Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

College Football

Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ouch!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #22
Caro-bama alliance
wareaglesc88 is on a distinguished road
wareaglesc88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Even when they're undefeated they're on the outside looking in.
Yeah, 2004 with us, and 2006 with Boise State, show how poor the BCS system is. Two teams that went undefeated and never had a chance for a share or all of the title.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #23
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True football fans never sell student tickets for profit!
Well I don't really watch sports. The only sport I really watch is soccer (and only Europeans, US soccer sucks (flamesuit: ON.)) Making like $500 from selling student tickets doesn't mean anything to me except that I'm $500 richer.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #24
mgb2
mbarr is on a distinguished road
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
Georgia Bulldogs all the way!!!!
We'll be ranked #1 or #2 but have an extremely tough schedule with all the hardest games being away games, so we'll wait and see.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #25
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm glad.
i'm gonna punch you in your wig
Old 07-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #26
bigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the rough
bigguy78619's Tacoma Gallery
USC, best recruiting class in 07
Old 07-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #27
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
West Virginia Mountaineers, if I'm not mistaken we beat up on the SEC and the Big 12 in the last 3 years, Y'all need to learn we here in the East play for keeps. Boo yow !!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #28
Caro-bama alliance
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
West Virginia Mountaineers, if I'm not mistaken we beat up on the SEC and the Big 12 in the last 3 years, Y'all need to learn we here in the East play for keeps. Boo yow !!
Y'all play tough. I'll be in hopefully be in Morgantown for our game in October, so we'll see the results.

The SEC is still, as a whole, top to bottom, the best in the nation, regardless of how individual teams play vs other conferences.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:33 AM   #29
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareaglesc88 View Post
Y'all play tough. I'll be in hopefully be in Morgantown for our game in October, so we'll see the results.

The SEC is still, as a whole, top to bottom, the best in the nation, regardless of how individual teams play vs other conferences.
Yes you are right, it is a scary conference to play, you have a great tradition. I would only hope the Big East would play you guys more, it only makes us better. Now with the huge coaching change that went sour this could be an ugly time for us. I'll be watching.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #30
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say this, but Oklahoma is running a semi-pro football team up there in North Texas. They are deeper than a whore on nickle night with speed to burn.

A lot of great SEC teams, but it's the SEC. They will cancel each other out.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #31
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi
I hate that SEC teams haven't done well in bowl games recently... it seems that they just don't 'get up' for bowl season for some reason. Still, help me remember the last Big East team that won the title...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
A lot of great SEC teams, but it's the SEC. They will cancel each other out.
That's the worst part about being in the SEC in a world where the BCS system rules. LSU got into the game last year w/ 2 losses, somehow, but generally the tough conference schedule of even the best SEC teams can beat them down. I'd put the SEC champion up against the #1 team in the nation any day.

It must be nice to be a great team in a mostly meidocre conference. (Right now I'd settle for being a good team in the SEC again!)

Unrelated note: Notre Dame should join a conference... sissies!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #32
Caro-bama alliance
Exactly... SEC teams rarely have a record 'worthy' of a national title bid, BUT it's because we have to play eachother in the regular season!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #33
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
OU Sooner fan here. If we can remember how to win big games again, i think we have a legit shot at the NC.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #34

Quote:
I hate that SEC teams haven't done well in bowl games recently... it seems that they just don't 'get up' for bowl season for some reason. Still, help me remember the last Big East team that won the title...

That's the worst part about being in the SEC in a world where the BCS system rules. LSU got into the game last year w/ 2 losses, somehow, but generally the tough conference schedule of even the best SEC teams can beat them down. I'd put the SEC champion up against the #1 team in the nation any day.

It must be nice to be a great team in a mostly meidocre conference. (Right now I'd settle for being a good team in the SEC again!)

Unrelated note: Notre Dame should join a conference... sissies!
Yeah we had a shot and choked, hmmm a national champ from the big east, I'm thinking Penn state was the last one.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #35
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
WVU baby....

LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #36
It is what it is.
08TRD-TX is on a distinguished road

08TRD-TX's Tacoma Gallery
Texas Longhorns !!!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #38
danding is on a distinguished road
Air Force: ROTC DET. 310 LSU
Name: Daniel
danding's Tacoma Gallery
LSU tigers all the way.
Sabans players might be out but they still have good guys
like holliday especially
Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #39
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Go Cornhuskers ! Bo Pellini is back, will it help?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #40
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
Go Cornhuskers ! Bo Pellini is back, will it help?
A little, They have a lot of rebuilding to do especially since teams like missouri and Kansas have really stepped up their program the past couple of years. Give Nebraska a couple of years.....