Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Nascar Fans!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #41
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo_32757 View Post
I think you missed my point on this.....
I would have posted this, no matter what team it was. I am getting frstrated with Nascar. I grew up a Richard Petty fan and that was when there was no COT, restrictor plates, and so many rules....when Nascar was "NASCAR!".
What about the Indy race? A whole 10 laps at a time....what a race! I'm about to just give up on it.
nah.....i got the point you were making man, but its still the same,everyone does something to get ahead, but a few get caught!! i agree about nascar turning to crap though......every since brian france took over.....its went down hill. and the car of tomorrow sucks!!! when you have body templates, and they are the same damn car for ford,toyota,dodge and chevy......and the only difference is the motors....and transmissions to a point, it aint fun anymore!!! nascar lowering toyota's horsepower output was a total joke(and i aint saying that cause i love toyota.....i like ford too), but its the truth!!! a foreign manufacturer is kicking ass on their second season, and nascar didnt like it........and iguarantee you some other owners of some chevy/dodge/and ford teams were crying about it!!! they need to get ovwer that shit. either get back to the way nascar used to be......or be done with it!!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #42
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Ya know, another thang about NASCAR that has disappointed me since the early 90's is the fans wanting an accident. Waiting for someones misfortune! I think the wrecks slow the action down. And then others applauding when a particular driver gets in some trouble. Why? Let the drivers race, if someone gets bumped hopefully they won't wreck. Jeff Gordon is not my favorite driver but come down to Daytona and listen to the Earnhardt fans if Gordon gets in trouble, they're screaming with joy! That's so wrong. There is very few drivers I don't like but the ones I don't like I would never want them to wreck. Let'em race!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #43
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Ya know, another thang about NASCAR that has disappointed me since the early 90's is the fans wanting an accident. Waiting for someones misfortune! I think the wrecks slow the action down. And then others applauding when a particular driver gets in some trouble. Why? Let the drivers race, if someone gets bumped hopefully they won't wreck. Jeff Gordon is not my favorite driver but come down to Daytona and listen to the Earnhardt fans if Gordon gets in trouble, they're screaming with joy! That's so wrong. There is very few drivers I don't like but the ones I don't like I would never want them to wreck. Let'em race!
well, i think wrecks do slow the race down a bit, but they do make the race a bit more exciting. i dont wanna see anyone get hurt, but when they get 4 wide sometimes, and no one gives any room, someone looses a draft,etc......theres gonna be some consequences and action with it.

i gotta be honest.......i do cheer every once in a while when gordon or 88 hit the wall.........cause the interview afterwards is often funny to me!!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #44
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Good post! The best part of the race are the starts after a yellow or the 1st 20 laps & the last 30 laps. When they get strung out, not much fun to watch. That makes for a good nap time. I once fell alseep during a race & woke up just after it finished, with Waltrip yelling "that was the best finish I ever saw." And of course they had already played all the replays. LOL
Old 08-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #45
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Quote:
Seems like those 'fans' are only very casual fans at best. I mean there is something cool about 3 tons of metal flipping through the air at high velocity, but certainly not at the expense of others.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #46
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Exclamation Just got an email From Atlanta Motor Speedway!

Night Racing is Coming to Atlanta Labor Day '09

http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/laborday09/

I'll be there!

I saw the IRL race the 1st time it came to Atlanta. It was a night race in the summer.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #47
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo_32757 View Post
Don't forget.....
Boogeddie...boogeddie...boogeddie !!!!!

"Lets Go Racin Boys"!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #48
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
fukin joe gibbs racing. makes me sick to think they cheated to win some races with their camrys. just sick.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
fukin joe gibbs racing. makes me sick to think they cheated to win some races with their camrys. just sick.
dude........i guarantee you that everyone cheats.....i know they do.........but its just fact that some of them get caught.....and lots of times, the drivers have no idea....but the crew chiefs do!! not a big deal.......nascar shouldnt have cut toyota's hp rating with their new motors!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #50
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah probly. but i was just venting my opinion when iheard it on the 6 o clock news
Old 08-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #51

Quote:
yeah probly. but i was just venting my opinion when iheard it on the 6 o clock news
man, we build golf coack cars for most of the nascar teams......you should hearall the stuff we hear about some of the drivers and some of the shit they do. crazy as hell!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #52

really. whats one of those bad boys cost with everything in it?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #53

Quote:
really. whats one of those bad boys cost with everything in it?
sometimes, they can be upward of around $8000. and thats with everything, including hi speed gears and stereo, custom paint and seats too, and custom wheels/tires.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #54
Lord of Tomfoolery

A friend won a weekend in Bristol

A chick I used to date. She won from Goody's Headache powder a weekend in Bristol. She had box seats with all access passes. Before the race Richard Petty,Kyle Petty, Reed Sorenson, & Tony Stewart came up to her box seats for autographs, pictures, etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #55

thats too cool