LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show us your camping set ups

Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #22
NicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud of
Name: Nic
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
What's the advantage for off the ground camping? I camp every year. I just could never figure it out. Is it to keep the predators away? Floods?

I only have to worry about snakes in my state and the occasional bear in PA. Once camp is set up I always end up going for a drive to collect wood or supplies.
At the lake, getting off the ground=no sand blown into your tent and no tracking sand in your tent. Also saw some rattlers this last trip.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #23
NicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud of
Name: Nic
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
^not ghetto. I think that's awesome.
Thanks a lot! We always get a lot of people asking us about it and pointing at the lake in NE and South Padre in TX when we set it up. When we 1st started doing it (10 years ago) I had never heard of RTT's. Now I woulodlike one but the $ seems way to much.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Those tent in or on trucks are neat... but, I do day trips out from camp and you cant be four wheeling without taking down the tent,etc.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #25
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
So, here is the loaded Tacoma arriving at the edge of the beach...

We drive two miles up the beach to our spot in the dunes...

Two friends join us for 4th of July weekend (Art in a 4WD van/ motorhome and Ken in a Rubicon Jeep).

The Tacoma loves deep, bottomless sand (at 15 psi)!

We love easy camping...

Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #27

David K's Tacoma Gallery
De nada Jason... el gusto es mio!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #28
hatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhatch017 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
hatch017's Tacoma Gallery
New sleeping platform setup