Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Nascar Fans!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #21
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
anybody see carl edwards' race?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #22
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
anybody see carl edwards' race?
yeah a couple more of those back flips and he'll be out for the season
Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
you consider that ammo? someone posted that they were a flaming rainbow warrior fan
yeah.........i cant stand 24 either!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #24
miss south !! haha!!
rocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nicerocivm is just really nice

rocivm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to rocivm
well, on the truck i have my sticker of dale jr, but my bf on his car has the licence plate of martin, so, 50-50 here.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #25
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah.........i cant stand 24 either!!!
Gotta love 24 & 48 took each other out.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #26
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a NASCAR fan since the late 70's. Right now I'm a fan of Smoke, #20! I really used to pull for just Pontiac and Chevy and whoever drove their cars. I'm not one of those fans that didn't want "Foreign" Manufactures in NASCAR. So, I'm glad Toyota is doing well. But if ya look back, NASCAR has always penalized the Body style that had an edge. By cutting horsepower, increasing spoiler/Air damn height. I don't agree with it. If a manufacturer has a better body style that cuts through the air, so be it. I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be. When NASCAR came out with the common template, that was the last straw for me. A Chevy should look like a Chevy. A Ford should look like a Ford! I go to the July race at Daytona and watch the short tracks and road courses. Every other track is a clone of Charlotte. Anyway, Tony Stewart is one bad Motha!!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #27
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I've been a NASCAR fan since the late 70's. Right now I'm a fan of Smoke, #20! I really used to pull for just Pontiac and Chevy and whoever drove their cars. I'm not one of those fans that didn't want "Foreign" Manufactures in NASCAR. So, I'm glad Toyota is doing well. But if ya look back, NASCAR has always penalized the Body style that had an edge. By cutting horsepower, increasing spoiler/Air damn height. I don't agree with it. If a manufacturer has a better body style that cuts through the air, so be it. I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be. When NASCAR came out with the common template, that was the last straw for me. A Chevy should look like a Chevy. A Ford should look like a Ford! I go to the July race at Daytona and watch the short tracks and road courses. Every other track is a clone of Charlotte. Anyway, Tony Stewart is one bad Motha!!

That is why a buddy of mine calls NASCAR - NASCRAP! Because of the BS they keep doing.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #28
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
#20 Tony for sure. Lately though I've been a huge fan of Kyle Busch. I know it sounds bandwagon, but I love his attitude and the fact he's so damn good at making that Toyota make everyone else look silly.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #29
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocivm View Post
well, on the truck i have my sticker of dale jr, but my bf on his car has the licence plate of martin, so, 50-50 here.
Old school! Mark Martin is a cool dude! It used to be funny back in the 90's, Dale Sr would get behind Martin and always take the air off the rear of Martins car. Of course, Martin's car would get very loose and Dale would motor right around him. But, I'll always pull for Martin now. He is the best driver out there that hasn't won a championship.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #30
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
#20 Tony for sure. Lately though I've been a huge fan of Kyle Busch. I know it sounds bandwagon, but I love his attitude and the fact he's so damn good at making that Toyota make everyone else look silly.

Same here. I have been a Stewart fan since the day he drove Indy cars. But lately he hasn't been as exciting as in the past. Kyle sure has! I'm due for my tag & I'm getting #18 if it is available.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #31
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Gotta love 24 & 48 took each other out.
well hell yeah!!! damn sure hate i missed the race!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #32
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
well hell yeah!!! damn sure hate i missed the race!!!
Pretty good race.
I always record it on my DVR. That way I can fast forward through the 2 hours of BS before the race, and all the commercials.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Pretty good race.
I always record it on my DVR. That way I can fast forward through the 2 hours of BS before the race, and all the commercials.
i havent watched in the past couple of weeks........mainly cause last week was a road course....and i hate road courses, and i was too busy on sunday. ima watch the next race though!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #34
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
i havent watched in the past couple of weeks........mainly cause last week was a road course....and i hate road courses, and i was too busy on sunday. ima watch the next race though!!!
Bristol is the next race.

Schedule:
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008/data/schedule.html
Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #35
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo_32757 View Post
Only because of "Stupid" Stewart. That boy can't even drive a Tonka toy let alone a Nascar!
Stewart was already on the outside. Another car was on the bottom squeezing Jeff , into Jimmie, into Tony. Can't blame Stewart for that.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #36

Quote:
man....i always tune in for bristol!!! awesome race there(even tho i really dont like the car of tomorrow!!!)!!! great track!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #37
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
What'd ya mean....Can't blame Stewart? His was the first hit? Last time I was in a fight, I got in trouble.....because I made the first hit. Isn't this the same?

Yeah but Stewart didn't make the first hit. Stewart 6"-12" from the wall & was beside Jimmie. Gordon came up the track. It was 4 wide going into the turn. Target car was on bottom.

Jimmie's front wheel hits Stewart behind the drivers window. So Stewart was already beside Jimmie. Stewart didn't hit Jeff, Jeff came up the track into Jimmie. So how can you blame Stewart for the whole thing.

1:43 into vid
"Cut tire puts Gordon into the wall Vid"

http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/
Old 08-19-2008, 04:23 AM   #38
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Old school! Mark Martin is a cool dude! It used to be funny back in the 90's, Dale Sr would get behind Martin and always take the air off the rear of Martins car. Of course, Martin's car would get very loose and Dale would motor right around him. But, I'll always pull for Martin now. He is the best driver out there that hasn't won a championship.
Can't wait to see him driving for HMS next year.

Hopefully Truex will smarten up and leave DEI after next year.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #39

Quote:
I guess everyone has already heard about this....

JGR faces penalties after Nationwide post inspection

Nos. 18 and 20 had magnets to manipulate dyno numbers
ok....whoopie!!!! what does this prove?? its certainly not a power adder or anything!!! hell.......everyone gets caught doing something once in a while!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #40
Quote:
ok....whoopie!!!! what does this prove?? its certainly not a power adder or anything!!! hell.......everyone gets caught doing something once in a while!!!
I agree with ya, Will. You're not a good CrewChief unless you try and BEND the rules a bit!!