Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Camping areas

Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
Camping areas

My cousin from northern california is coming down, he wants to go camping, i do myself also.. i need a piece of the outdoors right now.. so i want to put a camping trip for him and myself with a couple of buddies. im not a big fan of camping next to other people.. something where im kind of isolated.. anyone know a good place? i prefer to camping in the forest of some sort, not really looking for desert camping. i heard big bear is a good place.. can anyone chime in and tell me where a good place to camp is? thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tony, I don't know how remote you want to camp but if you remember Corral Canyon has a camp ground about a 1/4 mile down the road from 4 corners (where we meet for our runs) it's called Bronco Meadow I think, all you need is the $5 adventure pass , they have a few campsites & are rarely used from what I saw but I don't think there is any open camp fires allowed.

I think Pine Valley (Bear Valley) has a couple too.

Hope this helps ya buddy, happy wheelin'.......

Doug
Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Cuyamaca. One on the highway 79 side and one on the Sunrise Highway (there's probably more than just those two). http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=667
Old 06-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
Anza Borrego has lots of opportunity's and lots of variety. although not a lot of trees.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
Yep im that Peejay..
peejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nicepeejay is just really nice

Navy:
Name: PJ
peejay's Tacoma Gallery
Corral Canyon would be your best bet for now... But plan a trip in the fall and go out to ocotillo or truck haven... No worries about people next you then....... But there's all alot of camping spots up there at Corral canyon. Its a good time.. Just check before hand to see if you can have a fire..( it can get a bit nippy at night)