Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

ultimate Ski/Snowboard Interest thread!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #301
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyotaco06 View Post
https://vimeo.com/57150959

Heres one from a few weeks ago, deep day on the split. This is from the summit of Albright Peak in Teton Park 10,550 ft with about 4K foot gain. The 4 thousand foot run down on 18in of fresh powder made the hike up well worth it!

Yeah, conditions have been good, more on the way all week!! Hope the east gets some to, have heard its been hit or miss out there this winter.
Quote:
https://vimeo.com/57166168

Recent Teton Pass splitboarding lap. Blower from 00:40-2:45.

and that is why we splitboard

i can feel myself choking on that snow in the second one hahaha
Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #302
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
and that is why we splitboard

i can feel myself choking on that snow in the second one hahaha
Haha, yeah man, I have been doing more of that this year than riding lifts. I love splitting!!

https://vimeo.com/60350621

Heres 39 seconds of Jackson hole resort from today. Rode bell to bell in 15in of cold dry powder. Whiteroom all day, this is the only vid I took today due to shitty visibility and I didn't feel like trying to film anything. I also dont know how to upload longer videos or edit them, maybe I should look into that instead of filming the short clips I know how to upload...on/off/on/off gets old. Anyhoo, it was a pretty kick ass day!

Any editing tips for Go pro's?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #303
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yesterday a buddy and I got first and second tracks down the Martini Chutes, 3 hour hike from JHMR. This is me yesterday exiting the Martini with olive. Pretty awesome conditions!!! 3000 ft below was bottomless untouched powder as well.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #304
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
fwt in kirkwood

http://www.neverstopexploring.com/bl...de-world-tour/
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #305
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
nice to see you tearing it up wyo! keep em coming! havent been getting out nearly as much as i'd like...
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #306
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
yesterday was ok if you enjoy bluebird powder

Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #307
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter29 View Post
yesterday was ok if you enjoy bluebird powder

Sick!!! Love Utah! Snowbird and Alta are my two favorite resorts I've been to! Couldn't make it this year :'(.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #308

Splitboard mission to the Sliver Couloir in the Tetons yesterday, sorry bout the huge photos....

Sunrise on Sliver/Tetons

Three hrs of skinning and half way up setting bootpack

Snow was GOOOD
Last look at the Sliver, was a sick day of splitboarding!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #309
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
hell fucking yea!

i've seen that in a movie before...forget which one..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #310

I think the Sliver is in some older TGR movies...here's some lame Go Pro Footy of the Sliver

https://vimeo.com/61492483

https://vimeo.com/61480419
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #311
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
heading up to vail tomorrow any colorado front range members want a ride or going to be up there tomorrow lemme know
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #313
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
I know you guys will like this/have seen it...but these guys are absolutely fucking awesome. The bet urban riders alive right now IMO! Their park riding looks goofy as hell, but when they hit the streets everything they do is insanely creative and looks effortless. mind blown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8clsnuOaDPQ

GRAHH! Why wont you imbed!
Hell yea, Traveling Circus is the shit - lots of sick rail skiing, and always some laughs
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #314
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of weekends ago was my first time out skiing in 2 years since having ACL surgery on both knees. I was a nervous wreck on the first couple of runs, but felt a little more confident as the day went on.

It was high avie danger in the backcountry, so we stayed inbounds -- but even so, I kicked off a small slab that buried my buddy up to his chest. He was wearing his gopro on a chest mount and it got totally buried. No video, as the camera wasn't turned on, but he did get a still sequence of me. Notice the fracture forming on the left side of the frames, then finally you see the slab in the lower left corner of the last pic. It was a close call!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #315
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery

Me and the future grom. First day of skiing is tomorrow after we land in Colorado!!!
My 2 yr old nephew.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #316
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Splitboard mission to the Sliver Couloir in the Tetons yesterday, sorry bout the huge photos....

Sunrise on Sliver/Tetons

Three hrs of skinning and half way up setting bootpack

Snow was GOOOD
Last look at the Sliver, was a sick day of splitboarding!
Hell yes! Nice send.

I skied the Ellingwood Couloir on the Middle many years ago, solo. I hiked up Garnet Canyon one afternoon in July, bivvied under the huge boulder that sits in the junction of the canyons. I forgot my thermarest so I had to sleep with my bag and bivy sack on the snow -- I swear I thought I was going to be frozen solid when I woke up the next morning. First thing in the morning, I got up, ascended the couloir (there were frozen sun cups the size of hot tubs), and just as I got to within 100 feet of the top, an early morning thunderstorm came through and dumped popcorn size hail on my helmetless head. Skied the Ellingwood on aforementioned frozen hot tub suncups, with lightning strikes and hail all around me. When I got down to the lowest skiable snow in Garnet, I RAN to Jacobs Ladder because the weather just got nastier and nastier. I think I was back at my car by 9am.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Hell yes! Nice send.

I skied the Ellingwood Couloir on the Middle many years ago, solo. I hiked up Garnet Canyon one afternoon in July, bivvied under the huge boulder that sits in the junction of the canyons. I forgot my thermarest so I had to sleep with my bag and bivy sack on the snow -- I swear I thought I was going to be frozen solid when I woke up the next morning. First thing in the morning, I got up, ascended the couloir (there were frozen sun cups the size of hot tubs), and just as I got to within 100 feet of the top, an early morning thunderstorm came through and dumped popcorn size hail on my helmetless head. Skied the Ellingwood on aforementioned frozen hot tub suncups, with lightning strikes and hail all around me. When I got down to the lowest skiable snow in Garnet, I RAN to Jacobs Ladder because the weather just got nastier and nastier. I think I was back at my car by 9am.
NICE!! I rode the Ellingwood last Feb in powder....it was F'n sweet!! After having 2 ACL surgeries on my left knee in 8 years I feel your pain man Both times I tore it snowboarding. I ride 100-130 days a season and although I will always have arthritis in my knee due to lots of meniscus damage, I am confident on the stability of my knee.

Key is to maintain lots of strength on your leg muscles, especially the ones surrounding your knee. Biking and uphill hiking are both great, low impact activities to build these muscles.

Splitboarding/bootpacking are great ways to get strength uphill hiking with a huge reward while going downhill
Old 04-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #318

Splitboarded two laps today, stable conditions on 10+inches of fresh. Nobody out today, didn't see anyone in three hours of touring. This time of year most people have given up on skiing/snowboarding, which means fresh tracks everywhere My own private ski area....

https://vimeo.com/64017099

https://vimeo.com/64018089
Old 08-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #319
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/NAmx6uFAq5Y

because you know we're all waiting for some powder
Old 08-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #320
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh snow isn't going to be here soon enough!!