LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

My Motivation

Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
what scale are you working with? My dad and I used to have an N-scale model train set-up.

Post some pics when you can.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing HO. I'm still doing the finish work of the room, I'm on my 2nd year of work. My brother helps me so far we've put in a ceiling using engineered I-beams, raised the floor, put in walls, installed an HVAC unit and insulated the whole thing with 6" batting. I'm on my 3rd 5 gallon bucket of mud and still need to do a lite coat and then sand. I've got a sprayer lined up so I can paint the walls and ceiling. So far I've put about $4k just into the room and overtime has been pretty lite lately so it's become almost piecemeal work but I won't retire for another 10 years and that's when I want to get it done.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
awesome.there is a train museum here in south jersey that has like 8000 miles of tracks.ill have to google it and post the link
http://www.northlandz.com/
Old 08-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

No G is bigger, commonly called Garden Scale and you get stuff to build it outdoors, we've got 3 acres and that's what the wife wants to do along with a trestle to cross our creek.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i have some ho and z scale stuff. tough to find z scale stuff lately

i had ho stuff close and z scale on the foam mountians i made so they looked really far away.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
Senior Citizen

Yeah forced perspective good way to do it! Man that Z is so tiny, my eyes have a hard time running trains on a friends N scale layout and I figured HO would allow me to build a pretty big empire without tasking my eyes too much as I go into my retirement years.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Madman View Post
Yeah forced perspective good way to do it! Man that Z is so tiny, my eyes have a hard time running trains on a friends N scale layout and I figured HO would allow me to build a pretty big empire without tasking my eyes too much as I go into my retirement years.
yea it was a major pain in the arse to put anything on the track with the z scale. (lining those tiny wheels up). i did have some n scale stuff. we used to put it in the xmas tree.