Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Ultimate Camping Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #4761
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
It's known all over the off roading community that REI funds organizations that want to shut down off roading all over the US. I will never contribute a single cent to that company.
Almost any company you buy outdoor gear from, including the manufacturer, contribute to groups like the Sierra Club or PEER.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:53 AM   #4762
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Almost any company you buy outdoor gear from, including the manufacturer, contribute to groups like the Sierra Club or PEER.
True, only exception may be Nemo since the owner is an avid Overland guy and designed and manufactures the tents for the JK Habitat.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #4763
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post
Camping season is quickly approaching, anybody have any recommendations for camp stoves for 2+ people.
Car camping-Coleman duel burner stove.
Backpacking-jet boil slightly heavy but reliable and boils in less than 1 min while using little fuel.
Or make your own using denatured alchol and a cat can stove. Prob the lightest option and will cost u less than $8.00.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #4764
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
welp... got a $50 gift certificate to Bass Pro.... what to spend it on... hmm... camping gear... or a new fishing reel.... hmmm.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #4765
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
welp... got a $50 gift certificate to Bass Pro.... what to spend it on... hmm... camping gear... or a new fishing reel.... hmmm.
Fishing!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #4766
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
hunting. i could use some new broadheads
Old 02-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #4767
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #4768
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fishing!
that is exactly what I did! Got a Shimano Sedona 2500 reel to put on my ugly stick!

watch out fishies!!! I'm coming for you this year!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #4770
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...BC%3BIK-580527

anyone use or seen this tent in person?

Havn't seen it in person, but looking at the pics, it looks like the floor seams are on the edge of the floor and walls. Not good for rainy camping.

Look for a tent that has the seams on the wall, meaning the floor extends past the floor and crawls up the wall a few inches.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #4771
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
These look interesting. I would like to see how they do in high winds though - I'd be nervous since you don't have a solid support to resist the wind.
http://www.kelty.com/p-733-mach-4.as...airpitch-tents

Old 02-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #4772

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
These look interesting. I would like to see how they do in high winds though - I'd be nervous since you don't have a solid support to resist the wind.
People seem to like the Nemo version of those. Although I worry about waking up to a collapsed tent.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #4773
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Havn't seen it in person, but looking at the pics, it looks like the floor seams are on the edge of the floor and walls. Not good for rainy camping.

Look for a tent that has the seams on the wall, meaning the floor extends past the floor and crawls up the wall a few inches.

It says it has a tub floor ... I need to see this tent in person
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #4774
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It says it has a tub floor ... I need to see this tent in person
Yea, it may be better to see in person. Hard to tell with the pics.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #4775

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
http://www.kelty.com/p-733-mach-4.as...airpitch-tents

Kelty makes great tents, IMO. I have had many tents (Coleman, Hilary, Kelty), and the Kelty's are by far the best without spending over $1k.

I recently got the Kelty Hula House. Trippy design, but the hula hoop makes the walls vertical, which is surprisingly nice to be able to actually stand, and walk around a small 4-6 person tent.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #4776
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Lurking around here for a bit now.
Anybody ever use Alps Mountaineering?
I have become a huge fan/consumer of their products. The tents simply can't be beat and I have bought and trashed just about every brand out there.
Just throwing that out there.

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/alps/products/tents

imo, these are absolutely the best tent for the money.
For years with Other Brand tents I had to bring tarps to keep the thing dry in the rain. Not anymore.

I have two of their tents currently, The Taurus outfitter in a 2 man size, bought last season and very happy with it.
http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/al...r#.Uwewe_ldV8E

The other has been discontinued, it was the Alaskan model and has been used in a blizzard with 18" of snow for a week. The poles alone are 1" in dia. Dry as a bone and wind is not a problem at all. This tent is approaching 8 years in age and looks like new still.
The replacement for it is the same Taurus outfitter in the 5 man size.

I have used a few Kelty's, their not bad, best for backpacking imho.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #4777
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
People seem to like the Nemo version of those. Although I worry about waking up to a collapsed tent.
Nemo makes awesome stuff.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #4778
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kelty makes great tents, IMO. I have had many tents (Coleman, Hilary, Kelty), and the Kelty's are by far the best without spending over $1k.

I recently got the Kelty Hula House. Trippy design, but the hula hoop makes the walls vertical, which is surprisingly nice to be able to actually stand, and walk around a small 4-6 person tent.
Before I got the RTT I was a diehard Kelty fan. I still have my ground tent should I ever need it again. It's gotten a lot of use and still looks new. Plus I just liked their simple designs, made it very easy to set up /take down.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #4779
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...BC%3BIK-580527

anyone use or seen this tent in person?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Quote:

THIS IS A BAD ASS TENT
Old 02-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #4780
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Joe how soon are you looking to buy?

Last March/April I got myself a real nice Kelty Gunnison Pro tent for ~$120 from Cabelas, normally they ran $300.. I'm guessing they were trying to move the previous year models fast. If you have some time I'd wait for what spring brings..

Products Discussed in this Thread