1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Body Found in Anza-Borrego Desert

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Johnnie, May 7, 2012.

1. May 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    Johnnie

Johnnie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
  2. May 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    That sucks ass! Very sad!

3. May 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Yeah i've been following this story off and on for a while now. The guy was exploring the mud caves with his family, he said he was going to explore the upper caves a little on his own. Almost every news outlet describes him as "experienced" but he went off alone, with no food, no water, no SHOES, and no communication. While I do find the loss of life sad, I am more concerned about the talk I've heard of sealing off the caves like they do some of the old mines. While I may be a jerk for thinking so, and I'm willing to accept that, I'm tired of closed off, dumbed down, and idiot proofed, because people undertake challenges they are not educated enough, skilled enough, or prepared enough for. Thats just my 2¢ though.

4. May 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    eh2win

eh2win HIM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner
    afe s-dry filter
    feel sorry for the family and guy

5. May 9, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Well , you are a jerk chris.......:p:p

Seriously tho' God rest his soul.... But what an idiot, no shoes, no water, no food, no outer wear, no fuckin' brains either, How the fuck does this happen in the mud caves no less, what I mean is we've been out there countless times & I can't remember one time not seeing people crawling all around that place, how he went un noticed by anyone for soooo long is kinda baffling to me.....

6. May 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Wow that really does suck to read about. I feel for the loss of this guy and his family and all, but damn! No necessary supplies? Wonder what was on his mind when he thought of doing so, maybe he just thought it'd be a few minutes?? Really sad though :(

7. May 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    The no shoes parts is odd to say the least, my wife and I often explore in alot of the slot canyons and mod caves all over Anza/Ocotillio, the fact he went with absolutely nothing but a few clothes was , well, sorry, F'n stupid, My heart does go out the Fam for their loss.

On another note as per another comment about closures, I have been reading that more des. is in the process of being closed after a study/survey by the Marine Corp. only 2% of the Cal Des is open to OHV activity and that is going to shrink fast if we all don't voice our opinions.

Start calling your elected officials boys and girls.

Products Discussed in

To Top