Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #4701
mrad is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: aviation maintenance tech
Name: michael
mrad's Tacoma Gallery

ginnie springs florida great diving/river floating/rope swing/partyin
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #4702
McElroy is just really niceMcElroy is just really niceMcElroy is just really niceMcElroy is just really niceMcElroy is just really nice
Navy: Recon Corpsman
Name: Matt
McElroy's Tacoma Gallery
Been a long time since I have been to the Springs looking forward to a trip now that it is cooling off.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #4703
mrad is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: aviation maintenance tech
Name: michael
mrad's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man it was a great time def gonna go back soon.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #4704
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Random question, but does anyone know the website that has roughly 30 min sales on outdoor items.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #4706
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleFool View Post
Random question, but does anyone know the website that has roughly 30 min sales on outdoor items.
steepandcheap
Old 10-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #4707
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
steepandcheap
Thank you both!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #4708
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for a little input on a new way of camping. Unless I am with my family I have gotten myself down to everything I need fitting into my Eureka Blacjack. I prefer to use a tarp to sleep on and my Kelty Noah Tarp overhead. So I've slept a few times outside and rather enjoy it.

Here's my question. I have my annual camping trip with friends where we are without families or resposibilities and this year I have deceided to take one of my dogs with me. Besides food, dish, water, leash, tie out, etc. what will I need for him? He has a single coat and the weather is supposed to get down around freezing both nights. He won't fit in my mummy bag with me, I barely fit in it myself. Should I buy a kids bag for him or will a decent blanket do the job? We will be staying in the same place the entire trip and Dozer is about 20-25lbs.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #4709
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
Here's my question. I have my annual camping trip with friends where we are without families or resposibilities and this year I have deceided to take one of my dogs with me. Besides food, dish, water, leash, tie out, etc. what will I need for him? He has a single coat and the weather is supposed to get down around freezing both nights. He won't fit in my mummy bag with me, I barely fit in it myself. Should I buy a kids bag for him or will a decent blanket do the job? We will be staying in the same place the entire trip and Dozer is about 20-25lbs.

Thanks.
Riley's 100+ pounds. He has a blanket and thermal pad to sleep on. The pad is just like a therma-rest and came from the REI bargain bin. The blanket is a moving blanket. He sleeps in the truck (he owns the backseat ).

I'd think a small kids sleeping bag would work too. Just remember to get something warmer. Little dogs seem to have a harder time staying warm so anything you can do to help Dozer stay warm-like a sweater or something, would be good.

Except for the blanket, I keep food, a food dish (there's a water dish in the back seat all the time), a couple of tennis balls and bumper for him to play with. I also have a small bag with first aid supplies in the off chance something happens-something to make him vomit, some wrap & gauze, tick tweezers, thing to look in his ears and some cotton balls and stuff to dry out his ears. A leash, tie-out and that's about it.

HTH.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #4710
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Riley's 100+ pounds. He has a blanket and thermal pad to sleep on. The pad is just like a therma-rest and came from the REI bargain bin. The blanket is a moving blanket. He sleeps in the truck (he owns the backseat ).

I'd think a small kids sleeping bag would work too. Just remember to get something warmer. Little dogs seem to have a harder time staying warm so anything you can do to help Dozer stay warm-like a sweater or something, would be good.

Except for the blanket, I keep food, a food dish (there's a water dish in the back seat all the time), a couple of tennis balls and bumper for him to play with. I also have a small bag with first aid supplies in the off chance something happens-something to make him vomit, some wrap & gauze, tick tweezers, thing to look in his ears and some cotton balls and stuff to dry out his ears. A leash, tie-out and that's about it.

HTH.
Actually this does help. I almost forgot first aid stuff and a sleeping pad. I think he has some sort of cold weather jacket that the wife bought him, so I'll take that with us too. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #4711
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
After harassing many a TW member for their love of "the dip" I have broken down and joined in on the fad.

I was tired of having to hold on to my BBQ to keep if from wandering away when I was cooking in camp so I got some plastidip for my ALPS aluminum table. Hopefully it will help keep things in place! I'm sure it will get scuffed and dinged pretty quickly but its just camping gear it doesn't need to be fancy, just functional
A quick before & after.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #4712
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going camping in Sequoia NP again and then heading to mammoth next month. Well be camping the first half of the week and then finishing the week in a cabin or something. Anyone have any suggestions for either, ohv trails, hiking, etc cool places to stop along the way? 've got dogs any suggestions? We usually go to tahoe and have found a bunch of places to go hiking/snowshoeing with the dogs but decided to change it up this year.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #4713
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Sequoia and then Mammoth? Not so sure about the OHV as both those areas can get quite a bit of snow. In Sequoia, Moro Rock is always a nice hike and you are rewarded with a view of seven different mountain ranges leading out to the coast. I think my favorite hike is probably the Big Trees and the Congress trail. Almost all of the trails are fairly short but you won't be able to take the dogs
Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #4714
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow! Sequoia and then Mammoth? Not so sure about the OHV as both those areas can get quite a bit of snow. In Sequoia, Moro Rock is always a nice hike and you are rewarded with a view of seven different mountain ranges leading out to the coast. I think my favorite hike is probably the Big Trees and the Congress trail. Almost all of the trails are fairly short but you won't be able to take the dogs
Lol Yeah itll be a drive Yeah , i'm not sure how trails we'll be doing, depends on snowfall. Last year we were able to do a bunch in sequoia, the snow was only about 2 feet deep. We found a few hiking trail to do with the dogs in the NF and I think one or two in the NP. I've done Big Trees and the Congress trail a few times, I'll have to check out moro rock.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #4715

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Lol Yeah itll be a drive Yeah , i'm not sure how trails we'll be doing, depends on snowfall. Last year we were able to do a bunch in sequoia, the snow was only about 2 feet deep. We found a few hiking trail to do with the dogs in the NF and I think one or two in the NP. I've done Big Trees and the Congress trail a few times, I'll have to check out moro rock.

Thanks
Two feet's not bad. The dog loves that too-he can still romp w/o getting stuck

Have you been to Deadman's near Mammoth? Not a lot of trails and parts of it are along the back way into Mammoth.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #4716

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Two feet's not bad. The dog loves that too-he can still romp w/o getting stuck

Have you been to Deadman's near Mammoth? Not a lot of trails and parts of it are along the back way into Mammoth.
My little guys follow my footsteps when it gets deep, they're about 30lbs, but my lab mix just plows through it. I think she likes it more when its deep.

I havent, I've never even been to mammoth. I'll check it out online, anything in particular there?
Old 10-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #4717

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I havent, I've never even been to mammoth. I'll check it out online, anything in particular there?
If you can, Devil's Postpile. However, it usually closes somewhere between now and November 1st. Snow really changes a lot but a drive up to the top of the road (203) puts you Devil's Postpile. There's an overlook just before that that is worth a stop-nice views of the Minarets. Off of Mary Lake Road, there are some cool lakes. In particular, Horseshoe. It's a reminder of the area's volcanic activity-they tell you that lingering in the low spots could result in your death There are several trails that lead to the high country. Again, winter usually closes the road to Horseshoe Lake.

Mammoth Hot Springs too.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #4719
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrad View Post

ginnie springs florida great diving/river floating/rope swing/partyin

I was just down there couple weekends ago. Engagement photos and some tubeing/snorkeling.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #4720
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
FYI everyone... smoking deal on the Kamp-Rite oversize tent cot. This is the big boy that you can sit up in and it fits the tall guys. I LOOOOOVE mine and use it all the time when I truck camp. Just make sure to waterproof it good before using it in heavy rain.

$151.99 is the cheapest I've ever seen it, and it's Prime if you're an Amazon member

http://www.amazon.com/Kamp-Rite-DTC4.../dp/B000I641UQ

The 3 in the back are the oversize (without rainflys installed). The one up front is the smaller Cabela's model without the higher ceiling.

Products Discussed in this Thread