Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2011 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Formula 1 Season Paddock

Hi kids , I thought I would start a thread for the F1 fans on TW , so we have a place to discuss the upcoming season .

http://www.formula1.com/races/calendar.html

Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I for one would like to see Alonso take the championship this year to atone for Ferrari's mistakes in strategy that cost him the last race of 2010 .
Old 01-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to see Felipe take it this year! Never been much of an Alonso fan. Id really like to see Schumacher do a little better this year also. A lot of talent out there!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
jemartin144 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jemartin144's Tacoma Gallery
Lets go Kubica! I know, I know, he has no chance.

It doesnt really matter anyway because the sport just keeps going downhill. Too many rules trying to control too many things. In a few years we're gonna end up with spec chasis, weirder video game gimmicks, and even bigger primadonna drivers.

I wish they would just let racing be racing and let the gears of progress continue to turn.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #5

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemartin144 View Post

It doesnt really matter anyway because the sport just keeps going downhill. Too many rules trying to control too many things. In a few years we're gonna end up with spec chasis, weirder video game gimmicks, and even bigger primadonna drivers.

I wish they would just let racing be racing and let the gears of progress continue to turn.
I agree that the constant rule changes are confusing , and don't really add the cost savings measures that the FIA are trying to implement.

There is a movement to change the engine spec , starting in the 2013 season to a turbo charged V4 , as a platform to develop a more "green" fuel efficient powerplant . At what point do they not just allow F1 to be the pinnacle of motorsport?

Kubica has a ton of driving talent so it all comes down to how competitive the Renault is this year .

The 2011 cars are set to unveilled at the end of the month.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
I'd love to see Felipe take it this year! Never been much of an Alonso fan. Id really like to see Schumacher do a little better this year also. A lot of talent out there!!!
Now that team orders are legal , I see no way that Massa will be able place be any higher than second in the Championship , but time will tell . He seemed to lose some of his edge after his accident .
Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
I was glad to see Red Bull take it this year. They worked hard since taking over Jag a few seasons ago. Overall it wasn't a bad season imho. Watching Schumacher was just painful however.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRan View Post
I was glad to see Red Bull take it this year. They worked hard since taking over Jag a few seasons ago. Overall it wasn't a bad season imho. Watching Schumacher was just painful however.
Red Bull definitely had the fastest car last year , but I would have preffered to see Mark Webber win it over Vettel , although I will admit he is a very talented driver , Sebastian just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
In the US , do you guys get the BBC feed or is it on SPEED channel?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemartin144 View Post

Yep, it's just like neckcar, I meant NASCAR. Too many rules and regs.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Thank God for F1! NASCAR is about to start and I need some real racing!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It was painful. Hopefully this year they will have him in a car that it spec'd to him and not a drop in car like he was in last season.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #13
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
It was painful. Hopefully this year they will have him in a car that it spec'd to him and not a drop in car like he was in last season.
Makes you think that maybe some of those championships had more to do with Ferrari and less with Schumacher.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Makes you think that maybe some of those championships had more to do with Ferrari and less with Schumacher.
I would be suprised if Schumacher out performs Rosberg this year .
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
All feeds will now originate in HD format , so it will look even better this year

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/37915.html
Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
With a name like 'F150' I'm surprisied it doesn't have a bed in place of the rear wing. I wonder if Mclaren will name theirs the 'MP-Sierra'.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With a name like 'F150' I'm surprisied it doesn't have a bed in place of the rear wing. I wonder if Mclaren will name theirs the 'MP-Sierra'.
I kinda cringed at that as well , but it's to celebrate the 150 anniversary of Italian unification
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #19
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Charlie
4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Robert Kubica, or Bob Cue-bitzer as David Hobbs calls him. My real choice is to bring back the Ice Man. Kimster was great, on the podium or in the ditch drunk you got the same interview.

If you guys need racing we are in the heart of one of the best Supercross series in years, also worcs racing just started for off-road fans which lost a two time champion to a practice crash days before the season started, RIP Nathan Woods racers all tip your heads to the passing of a great man.
http://vimeo.com/10443396