Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

does anyone here play disc golf

Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone here play disc golf

yeah so disc golf is awesome ive been playing it for a year and ican throw about 300 feet distance. my sidearm is decent but i keep losing my disks in the damn woods any suggestions
Old 06-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah so disc golf is awesome ive been playing it for a year and ican throw about 300 feet distance. my sidearm is decent but i keep losing my disks in the damn woods any suggestions
quit throwing in the woods!!

there are different discs you can throw to do different things.......maybe practice with different ones and see what each does and which ones you need for different holes.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Labrador Retreiver ? Fetch spot fetch !
Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.discgolfingtips.com/general/disc-golf/
Old 07-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
i used to play a lot (haven't in a while). you have to train your hand to throw the disc flat. naturally your arm will release it at an angle and that's when it goes way off to the left or right. right handers lose their discs on the right side, left handers lose their discs on the left side haha.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I used to play alot many years ago. I was pretty good with the frisbee. I remember as a kid playing Frisbee golf at a summer camp. When the counselors were asking everyones score, my score was well below everyone elses. The counselor didn't believe me. So I said see that tree 50yds away. He said yeah, as it hit the target he said I guess your score is accurate. lol

I've been teaching my Son since he was 5. He is pretty good, but I think we need more practice. Any excuse to get out and enjoy throwing again.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
Thanks for the link. I will take my Son to a local disc park and play.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey well glad to see that people are getting out and playing. winthrop i hear is a beastly course. with a 1000 ft hole. i havent played recently but i plan to go maybe this week and buy a driver or midrange.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
hey well glad to see that people are getting out and playing. winthrop i hear is a beastly course. with a 1000 ft hole. i havent played recently but i plan to go maybe this week and buy a driver or midrange.
if my neck is feeling better and i got feeling back in my arm/fingers, i'll go play a round!! winthrop aint bad......the water holes can be tricky though.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #10

yeah what happened to ya
Old 07-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
yeah what happened to ya
the usual.......pinched nerve in my neck/muscle spasm in my upper back........numb arm and fingers from!!! really aggravating shit man!!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #12

dude that really sucks. sorry it happened to ya. oh yeah you were right about the toyota service techs. i asked em about the secondary filter and they gave me some bullsh!@ answer.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #13

Quote:
dude that really sucks. sorry it happened to ya. oh yeah you were right about the toyota service techs. i asked em about the secondary filter and they gave me some bullsh!@ answer.
yank the damn thing out......aint gonna hurt a thing, plus, its better air flow for the 4 banger!!