grove was fun back in the day. There's a loop to the top of the 67 I've done in the past. Yeah man. Welcome too by the way.

ALL:
Just did Marthas Grove the other day, 25.75mi. loop from Stonebridge > Marthas Grove > Goodan Ranch > edge of Santee Lakes and back

I havent really ridden mission trails since I was super young, but I'd be down for a ride and beers!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #120
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woojoo83 View Post
I'm up for it! Although I can only join some weekends. I have to go up to LA every other weekend. When were you thinking?
See below. Thinking the 19th if you're around. Let me know.

Quote:
So, is their a trail ride this weekend?
Not this weekend but hopefully the 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownMike View Post
Just did Marthas Grove the other day, 25.75mi. loop from Stonebridge > Marthas Grove > Goodan Ranch > edge of Santee Lakes and back

I havent really ridden mission trails since I was super young, but I'd be down for a ride and beers!
Damn! That's a big loop and a lot of mileage.
Let's plan an afternoon ride of the 19th. Let's say around 4. That way its not in the middle of the afternoon.