Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Ultimate Camping Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #4402
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
My RTT is not "elk proof" I know this will be a problem for me in the future...

Crossbow
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #4403
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Hey how comfortable or uncomfortable is that mattress pad in the RTT? I'm thinking about buying a 3" memory foam topper to put in mine.
hmmm...not sure it would be safe to stuff that much in there. You might put too much stress on the hinges...
I'm a side sleeper and the 1st trip I did notice that my hip and shoulder were feeling a little sore the next day. This time around I took my thermarest self inflating mattress along and slept like a baby!
The mattress is fairly comfortable though

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Crossbow
NO! Besides that would be a felony I believe...I was in Yellowstone Park, no hunting allowed there!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #4405
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My RTT is not "elk proof" I know this will be a problem for me in the future...
Awesome view!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #4406
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmmm...not sure it would be safe to stuff that much in there. You might put too much stress on the hinges...
I'm a side sleeper and the 1st trip I did notice that my hip and shoulder were feeling a little sore the next day. This time around I took my thermarest self inflating mattress along and slept like a baby!
The mattress is fairly comfortable though

NO! Besides that would be a felony I believe...I was in Yellowstone Park, no hunting allowed there!
My mistake, wasn't aware of the area you were in. I do hunt for food though.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #4407
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
You have some bad ass camp sites Lisa, lucky you!!!!
That's not even one of the "good" ones
But I was in Yelly so it can't be bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Awesome view!
Yup! Interesting walk to the bathroom too! A couple of the elk (30+ migrated through camp) grunted at me on the way to the potty, guess I got a little too close, so I opted to take the long route back to avoid them Then about 10 or so wandered fairly close to my tent once I returned. They didn't even notice me up there! I just sat and took pics as they grazed their way past me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
My mistake, wasn't aware of the area you were in. I do hunt for food though.
I'm OK with hunting for food. Hunting strictly for trophy is a problem though.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #4408
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I was in the park, they didn't seem all that concerned about where they wandered
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #4409
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Our RTT showed up at my office today! Can't wait to get it set up and hit the woods!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #4410

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Why come you no buy CVT during the group buy?

Love mine, just got back from trip # 4
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #4411
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I didn't have the money at the time and I didn't know that CVT had the annex like Tepui until after the fact. Our first trip is July 3rd. I just hope I get the bed rack welded and everything setup by then.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #4412
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had the time to read this thread, what's y'all recommendation for a decent backpack under 150. Prolly wont do trips over 5-6 days.

Also a two man tent for hiking as well as a good 4-6 person for truck camping.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #4413
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery

Montbell Jupiter Dome, 3 man 4 season tent under 7 pounds. I think I've talked about it before in here. Trying to sell it, new it was 1100. Literally made for everest. I've had it out in 80mph winds and -40 temps and its a champ. Make an offer if you'd like, but I can't let it go for nothing, I'd rather just hold onto it if I can't get what I want out.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #4414
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
I haven't had the time to read this thread, what's y'all recommendation for a decent backpack under 150. Prolly wont do trips over 5-6 days.

Also a two man tent for hiking as well as a good 4-6 person for truck camping.
If you are a smaller statured person I would suggest looking at Deuter packs. The futura pro 42 has been my go to pack for trips up to 5 days. The ACT models are nice if you are looking to drop a few lbs from the pack itself.

I won't provide my opinion on tents since I switched years ago to a hammock.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #4415
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
If you are a smaller statured person I would suggest looking at Deuter packs. The futura pro 42 has been my go to pack for trips up to 5 days. The ACT models are nice if you are looking to drop a few lbs from the pack itself.

I won't provide my opinion on tents since I switched years ago to a hammock.
Ok thanks ill give that a look, and ya in 5'6 so that may work. What hammock do you use?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #4416
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
Ok thanks ill give that a look, and ya in 5'6 so that may work. What hammock do you use?
I'm same height & as stated love Deuter packs. I have a Warbonnet Blackbird and use a hammock gear winter burrow top quilt and a hammock gear 0 degree incubator under quilt

Look on www.backcountry.com at the Deuter packs, I believe some are on sale right now plus you can't beat their return policy. If at ANY time you are unsatisfied, 20 days from now or 10 years from now, you can return the product for a full refund.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #4417
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Our RTT showed up at my office today! Can't wait to get it set up and hit the woods!
Tepui is a great tent, I have the Ayer myself after downsizing from the Kukenam
Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #4418
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Tepui is a great tent, I have the Ayer myself after downsizing from the Kukenam
Nice! I can't wait to get my bed rack from Allpro so that I can get this thing on the truck. My wife and I are pretty excited about it.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #4419
Gamecock Tacos

I was looking at the Napier truck tents. Who all has one?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #4420
hickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
hickorylarge's Tacoma Gallery

Just got a killer deal on this shell... wanted a bestop but I got this thing for $190 so I couldn't pass it up. Havn't camped in it yet, need to clean it and replace the weather stripping but should be ready to camp in a week or two. My next step will be to build a sleeping platform.... we will see how that goes.

Products Discussed in this Thread