Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Good Cruiser Bike?

Old 06-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Good Cruiser Bike?

I am looking to purchase my first cruiser bike and wanted some feedback on the best cruiser for under $7,000. So far I really like the Honda Shadow Spirit 750 and wanted to know some opinions on this bike. I have always had dirt bikes growing up as a kid but never had a street bike. Just wanted some opinions on the best cruiser under 7K.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned more then 20 bikes and also worked as a motorcycle mechanic for 10 years. I now own a vulcan nomad 1500cc, I have to say that I love that bike and probably the one I enjoyed most. Its got looks, power and never breaks down. One other good point is the size, it's a big bike, I am a tall guy 6'5" and 220 pounds. For example I cannot drive an unmodified harley and would rather keep the gravy for my tacoma

ok, its been moded a bit + changed the air intake for a sc with vacuum traps (not on pic) but not raked, lowered or streched

Old 06-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET bike-how much new?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
How many years has it been since dirt bike riding? If you're reintroducing yourself after a long dry spell of riding, buy a used bike that you won't get pissed over when you drop it, cuz you will - we all did. After a year or two, trade up for something nicer and maybe closer to what you really want.

If you've been riding all along, don't bother with that little bike, unless you're light yourself. Go for a stretched ride that will be comfortable at 25mph and 75mph. I had a Shadow1100 years back. Fun lil' bike, quick and good handling. Had a mill that was indestructable. But, once you hit 60mph, front end shimmy. You like big rides, stick to the 1600 Kaws (lil' slow but nice) or a RoadLiner from Star. Either way, you'll cruise all day long lovin' life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Cypert View Post
I am looking to purchase my first cruiser bike and wanted some feedback on the best cruiser for under $7,000. So far I really like the Honda Shadow Spirit 750 and wanted to know some opinions on this bike. I have always had dirt bikes growing up as a kid but never had a street bike. Just wanted some opinions on the best cruiser under 7K.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #5
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
SWEET bike-how much new?
I'm not sure to how much they go for new, specialy in the states, I know they sell for less. I bought mine for 8,000$ 4years ago (its a 2000) but had gotten it from a friend had 11.000 km, up here in canada they sell for higher price.
You guys can get real good deals compared to us, example: harleys sell for more then 20,000$ kawas and other between 15k-20k.

Up here we produce these Spyders and we have to dish out about 4k more then you fellas! go figure.... anyways same thing for electricity we sell it cheaper to you neibors then we sell it to our citizens

bombardier spyder produced in quebec canada