Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

ultimate Ski/Snowboard Interest thread!!!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter29 View Post
nordic jumping. the long jumps...
Wow, very cool. If you don't mind me asking, how'd you get recognized by Icelantic? Freeride comps or was it from your olympic career?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #22
dvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant future
dvdrdclf's Tacoma Gallery
Born and raised in NY. Grew up skiing Mt. Snow and Stratton, VT.

5'6"
own: Rossignol Scratch Brigade 178, 140 Axial bindings i think.
Armada Pipe Cleaner 171, Salomon STH 14 Driver
Moment Bibby Pro 184, Marker Baron.

Been skiing since 3 years old, currently 27 living and working in Breckenridge, CO. I ski 4 - 6 days a week as long as my schedule permits.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool cool, how's the snow been up in breck?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #24
dvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant future
been good actually. huge improvement over last year; i've had many pow days already. if you head up this way let me know, we'll shred.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #26
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrdclf View Post
Born and raised in NY. Grew up skiing Mt. Snow and Stratton, VT.

5'6"
own: Rossignol Scratch Brigade 178, 140 Axial bindings i think.
Armada Pipe Cleaner 171, Salomon STH 14 Driver
Moment Bibby Pro 184, Marker Baron.

Been skiing since 3 years old, currently 27 living and working in Breckenridge, CO. I ski 4 - 6 days a week as long as my schedule permits.
Grew up skiing Stratton, Okemo, Killington.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #27
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
hate to thread jack but im a snowboarder if that counts for anything lol
haha, its all good man, we all like to ride, that counts
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #28
Give 'er

Quote:
been good actually. huge improvement over last year; i've had many pow days already. if you head up this way let me know, we'll shred.
for sure, don't start school again till the 24th, but I'll be up a lot starting the end of next week
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #29
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
damn it. i'm in colorado and due to a schedule change i'm working 14 day shifts while here instead of 7 days, 7 nights. skied in utah this morning giving me 43 days so far this season but i'm still grumpy about a forced 14 day break
Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #30
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
hows the snow been out there in the steamboat, CO area guys? I am soooo about ready to move out there. i hate this crap we have here.... well.. i haven't even been able to ski... no damn snow here.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #31
Give 'er

Still haven't been to steamboat myself....yet! Going up to take an Avi course in Silverton in a few weeks tho, pretty excited about that
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #32
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
I have Armada AR6's and LOVE them. Plus 2009 Head slalom ski's and this years Atomic ski's with the varizone bindings. Pretty sick bindings
Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #33
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
hate to thread jack but im a snowboarder if that counts for anything lol
Same! I was startin to feel outta place hahaha.

For those who know I just picked up a brand new 11' Lib Tech C2BTX HP 161.5...fucking amazing! I've never ridden mange traction before and this thing is a beast!

EDIT:

I ride up here in Alaska, usually at alyeska resort in Girdwood but for back country I'll go to Hatchers pass in Wasilla or to Turnagain
Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #34
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if anyone is skiing Vail tomorrow 1/6 or Beaver Creek monday 1/10 we'll be doing helicopter training with the ski patrol. feel free to swing by and check it out if you'd like
Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #35
Give 'er

Quote:
if anyone is skiing Vail tomorrow 1/6 or Beaver Creek monday 1/10 we'll be doing helicopter training with the ski patrol. feel free to swing by and check it out if you'd like
ah, that would be awesome. I might be up there monday
Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #36
Quote:
damn that sounds awesome
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #37
Give 'er

Quote:
What are you guys working on, air-evac procedures and such? Do they do avi-control from a heli anywhere in Co? I know Jackson does at times
Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #38
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We need to ride!!! Probably live within 5 min of each other. Are you attending the Tacos on the Beach event Jan 30 at A-Basin?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
What are you guys working on, air-evac procedures and such? Do they do avi-control from a heli anywhere in Co? I know Jackson does at times
we'll be teaching landing zone, heli safety and hot load training.
basically teach a ground course, start the aircraft and the med crew will do practice loads carrying in a patient under the rotors, securing the litter and the doors. then i get all the fun of giving quick rides to the patrol they load while the groups still on the ground can take turns using the radio to give an lz brief and talk about whats going on. i pretty much get an hour to go joy ride and shoot approaches into the ski area.

we only do medical flights. we will on request help out with search and rescue and avalanche shuttle but its case by case.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #40
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Are you attending the Tacos on the Beach event Jan 30 at A-Basin?
planning on being there myself