1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need fire light suggestions

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by fireturk41, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Nov 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    Im wiring up fire lights in my tow rig and need suggestions for the front.

sofar i have a Whelen Dual Avenger type light in the bottom center of dash.(Red/White)
    2 Whelen tir 3s in the lower bumper (red)
    and i feel as if i need something more toward the middle, i cant fit anything in the grill because of dodges design so i was thinking maybe cornerlights or fog lights? (alternating lights in headlights is illegal in NC so itd hafta be corner lights)

I was thinking either strobes, wig-wags or LED strobes but i want opinions, i need something to grab attention in daylight

thanks yall, when im done i can post vids on the light in both the Taco and the Tow rig

2. Nov 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    quick question, got everything mounted but how do you make whelen tir3s alternate, i figured out how to change the pattern but not alternate

3. Nov 26, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    save your money man. sounds like you have plenty on lights up front. i used to be a volly FF and had all sorts of lights. then i got a new truck and didnt put any on it except one strobe in front and one in back for when i got on scene. it increased my response time to most parts of the town by less than a minute. plus i felt unsafe when cars would pull over in front of me in all sorts of ways.

4. Nov 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    nah aint got too much up front, ive got one Dual Talon Knock off in the dash and 2 whelen tir3's in the grill. i just need to figure out how to make them alternate lol

the taco had too much though, i had, keyword, had 4 dash lights, 2 tir3s in the grill, 2 strobes in the corners and that was just the front, i sold all the dash lights for a profit of 120 from what i payed for em lol

Products Discussed in

To Top