1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on Pine Valley

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by mhagio, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM
    mhagio

mhagio [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Silver 4x4
    Questions about Pine Valley
    Do I need a map of the trails or is it pretty obvious.
    Is it easy/safe enough to go solo?
    Are there other trails closer to northern San Diego (Del Mar Area)

I was thinking of hitting it up on Fri 9/4 and a bit new to off-roading so I just don't know what to expect or could happen.

Thanks

2. Sep 2, 2009 at 10:41 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Pine valley is very bumpy the terrain has definately changed but you can do it no probs i always feel its better to go with someone, its pretty much straight foward im hearing mixed sayings whether or not you need a permit now to offroad in cleveland nat'l forrest, but you can get the adventure pass at big5 sporting goods. scenary is awesome out there but remember its gonna be hot.

3. Sep 2, 2009 at 11:43 PM
    rpparkster

rpparkster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    TRD FJ Wheels, 285 GY DuraTrac's, Fox 2.5 C/O w/ Res, TC UCA's, Demello Sliders,AllPro 3" Leaf Pack, Walker Evans 2.0 Adj. RR, AllPro Front Bumper & IFS Skid, Timbren Bump Stops, Leather
    I think its always safe to have another truck with you...just in case. Its not about the terrain, you could break down for another reason and could get stuck. Just start a new thread and ask a few ppl to go with a little recovery gear.
    Socalman might go with you but I got Tri for the long weekend.

4. Sep 3, 2009 at 3:06 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    The United States Postal Service Cliff? Haha. That's funny.

It never hurts to have the adventure pass. Try to buy to one and don't scratch off the date. You can always have a blank one ready for use. $5... again at Big 5.
    Last I heard, we were suppose to have the isolated thunder storms in the mountains on Fri. Should be a lot of fun. Watch out for huge holes in the ground that might be filled up with water. :eek: Am I scaring you yet?
    Have fun bro!

5. Sep 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    You need an adventure pass if you get out of the truck. If you plan on going more than a couple of times per year, you can buy an annual Adventure pass for $30 and a second annual pass for $5 at any ranger station, Big 5 sporting goods or online (for online, note that they have a separate selection for the 2nd annual pass. Don't just put two annual passes in your basket as it will be $60 vs $35).

So go in with someone and buy two and it drops your cost to $17.50 per vehicle for an annual pass. The money is used by the forest service to maintain services and trails. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/fees-at-work.shtml

6. Sep 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    They're also packing and not afraid to use it!

7. Sep 15, 2009 at 1:39 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    This is a pretty late posting for me but you can start out in Pine Valley creek its a decent drive , it takes you up from Pine Valley thru Noble canyon & all the way up to Mount Laguna, once you start feeling & more familiar with your truck you can start exploring Corral Canyon (a few miles east of Pine Valley,off Buckman springs rd) You can stop at the USDF station in Alpine to get an official OHV map with marked trails(where you can & can't go) it also has a trail rating for each trail for difficulty that is pretty accurate... Here's a couple pics from Corral Canyon, Happy trails:cool:

Web DSC00544.jpg
    Web DSC00543.jpg
    Web DSC00540.jpg
    Web PDVD_099.jpg
    Web DSC00367.jpg

8. Sep 15, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    boopie

boopie 05trdoffroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05trdoffroad
    Toytec/Eibach Bilstein set at .85, URD TCAI , TRD catback exhaust,1.5" AAL
    theres a minimal speed limit when going through pine valley. Its 30mph. Those UPS workers will give you a ticket if you are going slower then this. j/k =D

Products Discussed in

To Top