1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SoCal Toyota Tech, Lifts/CMC/ECGS swap/Lockers/Welding/Bumpers/Electrical, Overland to Fast builds.

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Speed Freek, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Feb 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek [OP] Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    6847DF47-98C9-4AF0-8958-D8BC7B925CFE.jpg 4DC76779-EA63-46C2-9529-6080044E3C27.jpg Just wante to let you guys know I am a former Lexus/Toyota Master Tech and I work from my home/shop doing anything from Scheduled maintenance, to repairs, and any aftermarket installs of all kinds, like limited slips, suspension, engine performance and upgrades, and extensive knowledge of building and tuning of forced induction systems.

I am also a welder with years of experience who can fabricate and do custom tube work, and live in Vista about 2 minutes from the freeway for easy access..

I have worked on many trucks on this forum, for example I just installed fiberglass fenders and bedsides a little bit of tube work and welded some gusseting on the frame on a members truck, but wanted to make a thread that I am available since work is a little slow. Always happens at the begining of the year...:( I can save you guys a lot of money.

PM me if you guys have any questions or want more info

Thanks for looking
    -Jason

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  2. Feb 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Still here, lol. Been slammed this week, thanks for the work from a couple of you guys!
    Keep it coming.

I am building a custom fuel tank skid plate for my Heep, just got a 4 x 10' 1/4" panel to cut from I will post pictures of the finished product to show you guys my Aluminum fabrication and welding skills, maybe even my bowstaff skills from when I was in a gang with Napolean Dynamite...:rolleyes:

3. May 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    silver taco

silver taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
  4. May 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Anybody need any service work, timing belts, general repairs, welding (aluminum, steel, stainless, whatever)?

5. May 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Thanks for the work guys, keep it coming, if you have any questions just PM me, couldnt hurt to ask!

6. May 20, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Just wanted to thank the local members once again for giving me the opportunity to make a living and also helping people save some money, I tell it like it is, and I dont sell BS.

I work on customers trucks/cars as if they are my own vehicles.

I am also a motorcycle tech and can do maintenance and repair, including valve adjustments on late model Japanese off road motorcycles (250 and 450 4 stroke) as I have complete shim sets for all. Not to mention full race prep for desert and or motocross.

If your looking to save some money and have the work done properly without getting ripped off, please dont hesitate to contact me, PM me if you have any questions at all.

Thanks!

7. Jul 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Bumpity, got a couple of open days next week if anybody needs work and wants to save some cash.

Thx for your continued support guys, and I greatly appreciate all the work I have been getting from my awesome TW friends!

Any maintenance, aftermarket installs of pretty much anything (suspension, lights, performance work, general upgrades, ECU tuning, S/C installs, etc..).

Just PM me with any questions you might have, I would love to help. This is my PRIMARY job, I soley work from home and I work on all makes and models (No electrical on European cars :eek: but mechanical work is OK)

I also work on off-road motorcycles, I can do everything you need on those from routine maintenance, aftermarket parts install, to full race prep!

I can also do welding of any kind, steel, aluminum, stainless, MIG or TIG process available.

Here is an aluminum skid I built for my Jeep for an example.

Picture008-3_b3d63f82833a0c854a741c2a46fd8f78e717f496.jpg

4x4Banger likes this.
  8. Jul 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    Cortland

Cortland THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Can you do gear installs? Bumper fabrication?

9. Jul 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    LT1

LT1 Noob-ish

Member:
    SoCal-OC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC/LB/4x4/TRD supa sport!
    Limo Tint all the way around, tailgate theft mod, Console Vault, EGR vent visors, debadged emblems, TRD door emblems, Sockmonkey TOYOTA tailgate sticker, OME 3" lift w/aal, BAMF sliders, BHLM, MKW offroad M88 black 18" wheels.. for now..
    Do you have any machinery to read/diagnose trouble codes?

10. Jul 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Yes, depending on the gears I just make setup bearings from the old ones and go from there to get the proper lash and contact surface, and I have a bender and welder and can make bumpers etc...

I have a scanner, yes.

11. Jul 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Thanks for your business Lam (LT1) I hope your happy with everything, and good luck on your new baby.

It was nice meeting you guys, was a pleasure to help!

Dont hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything in the future.

12. Jul 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    NoSoup4You

NoSoup4You Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Palos Verdes
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB DMZ LT 4x4
    Camburg | King | Glassworks | DMZ | Nitro | Banks | Pelfreybilt | Brute Force Fab | Bay Area Metal Fab | Baja Designs | Rigid Industries | STL
    Hey Jason - just wanted to say thanks again for all the work today! The new leafs aren't that stiff at all and it's sittin' pretty now!

If anyone is looking for a great local tech this is your guy.. he treats every car or truck like his own and is patient enough to let you watch and ask questions along the way :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13txtaco and DavesTaco68 like this.
  13. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Thank you David, I appreciate your business and if you ever need anything I got your back.

Your truck is looking really nice, love the way it sits.

Thanks for the Red Bulls!!! :headbang:

14. Aug 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    SKULLY

SKULLY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB
    Hey Jason, nice to meet you on sunday. Stoked to check out your work and thanks for letting me rack my head on the facking canopy! lol

15. Aug 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap

Haha, you and everybody else! I put red tape on them but I obviously need red flashing LEDs instead. I am short so I coast right under them so I forget since I am a dwarf, lol.

Nice meeting you too bud, if theres anything I can do for you let me know (no gay stuff!)

We should get some members or whoever for that matter together for some off-road shenanigans!

16. Aug 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    The Traveler

The Traveler Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    Hey Jason, just sent you a PM. :thumbsup:

17. Aug 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Got it, glad you got it all taken care of, thanks for thinking of me though!

Just got done yesterday with an HPOP O-ring failure on a 2004 Ford Powerstroke 7.3, what a dirty terrible mess!!! Now I remember why I dont work at a Diesel shop anymore...

This morning I installed a True-trac LSD into a 1st gen Tacoma Pre-runner, now he gets to spin both tires now, also more fun in the rain!

Thanks for the work Brian.

Thanks for your continued support guys!

18. Aug 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    I need to get my tools dirty, or use my welder or bender, anybody? :D

19. Aug 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    Hey how often are we supposed to replace the serpentine belt? And are there timing belts or chains on these? Might want some help installing NST pulleys...

20. Aug 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    You have a timing chain, it has a pretty long replacement interval, probably 200K+ miles.

As far as the serp belt is concerned, I replace them when I can start to see cracks on the side with the V-grooves on it. That is usually 50K+ miles on that one.

If you need help with the pulleys let me know, I can do it.

Products Discussed in

To Top