Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Any runners here on TacomaWorld?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Any runners here on TacomaWorld?

Are there any runners here on TacomaWorld?

Both pictures were taken at the Gate River Run. It is a 9.3 mile course that goes over the Main Street Bridge crossing the St Johns and then the Hart Bridge coming back over.
Here's the Main Street Bridge

And the Hart Bridge(nicknamed the Green Monster). This past race in March the winds were gusting to 40 mph!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a piss-poor excuse for one missile but I run....6 miles yesterday,3 miles today,about 12 miles a week.I was doing Tri's for a number of years but got out of it this year.Running was always my weak point but I trudge along anyways.3 years ago I did a half marathon in 2.5 hours but I got 'er in.

Great shots btw.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division
Clelsdah is on a distinguished road

Clelsdah's Tacoma Gallery
I do something that looks like running... only slower! 3-4 times a week 40+ minutes each. Most I've done is 18+ miles in three legs of the Providian Relay from St Helena to Santa Cruz, CA (200 miles). Only good part of a run is when its over!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
I get up to six miles. My SWAT commander is a psychopath that thinks six miles is a suitable test of endurance. Im trying to explain to him that I cant bench a house AND run six miles at the same time, but it's been fruitless thus far.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
eewwwrrpp
resfireman30 is on a distinguished road

Army: Sgt. 1st battailon 185th Avn Bde
resfireman30's Tacoma Gallery
runner here try to run atleast 20 a week but uh yeah it usually ends up like 15 now that im home
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
DanS06Tacoma is on a distinguished road
DanS06Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Half Marathon on Aug 17th

just putting in my last 10-12 nasty days of training and then ramping down. Looking to go about a buck forty for the Half here in Edmonton. 1st half is nasty hills in the river valley and then halfway it stays up out of the valley and turns into a sprint.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I've been known to run to the store to get some beer.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 AM   #9
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
I'm a piss-poor excuse for one missile but I run....6 miles yesterday,3 miles today,about 12 miles a week.I was doing Tri's for a number of years but got out of it this year.Running was always my weak point but I trudge along anyways.3 years ago I did a half marathon in 2.5 hours but I got 'er in.

Great shots btw.
That's how I explain it, Trudging along! You've got those guys that are born that way, with long legs and weight 160lbs, that floats like a feather. Then you have me. 200lbs of brick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
I'm a runner! Just got in minutes ago from a 12 miler actually.
I wish I could do 12 in a day! I feel lucky to have done my 4 earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clelsdah View Post
I do something that looks like running... only slower! 3-4 times a week 40+ minutes each. Most I've done is 18+ miles in three legs of the Providian Relay from St Helena to Santa Cruz, CA (200 miles). Only good part of a run is when its over!!!
I agree with ya there. Damn it feels good when its done. Where's my beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
I get up to six miles. My SWAT commander is a psychopath that thinks six miles is a suitable test of endurance. Im trying to explain to him that I cant bench a house AND run six miles at the same time, but it's been fruitless thus far.
You can't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by resfireman30 View Post
runner here try to run atleast 20 a week but uh yeah it usually ends up like 15 now that im home
If I can get in 12-15, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS06Tacoma View Post
just putting in my last 10-12 nasty days of training and then ramping down. Looking to go about a buck forty for the Half here in Edmonton. 1st half is nasty hills in the river valley and then halfway it stays up out of the valley and turns into a sprint.
There's noway in hell that I'll ever do a marathon. A half maybe but 26 miles, ummmm, no! Good luck in your half marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I've been known to run to the store to get some beer.
Now that's what I'm talking about!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i used to be a runner...i was running 10+ miles a day 6 days a week back in high school...my senior year i started having a lot of pain in my knees...turned out i had stretched my tendons out and my kneecaps were rubbing the cartilage down...i was told i had to quit and i spent the next 6 months rehabbing...now i just try to run a couple miles a few days a week...if i do much more my knees start getting sore
Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I wear a pistol. I do not have to run.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i used to be a runner...i was running 10+ miles a day 6 days a week back in high school...my senior year i started having a lot of pain in my knees...turned out i had stretched my tendons out and my kneecaps were rubbing the cartilage down...i was told i had to quit and i spent the next 6 months rehabbing...now i just try to run a couple miles a few days a week...if i do much more my knees start getting sore
Damn, that sucks! I can't run everyday. My knees really start to hurt if I do. I've never been seen about it though. I just had some Physical Therepy done on my ankles. I forget what its called but there is a band that holds all the tendons in place. My ankle was so sore from it. But, the only time it hurts is if I touch it, so I don't touch it!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #13
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I just run on the treadmill about 3 miles a day. Not hardcore like the rest of you. But it's good friggin exercise that's for damn sure. The best thing is the "high" I get when I stop.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I ran once...

...actually, I will be running the Rock'n'Roll marathon in San Antonio with my company. This will be my first. I plan on taking up quite a few more as I get back into shape, but its gonna take some work.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I ran once...

...actually, I will be running the Rock'n'Roll marathon in San Antonio with my company. This will be my first. I plan on taking up quite a few more as I get back into shape, but its gonna take some work.

Great first one....Good luck,have fun and train smart.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #16
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS06Tacoma View Post

Sounds like a fun course with lots to see! My first half was in Houston. I went 1:26!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #17
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Great first one....Good luck,have fun and train smart.
Thanks. Will do.