Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

College Football

Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #481
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
You know what play didn't get enough attention in my opinion? The pass play before the game winner, the reciever went down hard and you could tell he was hurting bad but if he stayed down they would have burned a time out and lost momentum...he made himself get up on his own and hobble back to the line...that's heart...can't teach that.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #483
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
go SEC
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #484
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
SInce Chokelahoma has lost another BCS game I want to hear ESPN destroy Bob Stoops. 0-5 his last 5 BCS games including 2 championship losses.. As much as Ohio State and Jim Tressel get ripped for their BCS transgressions (and rightfullly so) then Stoops and Oklahoma deserve it just as much! Congratulations Gators and the SEC and yes this is coming from a lifelong Buckeye....
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #485
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT24 View Post
SInce Chokelahoma has lost another BCS game I want to hear ESPN destroy Bob Stoops. 0-5 his last 5 BCS games including 2 championship losses.. As much as Ohio State and Jim Tressel get ripped for their BCS transgressions (and rightfullly so) then Stoops and Oklahoma deserve it just as much! Congratulations Gators and the SEC and yes this is coming from a lifelong Buckeye....
nuff said. Barry Switzer he is not!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #486
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery

....again. Never gets old.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #488
CK91 is on a distinguished road
CK91's Tacoma Gallery
Ole Miss Rebels all they way..can't wait 'till next year. And im pretty sure ole miss beat florida this year too, their only loss. SEC is by far the best conference as well
Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 AM   #489
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
no question who #1 is. Utah should be #2
Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #490
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Top to bottom, SEC was definitely better then the Big 12. Texas struggled with Ohio st. Texas Tech Lost, I think Missouri lost also. Now Oklahoma lost also.

Bob Stoops did piss poor coaching job, they should have kept the tempo up on offense. Instead they always gave Florida time to rest cause Bradford would get everybody ready then look at the sidelines and then snap the ball after another 20 seconds. That's plenty of time to rest for athletes. Meyer and Tebow are excellent together, hopefully Tebow sticks around one more year. It would be a treat for any college football fan to watch him for another year. He will dissapear in the NFL, he's not an NFL QB (Stafford is IMO) that's why I would like to see him stick around for another year.

Stoops is a decent coach, but he wins on talent, to consistently win BCS titles you need good coaching and good talent.

How the hell did he get that job in the first place?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #491
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Well...

Congrats UF, it was nice getting another NC for the SEC.

Pretty sure I'm already calling it quits on next season with both Stafford and Knowshon out...Peach Bowl here comes the Dawgs.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #492
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
Well...

Congrats UF, it was nice getting another NC for the SEC.

Pretty sure I'm already calling it quits on next season with both Stafford and Knowshon out...Peach Bowl here comes the Dawgs.

yeah, that was bad news.

but, dont guess that i can blame them for leaving.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #493
Doomsday Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1012 View Post
but, dont guess that i can blame them for leaving.
I can...Some say Stafford will be the first pick...what would you rather do, sign an 8 year contract with the Lions or play for a National Championship?

Hearing Knowshon was leaving sucked, but it was more expected and I think Caleb King and Richard Samuel will be able to hold down the fort, much the same way Greg Lumpkin and Thomas Brown did...but Stafford leaving hurts. Who is going to be calling plays next year? Joe Cox? Logan Grey the punt returner?...hell, we might as well bring back Joe Terischinski III because that worked out presumambly better then anything we can do next year.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #494
Go Braves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
I can...Some say Stafford will be the first pick...what would you rather do, sign an 8 year contract with the Lions or play for a National Championship?

Hearing Knowshon was leaving sucked, but it was more expected and I think Caleb King and Richard Samuel will be able to hold down the fort, much the same way Greg Lumpkin and Thomas Brown did...but Stafford leaving hurts. Who is going to be calling plays next year? Joe Cox? Logan Grey the punt returner?...hell, we might as well bring back Joe Terischinski III because that worked out presumambly better then anything we can do next year.
i would say forget joe cox and go ahead and put in a freshman.....what about the aaron murray guy? he's suppose to be a hotshot isnt he??

either way.......if we dont get any better coaching (not richt)...but say, a new def coordinator, then it really doesnt matter.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #495
South Carolina Member
tjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant future

Name: TJ
tjgraner09's Tacoma Gallery
cant go with carolina
Old 01-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #496
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
You can't really blame anybody for leaving, ever. Would you have quit school early if you were guaranteed millions of dollars? Kids that are projected high in the draft would be foolish not to leave early.

I hate it for our teams, I really do. Our O-line and running back group will be weaker next year b/c of the draft... but I can't blame these kids for jumping out. In a single year, many of them will make more than any of us in an entire lifetime. I think blaming the kids for leaving early is selfish.