LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Ultimate Camping Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #4741
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna get the son and his wife gift cards for camping stuff..Which do you prefer..Rei or dicks?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #4742
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Gonna get the son and his wife gift cards for camping stuff..Which do you prefer..Rei or dicks?

DEFINITELY REI over Dicks, and Backcountry.com over REI

Reason I say REI over Dicks is that REI's return policy is ridiculous in a good way. You can return any product at any time and receive a full refund. Plus if they become REI members, 10% of their purchases will be returned to them every year in the form of a REI dividend
Old 12-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #4743
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post

Reason I say REI over Dicks is that REI's return policy is ridiculous in a good way. You can return any product at any time and receive a full refund. Plus if they become REI members, 10% of their purchases will be returned to them every year in the form of a REI dividend

rei it is....thanks
Old 12-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #4744
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
rei, buy good stuff it will last you a lifetime

ive got the rei credit card that pretty much triples your dividend ill get at least a $400 dividend (new down bag for me this spring) my first down bag, ive been on the same synthetic for near 15 years

we put everything on our rei card utilities, gas, food ect.. of course we pay it off monthly
Old 12-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #4745
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
another REI recommendation here. Great stuff and their warranty is awesome.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #4746
velillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nice
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post

REI is great. But just know they recently changed their return policy to limit it to 1 year. Still an amazing return policy. No questions asked you can return it. used to be you could return 5 year old stuff but that was seriously just being taken advantage of. Knew people who would return well used gear.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #4747
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by velillen View Post
REI is great. But just know they recently changed their return policy to limit it to 1 year. Still an amazing return policy. No questions asked you can return it. used to be you could return 5 year old stuff but that was seriously just being taken advantage of. Knew people who would return well used gear.
I worked there for 1/2 a year after college in 2008. Someone returned a kayak purchased in 1994. Management gave them 2/3 of the cost since it was so old.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #4748
catattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to all
catattacksdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post

MtGirl, you put this up a while ago. Which tent is this? You like it?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #4749
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by catattacksdog View Post
Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Bachelor.

For what it's worth, the Tepui Kukenam and Howling Moon's Deluxe Roof Top Tent are pretty much the same.

It's worth looking at all of them. Oh, and BAMF is a reseller of the Tepui line as well.

This is the Tepui Kukenam in Siberian Camo. See the resemblance?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #4750
catattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to all
catattacksdog's Tacoma Gallery
They look very similar.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #4751
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post

For what it's worth, the Tepui Kukenam and Howling Moon's Deluxe Roof Top Tent are pretty much the same.

It's worth looking at all of them. Oh, and BAMF is a reseller of the Tepui line as well.

How are they in bad weather, wind/rain?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #4752
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They look very similar.
They are made in the same factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I haven't had mine out in the rain yet and only in light to moderate wind. So far, very happy.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #4753
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are made in the same factory

I haven't had mine out in the rain yet and only in light to moderate wind. So far, very happy.
If you remember let me know how it does in anything heavy, I've been curious about them. Is there a full rain fly, any way to attach guylines?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #4754

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you remember let me know how it does in anything heavy, I've been curious about them. Is there a full rain fly, any way to attach guylines?
There's no fly per se. Just what you see. The canvas is coated and I'd imagine that in all but a driving rain, you'd be OK.

There are no guy points. I have thought about adding something to the 'outside' part of the tent so it could be guyed. That and something to keep the ladder below the tent.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:42 AM   #4755
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got the Bachelor...LOVE IT!
I started a product review thread specifically for the CVT RTT's
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...top-tents.html

Quote:

Yes, they all look similar but each brand has some differences. I believe CVT has the heaviest canvas and they are the only ones who include the annex room in the base price of the tents.
I believe there is going to be another CVT group buy in February or March too.

Quote:
I got stuck in a lot of rain this past summer - I think I had 2 dry trips out of 14
The tent did great overall. The downside is that if you pack up wet you need to find a time and place to set it up again and let it dry out.
I was in some pretty severe storms and have no complaints about the rain. The tent shed the water, no problem. Wind can be a little tricky. The truck will rock and sway in the wind so you need to get used to that feeling. And I was in one bad storm and hadn't chosen my site very well when a wind gust tried to close the tent up while I was inside. I learned to pick my sites a little better after that.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #4756

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post

Yes, they all look similar but each brand has some differences. I believe CVT has the heaviest canvas and they are the only ones who include the annex room in the base price of the tents.
I created a spreadsheet (which I posted) comparing features using the manufacturers specs from their websites. At the time I did my comparison, the annex wasn't included in the price of the CVT. It's about $200 for the Tepui so a definite plus for the CVT. The other thing you will want to compare is the cost of shipping (which can be around $150 depending). Shipping is what did it for me since Tepui is about 45m drive for me.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #4757
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a video from my last bushcraft outing. I promise there will be a section in his video that will make you dizzy. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWVi6o44zWU
Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #4758
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Camping season is quickly approaching, anybody have any recommendations for camp stoves for 2+ people.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #4759
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Coleman
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #4760
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
It's known all over the off roading community that REI funds organizations that want to shut down off roading all over the US. I will never contribute a single cent to that company.

Products Discussed in this Thread