LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Truck stuff vs. gun stuff vs. savings account.

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Alarm 4 6.45%
AR-15 27 43.55%
Savings 31 50.00%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Red face Truck stuff vs. gun stuff vs. savings account.

I'm at a crossroad. What would you do?

Buy a nice alarm system...

Start building a 5.56 AR-15...

Save the money...
Old 10-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
save it, put towards lower the rear of your truck more.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
save it, put towards lower the rear of your truck more.
Oh, haha that's already in the budget and should be done by Wednesday.

So if it said "sweet new camera" instead of AR-15, would you still vote save it?
Old 10-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.

The AR-15 lower...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=351619
Old 10-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.

I tend to buy myself something nice very frequently though.

I bought 2 guns this year. lol
Old 10-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Sunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: RC
Sunburst's Tacoma Gallery
Buy the gun while you still can and before the police state makes it too difficult, it will be a worthy investment...
Old 10-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
The Wombat is on a distinguished road
The Wombat's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say gun - but only if you don't already have a pistol already. if not, get the handgun and a couple hundred rounds. ar is cool - i'm on my way to getting one as well, but you can't carry it everywhere with you. you can only protect yourself with the AR when you have it with you. the pistol is much easier to bring with you. no doubt the AR out performs the handgun in every way, but it's no good for defense if you're not carrying it.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
Mob parking lots.

I have a Mossberg 500 tacitcool shotgun and an XD .40.

I want the AR for when shit hits the fan and/or the Necropalypse.

24 voters, nobody voted alarm. lol awesome. You guys know I live in San Diego right?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
USNavyEOD is on a distinguished road
Navy: EOD Tech
Name: Mike
USNavyEOD's Tacoma Gallery
San Diego? In that case...FLAMETHROWER!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #13
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Start working on a fund to move the hell out of California.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a much cheaper lower than that... I went with a stag arms for my build, came with magpul enhanced trigger guard, 6 pos stock, houge grips, and 2 magpull window mags.... think I paid like 3ish for it.

check out bravo company too, they have some sweet deals, and have awesome stuff. I've got a bravo upper, and I shoot the poo outta it.

I'd go with the guns, people are only gonna get more panicked as time moves on, so you might as well snatch 'em up while they are cheap....

Are you looking for an AR specifically? Or just an assault rifle? You may consider ak47, WAY cheaper than AR, cheaper to shoot, better ballistic profiles...
Old 10-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
Guns and Fun Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guns and Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: g
meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
what good is the alarm if you don't have an AR-15 to shoot your thief with? (:
Old 10-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What's your financial status? Do you have any debt? Do you already have a nice savings account set aside? Do you have any responsibilities - house, kids, family, etc?

If you are financially stable (no debt, no credit card bills, no loans, etc) and already have a nice savings set aside.... then by all means, you should already know that you can afford to buy some toys.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendedfamily View Post
You can get a much cheaper lower than that... I went with a stag arms for my build, came with magpul enhanced trigger guard, 6 pos stock, houge grips, and 2 magpull window mags.... think I paid like 3ish for it.

check out bravo company too, they have some sweet deals, and have awesome stuff. I've got a bravo upper, and I shoot the poo outta it.

I'd go with the guns, people are only gonna get more panicked as time moves on, so you might as well snatch 'em up while they are cheap....

Are you looking for an AR specifically? Or just an assault rifle? You may consider ak47, WAY cheaper than AR, cheaper to shoot, better ballistic profiles...
Is it a 223 or a 5.56?
Pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
What's your financial status? Do you have any debt? Do you already have a nice savings account set aside? Do you have any responsibilities - house, kids, family, etc?

If you are financially stable (no debt, no credit card bills, no loans, etc) and already have a nice savings set aside.... then by all means, you should already know that you can afford to buy some toys.
No kids or anything like that. My debt is my truck loan, under $10k.

I really want the AR lower, but I think I should just hold off since I already have 2 firearms. :sigh:
Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Is it a 223 or a 5.56?
Pics?

I really want the AR lower, but I think I should just hold off since I already have 2 firearms. :sigh:
Save it or make an extra truck payment. Once that truck is paid off you'll have the payment amount per month more in your account....And then you can save up or whatever to get the AR lower you want.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Is it a 223 or a 5.56?
Pics?

only 2?

get with the program!!!

I bought my first 3 years ago and I'm up to about triple that with another on the way