Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

ultimate Ski/Snowboard Interest thread!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #41
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter29 View Post
we'll be teaching landing zone, heli safety and hot load training.
basically teach a ground course, start the aircraft and the med crew will do practice loads carrying in a patient under the rotors, securing the litter and the doors. then i get all the fun of giving quick rides to the patrol they load while the groups still on the ground can take turns using the radio to give an lz brief and talk about whats going on. i pretty much get an hour get to go joy ride and shoot approaches into the ski area.

we only do medical flights. we will on request help out with search and rescue and avalanche shuttle but its case by case.
wow, very cool
Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #42
dvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant future
dvdrdclf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
We need to ride!!! Probably live within 5 min of each other. Are you attending the Tacos on the Beach event Jan 30 at A-Basin?

as of now i am working but trying to get off
Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #43
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just got a pair of trekkers in the mail and they came with a free....razor? WTF?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #44
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Road trip to Schweitzer this coming weekend. The weather report looks EPIC. Perfect timing.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #45
Give 'er

Ah, I'm jealous. My roommate lives in WA, skis at Crystal, they're supposed to get hammered this week too
Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #46
Give 'er

An update, and looking for opinions on my next ski purchase...

Anyone ever skiied Moments? I'm lookin at these two, and they sound kick-ass

http://www.momentskis.com/nighttrain.php
http://www.momentskis.com/bibbypro.php
Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #47
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I suggest the Bibby Pro. Anything with camber versus flat wins in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #48
Give 'er

Yea I'm damn near sold on the 190 Bibby's....seems like just the ski I want, but its hard to drop $700 on a pair of boards I've never ridden. I can't find 'em anywhere for less than that
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #50
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
Ah, I'm jealous. My roommate lives in WA, skis at Crystal, they're supposed to get hammered this week too
I'll probably be at Crystal this weekend. They've received 21" in the last 48 hours, so avy danger is pretty high. It's also a mix of rain at the base and snow at the summit, which blows.

All the reports I'm hearing are wet, heavy snow. So we'll se how it goes. Maybe I'll make a drive out to Schweitzer myself....
Old 01-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #51
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
I'll probably be at Crystal this weekend. They've received 21" in the last 48 hours, so avy danger is pretty high. It's also a mix of rain at the base and snow at the summit, which blows.

All the reports I'm hearing are wet, heavy snow. So we'll se how it goes. Maybe I'll make a drive out to Schweitzer myself....
Thats what I heard, it straight up rained for a bit yesterday, sounds like a mess
Old 01-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #52
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdtaco View Post
just had 55 pairs of skis in my truck today.
damn, why? Sounds like old ski team/ gear swap days
Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #53
dvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant future
dvdrdclf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
An update, and looking for opinions on my next ski purchase...

Anyone ever skiied Moments? I'm lookin at these two, and they sound kick-ass

http://www.momentskis.com/nighttrain.php
http://www.momentskis.com/bibbypro.php
i own the 184 bibby pros ( this years )..... i am 5'6'. like them alot.... you should get some
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #54
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrdclf View Post
i own the 184 bibby pros ( this years )..... i am 5'6'. like them alot.... you should get some
Yep, I'll be getting some 190 Bibby's very soon, so stoked.
Just scored some Salomon STH 14 Drivers for 'em off ebay for $170
Old 01-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #55

on snow demo

Schweitzer Report:
RAIN and MOR RAIN.
Hit up Whitefish Mtn. Resort Friday afternoon, good snow, ZERO visibility. Schweitzer Saturday and Sunday. It had a bunch of snow last week but had a nasty ice crust on top of it. Luckily we all had big powder skis and they actually crushed it on the conditions at hand. We were getting first tracks all over because no one else dared try pushing their skis through that crap. Surprisingly good time!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #56
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
today is the last of 14 straight days at work. with the exception of two days off for SIA show i get to ski everyday for the next 4 weeks!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #57
Give 'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter29 View Post
today is the last of 14 straight days at work. with the exception of two days off for SIA show i get to ski everyday for the next 4 weeks!
Nice!! I'll be at SIA as well, stoked to see next year's line-up
Skiied A-basin today and things were pretty friggin sweet. I was staying at a friends place in Keystone, A-basin got about ~12", firstly, it was a Tuesday, and I-70 was closed for some time in the morning. Rolled into the parking lot around 9:15 and the lot wasn't nowhere near half full...such a fun day. Sorry...I couldn't help but share.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #58
Tacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacomada's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread... Demo'd the S7... liked it, narrow rear help keep the heels down and tips up in the deep stuff...

I'll have to make a trip south to hit the slopes sometime... that said theres a couple wicked gems up my way. Shames mountain (Terrace), Hudson mountain (ski smithers).. and whistler is only a short flight away.

Some amazing skiing up this way for all you die hards. Heli Skiing in the area is spectacular.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #59
Give 'er

[QUOTE
Some amazing skiing up this way for all you die hards. Heli Skiing in the area is spectacular.[/QUOTE]

I believe it, I've driven through Golden and Revelstoke in late Feb, it was torture looking at all the pillow lines off the road. I will make it to BC, haha